• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What was your highlight moment from this year's Oscar ceremony?

• Spike Lee winning his first Oscar; leaping into Samuel L. Jackson's arms

• Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga's heartfelt rendition of Shallow

• Olivia Colman's genuine elation at winning the Best Actress Oscar

• Melissa McCarthy's bunny-laden dress as tribute to Queen Anne in The Favourite

• The online salt mill erupting upon Green Book taking home Best Picture

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Trying deep breaths.

A nazi who the film spends quite a while humanizing is at the grocery with his kid and decides an innocent random black man was looking at his kid funny so he and his friend beat the shit out of the guy. Later a group of black men (friends of the victim) jump out of a van, kidnap the nazi, hold him captive for ten days, and tattoo his skin to be all black. He then goes home and is shot by his son who mistakes him for an intruder. It's clearly meant to be contemplative and deep but it just feels so clumsy and bizarre, right down to the white guy in tattooed black face with the super bright white teeth and the strangely chosen visuals of having a bunch of menacing black men jump out of a van to attack a white man.

It doesn't seem like it means to both sides like crazy but let's just say I'm not shocked that all the people behind it are white.
That is the most on-the-nose film school thing I've ever heard, good lord. I kinda want to see it now just to know.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
giphy.gif

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This dude is hella black.

this is better than I'd hoped and he Cooglered it.

Real Edit. Aww dang he's half asian like me. Now who feels guilty?

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Best score for BP? That pusher Feige hired way back is making a lot of money tonight. That score is generic as generic comes.