• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Korn's CA locations are... odd.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
It isn't about whether or not they've still existed or been putting out music -- it's about whether or not they've been relevant to the public. Foo Fighters have remained a band you'd hear on the radio, continued to win and be nominated for top Grammy awards, have had numerous #1 albums in the last decade, etc. There's never been a point where they weren't a highly respected or accepted band. Korn is a band most people would be embarrassed to admit they were a fan of -- their fandom had a time and a place. Faith No More are a total one hit wonder realistically and haven't been relevant in nearly 30 years.
Why would someone be embarrassed to like Korn? They were huge and kicked ass. I still listen to them regularly on SiriusXM.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of course the time that the Foos announce a tour that I may be able to attend, they choose to not come to Canada :<

Missed them last time they were here, and I was worried that could have been their last tour

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Hope foo fighters do some EU festivals again this year. They're absolutely brilliant

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Foo Fighters tour all the time and they fucking rock. Easily one of the best concerts I've been to.

Oct 28, 2017
I will never understand the hate that Korn gets.

I was obsessed as a teen, and still enjoy them as an adult, but their sound as a whole remains very niche and weird. Jonathan's angsty lyrics and subject matter also seems to defer a lot of people, especially as they be gotten older. Metal purists swear that KoRn ruined the genre by inspiring nu metal. People find them sorta silly, but I could defend their merit for days on end.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Why would someone be embarrassed to like Korn? They were huge and kicked ass.
Well, like I said, they were a band who for most people were a time and a place artist. Same with Limp Bizkit, Mudvayne, Staind, Papa Roach.. countless other bands who had a window of mainstream popularity that is firmly shut. The vast majority of the people who bought those CDs back in the early 2000s are not still listening to nu metal and would cringe at the thought of it. This will happen with plenty of from this era as well I'm sure.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Already seen Korn and FNM.

Who's opening for Foo Fighters? Hate when no info...and tix are already on sale

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
spoilers - any band from the 90s that had a hit song has likely been grinding for the last 20 + years

I have proof, the everclear, sponge, marcy's playground tour that hits my local 500 seat venue each year

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Well, like I said, they were a band who for most people were a time and a place artist. Same with Limp Bizkit, Mudvayne, Staind, Papa Roach.. countless other bands who had a window of mainstream popularity that is firmly shut. The vast majority of the people who bought those CDs back in the early 2000s are not still listening to nu metal and would cringe at the thought of it. This will happen with plenty of from this era as well I'm sure.
That is complete bullshit. There are entire channels either dedicated to it, or that have the genre in heavy rotation on Satellite radio, and they're highly popular.

And I doubt Korn will have any issue packing these arenas every night.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I will never understand the hate that Korn gets.
I think many people were into them when they were in middle-school/early high school years, and once they get older they feel a cringe of shame about the things they were really into from that period in their lives. When you're that age, you feel things with an intensity that feels embarrassing when you're older.