• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
I want something to play the SNES games on the switch comfortably (Not a fan of the joycons as they feel too loose), how is the SF30 Pro? Does it feel more like the SNES experience we know and love? How is the durability?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's my favorite controller to play anything retro or anything that's 2D on. Compared to the SNES controller that comes with the classic, it actually feels way better to me. The buttons are very satisfying and responsive, and battery life is pretty good. I've had mine for over a year and it still feels great.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted an alternative to the Pro Controller because it was too expensive for me at the time, so I picked up the Pro+ version months ago and have been satisfied with it even since then.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't speak for the regular SN30 Pro, but the SN30 Pro Plus is my favorite controller of all time. The D-Pad issues that 8bitdo had for awhile were ironed out. It's great for both 2D and 3D games.

They are absolutely fantastic for the SNES games on the Switch.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Easily. It's become my main controller for almost all games that I use a controller for on pc and my main Mario Maker 2 controller on Switch. It's great.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Busted my new controller out today and it's pretty damn amazing so far.

I'm buying a Pro+ over the weekend now.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I can't speak for the regular SN30 Pro, but the SN30 Pro Plus is my favorite controller of all time. The D-Pad issues that 8bitdo had for awhile were ironed out. It's great for both 2D and 3D games.

Seconded. Pro Plus is my favorite controller ever. Have two!

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Not sure if it's my favorite controller but the Pro Plus definitely up there. And it has native PC support too!

Oct 27, 2017
It's a great controller, only problem I ever had was the d-pad, but that was fixed with a screw driver, some tape and 30 minutes

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love my SN30 Pro. Sold my pro controller for multiple reasons (terrible dpad, massive to travel with, NEEDS a case in a bag since every button press will turn it on and drain the battery in your bag, etc)

If you play a lot of d-pad reliant games, don't mind the sticks not being offset, need a controller that works on PC/mac/mobile, need something small and portable, def get it. I've seen some people mention the dpad isn't too reliable, but I'm thinking that could be an early batch that was fixed later, as I haven't had a problem with it.

If you find yourself wishing you had grips, you can opt for the SN30 Pro Plus (also has extra features like macros, trigger tuning, etc).

There were a few bugs when using it with Switch but those have all been patched with updates (be sure to get the controller update firmware from their website)

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Pro Plus is the best controller available for the Switch, and is second only to the Xbone Elite controller. It's so fucking comfortable

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have the og version without the handles and I love that, people seem to like the Pro version as well. Definitely worth it.