• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Hahaha not that I was going to watch anyway buttttt yeah...

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean of course 1917 is going to sweep the technical awards.

Is this meant to be the social media managers predictions or? Because this seems a little suspect lol.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda feel like Parasite is doomed after seeing that from the official Twitter.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am fine with about 4 or 5 films winning but a Parasite win would really make me happy.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I mean of course 1917 is going to sweep the technical awards.

Is this meant to be the social media managers predictions or? Because this seems a little suspect lol.
Pretty sure it's tied to this tweet/social media campaign.

Looks like a chatbot that takes your predictions and spits them out in an image you can easily share across social media.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
this seems like a really stupid thing to tweet out...

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Best Picture goes to Parasite but absolute hack clinging to a gimmick for dear life Sam Mendes takes best director?

Sounds about right, actually...

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
original.jpg

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get the sound love for 1917 - there was way too much unnecessary score when they could have let the diegetic sound breathe.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
If voting is still open, then wouldn't an official Academy tweet of a list of "predictions" potentially skew the voting?

How long before it's taken down and an apology issued? Imagine you were nominated, but you aren't one of their predicted "winners"?

This seems like a very poor idea.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
So basically what the twitter person thinks people want to see win to try to garnish goodwill before the actual winners end up being the far more predictable choices.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
If voting is still open, then wouldn't an official Academy tweet of a list of "predictions" potentially skew the voting?

How long before it's taken down and an apology issued? Imagine you were nominated, but you aren't one of their predicted "winners"?

This seems like a very poor idea.
I think you greatly overestimate how many people will see this tweet.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Why would the organization holding the awards for voting be putting out predictions... isn't that messing with voter perception?

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I think you greatly overestimate how many people will see this tweet.
They have 3.4 million followers. It's a very bizarre thing to do.

They are supposed to at least give out the perception of impartiality, since y'know they are the ones giving out the awards...

Imagine your work has an Employee of the Month contest, and your boss tweets out who they think will win. It's weird.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I always find it icky when Best Picture and Best Director aren't awarded to the same movie.

ICKY

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
This years gonna be so scattershot, I don't see any movie winning two major awards other than Parasite for script and BP maybe. I guess last year was like that too.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Funny how that tweet doesn't show up on their timeline. Only other Twitter account I usually see doing that is Apple's.