• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I've been getting full-screen takeover ads. Randomly also in Spanish.

0c8c4aec-f729-4275-b9kkjjn.png

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017

We've spoken to the ad company and they're monitoring the thread as they track this down. So if people keep seeing these kinds of ads, keep posting them in here and letting us know.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
ERA is almost completely unusable for me on iPhone safari because of these Ford pop up ads. I'm not trying to pile on, just venting my frustrations. I can't even read a thread for more than a minute without getting a full screen pop up.

Thank you guys for your efforts getting this resolved.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
ERA is almost completely unusable for me on iPhone safari because of these Ford pop up ads. I'm not trying to pile on, just venting my frustrations. I can't even read a thread for more than a minute without getting a full screen pop up.

Thank you guys for your efforts getting this resolved.

Yeah same for me. Promesa Spanish Ford ads every 15 seconds. This shit is wild. ERA is damn near unusable for me.

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg

Also getting this ad while browsing the forum and while writing this post :/. When this ad pops up while writing a post it becomes very frustrating to deal with on mobile since the close ad function becomes obscured when collapsing the keyboard.

Safari
iOS

CNSBarry

Oct 27, 2017
I've been getting a lot of ads protruding over the right hand sidebar like this since switching over to Chromium-based Microsoft Edge:
annotation2020-07-171xcklr.png

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Keep getting random full screen Sherman Williams ads in English and Spanish. It's so annoying.

Oct 25, 2017
On one page I got the Sherwin Williams ad, closed it and then a few seconds later PROMESA FORD. All on the same page, no refreshing or anything.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
as some people have mentioned, the Sherwin Williams ads are popping up and covering the entire screen on my phone.

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
I've been getting the Spanish Sherman Williams ad non stop. I'm on IOS Chrome. Making navigating this website very difficult.

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
As I said, we've been in touch with the ad company and they know this is still a problem.

Information
If you want to help get rid of these ads, please provide us with screenshots of them so they can be more easily found.

If there's no improvement by tomorrow we'll look at extreme options.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hi, I just wanted to report a very annoying Spanish Promesa Ford ad that constantly pops up. I've used the report ad function but it's been a week and it's tiring. I don't have an image, though. As soon as it pops up again (as it always does), I will share it.

Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

Simple and lightning fast image sharing. Upload clipboard images with Copy & Paste and image files with Drag & Drop

I am on iOS 13.5.1 and I'm using Google Chrome

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Getting a nasty redirect pretty much constantly

Browser: Firefox (latest version - doesn't seem to be happening on Chrome)
Platform: Desktop (Windows 10)
Offending Ad:

sensitizer501-ad.PNG

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been getting the same redirect ad all morning that tries to make it look like I need a Firefox update. Making it very hard to use the site.

Firefox, Windows 10 desktop
QViOwW0.jpeg

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah we thought we got the worst of it under control over the weekend but it looks like it's back with a vengeance. The ad agency is aware and they're escalating it to their tech team to see if it's something related to the actual implementation. Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you B-Dubs. I was about to post about the Ford ads continuing to hijack your site, but it looks like you guys are already on top of it. So far I am not getting intrusive ads via Firefox PC, just on iOS (firefox).

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
I guess you guys don't want to take care of the problem because I'm still getting the fords and some other full screen take over ads ( a person with a bubble thought AD). Really sucks

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is with these Ford ads? I probably get one every 30 seconds. Makes this site unusable. How about you deactivate these types of ads?

dk0rt3z

Oct 27, 2017
The annoying, constant re-aligning of the page every 10-15 seconds because of the auto-refreshing is what makes this site terrible to read on mobile. Please fix this. I love the site, but hope you guys understand that it makes for a terrible user experience. Time for those extreme options.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got a similar full screen ad takeover, Safari, iOS, i'm in California too:
ilItN4j_d.jpg
I've been getting this one for at least a month, also while on mobile it interrupts me while trying to type posts ALL THE TIME and I've lost a few really long posts that I had to go back and redo.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
30 second ad refreshes is really overkill. Is that something you guys have control over or is that the ad agency? It's obnoxious.

I get having to pay the bills, but this is actively antagonizing your users.

Most forum sites just settle for one or two banner ads per page load, not constant refreshes.

The worst is when it refreshes the entire page and you lose the post you were writing. Like the last post I was writing. I'm hurrying on this one because I'm afraid it's going to happen again!

Last edited:

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
We've taken some extreme measures to curtail ads on mobile and will reach out to the agency again. Thanks for your patience.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting page shifts on every single page load on desktop firefox. Sometimes it happens twice.

Why doesn't this site format the page with a large area at the top ready to load an ad? Instead of shifting the entire page down when the ad eventually loads, making everyone rage when they are trying to read something and it abruptly shifts the copy they are are reading to an arbitrary location

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
To further clarify, this is what is happening:

The entire page loads. Then everything shifts down about 1-2 lines to make room for the ad at the top of the page. THEN, when the ad actually loads, everything shifts down another 3-4 lines because the room made for the ad isn't enough.

I don't know why the entire page loads before then adding in (insufficient) space for an ad banner in the first place. If anything, it should load that reserved space for the ad first before loading the rest of the page to avoid shifting copy down.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
To further clarify, this is what is happening:

The entire page loads. Then everything shifts down about 1-2 lines to make room for the ad at the top of the page. THEN, when the ad actually loads, everything shifts down another 3-4 lines because the room made for the ad isn't enough.

I don't know why the entire page loads before then adding in (insufficient) space for an ad banner in the first place. If anything, it should load that reserved space for the ad first before loading the rest of the page to avoid shifting copy down.

yes. i click the wrong thing more often than not.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
So. We're getting Trump and "cancel culture" themed ads. Nothing actually site breaking, but is there any way to blacklist ads like that from showing? They are pretty gross.