• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017
I've recently seen a number of banner ads for the NRA. This doesn't make for difficult navigation like other, more intrusive ads but... good grief, it's the NRA!

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the whole ad, but it was in one of those "templated ad with products that cycle through"

And if you tell me this is based on my browsing history i swear to fucking god

QynNweKcksy7xeCOMFTG61h9yVxXEkYUfF4zFqw4NUYkfQZDT9B1VbooYZAKOrGdNVy9kKWKwOvpFD5f4WSoI-4RXYES_AgNDcFx6mCqNXus8sOWGoYtyr5qLWJxc7vc6Pi5YZIHm4P_8IZ5Fx6I_Wvg7NXkis9Nz2Ome91zfiSt3Ry21heiMINEN7P8u1wT7nTDzdih5J41emHYcGt6J3mMjGgNeQwbdMRxPRpUNFFu-1iMhlvUO4JEX0czRlXBoA00d8C8bU7OIUvkY5an_M2XNf9nlC2gymqMZvw8WlyWf9vmwHlVhjP0S-IMBPyyQA2AqIyNvF5JTu9jCdc=w195-h102-rj-pd-pc0x00e9e9e9
Your picture isn't loading for me, I'm also getting NSFW ads lately. I'm getting ads for "newzgeeks.net" that are also using NSFW imagery to the far left of the ad for no reason whatsoever. And I'm on a work PC that absolutely no NSFW shit happens on.

fatjaxx

Oct 28, 2017
My bro is a getting a Discovery+ ad on his iphone using firefox. It sits at the bottom of the page.

Dec 31, 2017
Discovery+ ads have started taking over my screen.

They're full screen, repeat once you scroll passed and have the balls to tell you to rotate your screen.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
My bro is a getting a Discovery+ ad on his iphone using firefox. It sits at the bottom of the page.
Discovery+ ads have started taking over my screen.

They're full screen, repeat once you scroll passed and have the balls to tell you to rotate your screen.
These Discovery+ ads are so fucking annoying
Hey, can you guys get me screenshots of the ads and links to them? We're talking to the ad company to get them down and this will make it easier.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I'm seeing giant sized ads on Era now. Even the ad space for smaller ads take up like half the page when there are smaller ads. I hope this is a temporary issue

Trust

Jun 10, 2018
Ads are taking up a lot of space. More than usual.
Browser: Google Chrome
Platform: Desktop
PbEW1Ig.png

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
getting a recurring pop up

Do you want to download "no_match_opted_out"?

on almost every page load since about 30 mins ago. Don't know if an ad or site update?

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The top banner ad on Chrome mobile stretches the screen quite a bit. It's not auto formated to fit the width of the screen any more

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting a redirect ad on mobile from time to time these past few days. Sometimes when I tap a thread or the quick jump drop-down a new tab will open to some kind of scam offer.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Browser: Chrome
Offending Ad: AIPAC ad asking me to "Take a stand against Rep. Omar"

I didn't screenshot it but I don't think such ads are appropriate for our board.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
4183587458231549932.png

This is just terrible. Literally reinforcing a misogynistic stereotype of the "army woman who cheats on her partner while they are deployed".

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Had some weird ad that took over the entire site, and redirected whenever I attempted to click anywhere to this site: https://order.outback.com/?utm_sour...m_campaign=OBS_Display_2021&utm_content=eComm

What a weird thing. I'll keep the resetera page open if you need a recording or something lmao.

Edit, thread was this one: https://www.resetera.com/threads/14...-some-of-the-funniest-shit-on-youtube.489295/

Correction, it apparently is an ad that loaded improperly, and is invisible and in the top left corner of the page (it is ad sized and covers the quick jump button and main navigation button.)

Last edited:

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
image0.png

Feels a little odd to be having Diablo II banner ads at the same time as a stickied announcement on the gaming side recommending donations to charities combatting workplace abuse, prompted in large part by the horror stories coming out of ActiBlizz.

Browser: Safari, mobile
Platform: iOS

Last edited:

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
4183587458231549932.png

This is just terrible. Literally reinforcing a misogynistic stereotype of the "army woman who cheats on her partner while they are deployed".

Holy crap this is so bad it's not even hilarious. The stolen style just takes the cake as well.

Just jumping in to say I haven't had any of the "Tender Moms" ads for a while, so I think they might finally be gone.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting this full-screen ad on occasion now

GejaQeq.jpg

Tapping the X redirects me to the same scam offer that I mentioned last month in a post further up this page.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I keep getting this spammy add that's disgusting to look at and probably links to misinformation

Sanatana

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Pacific Northwest
I'm getting some of the most disgusting, twisted ad recommendations on here. Yesterday an ad for toe fungus with close ups of cartoon crusty dingy toenails was in immaculate display below the threads, oh and for the past view days I've gotten those creepy TopToon ads that hint towards pedophilia, sexual assault, and incest. 🤮

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Browser: Chrome

No banned ad is being displayed when I see this problem, but I've gotten a few redirects to jewelersdirect.com. Sometimes, when I try to click on the Resetera Nav bar on the top, it'll instead open a new tab to Jewlersdirect.com. It goes away when I just refresh the Resetera tab and presumably get a new add that isn't causing it.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
iOS, Safari
Getting an annoying Rockstar energy banner at the bottom of the page that has a dynamic pop up element to it as well. Super distracting.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
I cant post any screen grabs as I'm on my iPad, but I'm now seeing ads for "Top Toon" that have a distinctly hentai flavour to them.

s2398jgi2jf

Feb 5, 2020
Browser: Chome
Platform: Android
Offending Ad: Almost every new page brings with it a video that pops up from the bottom and takes up around a quarter of my screen. The ads force run for 5 seconds before a skip is allowed and if not skipped run for ~30 seconds. Right now, as I type this, they are for Adobe products and holiday package ads but they can be for a lot of things.

They are very frustrating.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Ruined King ads are causing entire site to lock up until they finish loading. Also suspect their may be some type of malware. My Firefox browser became completely hosed. Had to uninstall and reinstall. Newest FireFox on Windows 10 here.

Nov 27, 2017
Ruined King ads are causing entire site to lock up until they finish loading. Also suspect their may be some type of malware. My Firefox browser became completely hosed. Had to uninstall and reinstall. Newest FireFox on Windows 10 here.

Yeah I'm seeing something similar. It's screwing with my browser's ability to click links until it completely loads, which takes a long time. Also on Firefox in Windows 10.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting pop up ad on the bottom of the screen on Chrome mobile when scrolling the topic list

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Chrome, Android, getting a Discover ad that's putting an obnoxious orange overlay around the entire screen