• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Gomez was okay. Morticia threw me off, but I can get used to that.

But what the HELL was that Fester voice?!

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
latest

Will never be topped

She'll never be topped, but I feel like Christina Ricci would do a great job. I think Houston has a regal quality to her that can't be topped, but Ricci does dark really, really well.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
There is no room for a straight "You sunk my battleship" joke in 2019.

thespartin

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I didnt even realize this was being made. Didnt really get a great feeling from the trailer. The movie from the 90's was great so this has a lot to live up to for me.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This trailer has removed almost all interest I've built up for the release. =(

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Honestly I think the charm of Adams family is the specific mix of live action actors committing to the cartoonish stuff with 100% sincerity. Their insanity was held up by the way that Raul and Angelica genuinely looked over the op in love with each other.

Just straight up making a cartoon loses nearly all of that, especially when there's better "horror people living in a mansion" cartoon movies and kids shows out there.

I get as well that it's supposed to be emulating the original comic strip but that had a whole different tone than this movie is going for anyway.

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
This is like some exec says we need to get on the Hotel Transylvania money train and some other exec said they had the Adams Family IP. and no one questioned if it was good or bad. And the joke about It was just flat.

The last good animated Adams Family was done by Hannah-Barbara, in that Scooby Doo movie

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wednesday looks like she's in the wrong aspect ratio compared to the rest of the characters and it drives me fucking bonkers.

Oct 25, 2017
"PLEASE I BEG YOU...TAKE MEEEEEEE" at the staircase after Pubert's illness which could possibly turn him into a lawyer is amazing.

And let's not forget how insanely great Debbie, The Temptress Of Waikiki is.

giphy.webp

Those movies, especially the second one are pretty much perfect. Chris Lloyd absolutely NAILS the role of Fester.

Another line that cracks me up:

Our Amanda's already skipped two grades. How 'bout your boy?

Gomez : Probation!

In the Latin American dub they changed "probation" with "he's fat!", which I find equally hilarious due to the tone the voice actor uses.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Those movies, especially the second one are pretty much perfect. Chris Lloyd absolutely NAILS the role of Fester.

Another line that cracks me up:

Our Amanda's already skipped two grades. How 'bout your boy?

Gomez : Probation!

In the Latin American dub they changed "probation" with "he's fat!", which I find equally hilarious due to the tone the voice actor uses.

Lol...."he's fat!" as a comeback to that. Amazing.

"All that I can forgive, but Debbie...............pastels.............?"
"OOOUUUTTT!!!!!"

I DEMAND JUSTICE

SOMEONE HAS MARRIED MY BROTHER

That whole scene is fucking gold

I want to give this a try. It's not the same though.

Values is so caustic and absurdly over the topic, I don't care what came before or after it (well, besides the great first movie) almost.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This looks amazing, love that it's the take on the comic style as the live action movies and original tv show could never be topped.

giphy.gif

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
oopf...really really lame jokes...if that's putting your best foot forward as your first trailer...yikes...

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Make it live action, cowards.

Christina Ricci and Rami Malek.

Oct 27, 2017
Addams Family Values ,from start to finish, is one of the most quotable films of all time.

"and all their old noses grew back"
*all the girls scream*

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I know animated films won't get funding if they don't use a cast full of big-name actors, but I wager there's a good amount of professional voice actors that could have done these characters better.

Oct 25, 2017
I DEMAND JUSTICE

SOMEONE HAS MARRIED MY BROTHER

That whole scene is fucking gold

I want to give this a try. It's not the same though.
Not even the best lines.

My name is Gomez Addams, and I have seen evil!

I have seen HORROR!

I HAVE SEEN THE UNHOLY MAGGOTS WHICH FEAST IN THEE DARK RECESSES OF THE HUMAN SOUL!

I have seen all this, Officer. But until today, I had never seen... YOU!

The delivery just seals this entire scene Raul was a treasure.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I suppose we should be grateful considering his lackadaisical approach to bigger-budget projects for the last decade or so, but it always surprised me Tim Burton never did anything with the Addams Family. Was it just too obvious, even for him?

Back in 2013, this was supposed to be a Tim Burton directed stop motion movie made at Illumination.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
I was actually worried for a moment thinking this was going to be live-action but now that worry is gone as this'll probably be terrible and everyone will have forgotten about it's existence in about a year.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The barrage of hilarious lines in Family Values never ceases to amaze, some of the funniest jokes go by in a flash in the dialogue, like when Debbie is introduced to Gomez:

Debbie: "Oh, what a ladykiller."
Gomez: "Acquitted!"

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
This looks fine. It honestly looks way more pleasant than I was expecting. The humor feels like Addams Family humor to me, the characters seem to be in order, it looks like the comics. The only thing we're missing is the actual plot, so the trailer comes off, to me, as if it was just assembled from jokes from an animated show that never existed. (Well, an animated show DID exist, just these are clips from a different one). I dunno maybe if anything it's too safe? It all felt super fitting, the humor feels like Addams Family humor has always felt to me.

Doesn't work for me. It should be live action, it just feels stupid in CG.
Takes like these are always so weird to me because The Addams Family originated as a comic strip. They have always been cartoons, the TV show and movies just adapted them with actors for live action versions. Is it only because people don't even know about the comics (I didn't until last year, but I knew about the 90s animated series), or is it just that the movie performances are so good they eclipse the actual original content/design?

1*WplciYg0LeVrsNcna3BKXQ.png

Original comic

x240-BG_.jpg

Hanna Barberra animated series

maxresdefault.jpg

90s animated series

I do understand and agree that there's a lot of charm coming from real people committing 100% to the outlandish and cartoony lifestyle they have, though.

Addams Family always seems to see-saw back and forth between live action and cartoon with each reboot, and the last reboot was live action so it's cartoon time again!

I am not, however, happy to hear this is being done by anyone in a position of power from Sausage Party. ):<

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WOOF.

Not a fan of how they translated those designs into 3D and overall the CGI looks like it was rendered 15 years ago.

None of the jokes landed for me, didn't care for the voice casting, either.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
This seems rather faithful to the original New Yorker cartoons. Possibly to its detriment.

Oct 25, 2017
If that's the best material they could muster up for the trailer I don't have a lot of faith in this.

It should have been stop-motion too.