• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What was your highlight moment from this year's Oscar ceremony?

• Spike Lee winning his first Oscar; leaping into Samuel L. Jackson's arms

• Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga's heartfelt rendition of Shallow

• Olivia Colman's genuine elation at winning the Best Actress Oscar

• Melissa McCarthy's bunny-laden dress as tribute to Queen Anne in The Favourite

• The online salt mill erupting upon Green Book taking home Best Picture

Results are only viewable after voting.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
42939618_Mcc0058686__picture_by_Geoff_Pugh_Bargain_hunters_wait_for_the_doors_to_open_at_the_John_Le_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq9TZ-zGNddiKpfG5LBMCn5izbnlw63KJm-SaZjr0sizM.jpg

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
I didn't watch BR but did they really downplay his homosexuality? Because fuck off with that if they did.

No. He comes out as gay halfway through the film and they go from there. People are upset because the movie was supposed to be a lot darker and more tragic than it was because Brian May didn't want Queen to be portrayed negatively. Therefore it became a very feel good movie and glanced over a lot of darker moments.

I found it a decent film but can understand why people don't like it.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't watch BR but did they really downplay his homosexuality? Because fuck off with that if they did.

No. They have him say he's bi and a character say he's wrong about that, he's just gay, which is pretty sketchy, and then every instance of expressing his queer sexuality happens to also be part of a fictional breaking up of the band and his descent into debauchery and tragedy.

It's really weird and not at all subtle. Another One Bites the Dust plays over him visiting a gay bar.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it's probably the best American movie this year but it's the opposite of Oscar bait

Oh, I know it isn't Oscar bait. I just mean that it should be, with it being one of the best American films this year.

And the Oscars have always overlooked great films, especially more artsy ones, but it has frustrated me more this year given what films received nominations.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Bohemian Rhapsody winning so much isn't helping my gut feeling that Spotlight winning was because of voters projecting about the abuse they knew about and didn't stop.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
C'mon, Olivia!

So happy to see how well she's done. Crazy to think the first thing I saw her in was Peep Show years ago.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Melissa McCarthy is actually really good in this. Pretty sure most of the Academy never saw it, though.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
I still remember seeing Rami in The Pacific stealing every single scene and thinking who the f is this guy?

Quite the career arc so far for him.