• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
How is it they reached out to the ad company a month ago, and every few days I end up with redirects every third page load?
Put my name in for another who's constantly getting those ads.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only nice thing I can say is that these redirects are less hostile than ones in the past that would make your phone vibrate and trap you in the site. Still annoying though and they all seem to be .club sites which I can't think of any legit site that uses that domain.

RGamer2009

Oct 28, 2017
Im the 5 Billionth winner guys!!

...this needs to be looked at. Its hard to browse mobile when these intrusive ads show up.

Chrome
Galaxy S9+

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got two "you're a winner!" kind of redirects on the Watched Threads page like twice in 3 minutes on Firefox earlier today. Had to turn off tracking (thus disabling ads) for now, because those redirects don't even allow you to use the Back button to go back where you were.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
Browser: Safari
iOS
Ad:
UpSKeD5_d.jpg

Gotten this guy four times. Also got a related Spanish language ad for Ford. I am in California.

Last edited:

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Am I the only person dealing with these intrusive ads? They're popping up every few seconds.

AAD81DD04F1341C68C8B.png

I keep reporting them, but nothing seems to be getting done about them. It's popped up 4 times while typing this message.

Once again I'm using Safari on iPhone.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry about the radio silence, I'll be sending an email to the ad company in the next few minutes

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
Browser: Safari
iOS
Ad:
UpSKeD5_d.jpg

Gotten this guy four times. Also got a related Spanish language ad for Ford. I am in California.
ixDpy6n.jpg

Still getting ads of this variety on most mobile site loads. They are for several different companies, but always Spanish language, always full-screen takeover. Same access info as before.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Not really a specific ad, but Chrome on Desktop ads.

Every time I load a new page, I have to wait for the page to adjust like... 5 times to sort out what the page size is from the ads. Anyway this could be changed to have the ads take up a fixed height?

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Is anyone else getting entire web page reloads when there's a particular ad swap? Of course, I can't tell which one it was because it reloaded the page.

I'm on iOS. Safari.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
FREE KEEP AMERICA GREAT HAT WITH YOUR DONATION! CLAIM YOURS!

Paid for by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee

FUCK
OFF
AND YOU SHOULDN'T BE ACCEPTING ADS FOR THIS SHIT

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything that can be done about the ad space resizing itself on desktop?

ReturnOfThaMack88

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2020
I'm on safari on my iPhone and every couple of minutes I get the exact same Ford AD in Spanish. It takes over the screen and I have to close it to continue browsing. It repeats probably every 2 minutes, extremely annoying.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Need a picture and the ad url. Makes it easier for them to remove it if I have those.

Oct 27, 2017
Got a warning Google chrome prevented a redirect to snabads . com while browsing here... plz remove. Should mention I'm on android latest version of chrome.

Last edited:

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on safari on my iPhone and every couple of minutes I get the exact same Ford AD in Spanish. It takes over the screen and I have to close it to continue browsing. It repeats probably every 2 minutes, extremely annoying.
Same. This ad keeps popping up but the frequency is a lot higher. Within 10-30sec it pops up again making the site unusable.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
RESTkPo.jpg

Got an ad for this looking at the ad for this, then got the same ad twice while typing this post.

ReturnOfThaMack88

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2020
yes that's the one.. has there been any acknowledgement that the staff here is aware of it? It's breaking the site at this point, makes it unusable.

Oct 25, 2017

I am getting this ad as well on iOS for the past week.
In addition to this, it covers the page in a PLEASE ROTATE DEVICE splash if you are in landscape and it super fucking annoying.

fuck you SoCal Ford Dealers.

Edit: just noticed the BDubs post above me.

We called the ad company and spoke to them about this. It should be taken care of soon.

Awesome. Good to hear.