• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
6111RxLj90L._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

bloody-disgusting.com

SYFY Horror Movie ‘Bring It On: Cheer or Die’ Rated PG-13 for Violence

Yes, THAT Bring It On franchise is getting its own horror movie with SYFY’s Bring It On: Cheer or Die, the franchise’s seventh installment and its first non-comedy movie. Bring It On: Cheer or Die is produced by Universal 1440 Entertainment, and it’s expected to debut on SYFY in Fall 2022. The...

This is one of my favorite games to play on my discord

kowhite

May 14, 2019
There's 6 Wrong Turn movies.

That latest D+ Home Alone movie is actually part 6.

Don't get me started on how many American Pie movies there are.

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing will ever touch The Land Before Time series. There are 14 of those things.

Gaucho Power

alt account
Banned
Feb 10, 2021
Sniper. Never seen single one of these but they keep popping up on different streaming services.
1.1 Sniper (1993)
1.2 Sniper 2 (2002)
1.3 Sniper 3 (2004)
1.4 Sniper: Reloaded (2011)
1.5 Sniper: Legacy (2014)
1.6 Sniper: Ghost Shooter (2016)
1.7 Sniper: Ultimate Kill (2017)
1.8 Sniper: Assassin's End (2020)
1.9 Sniper: Rogue Mission (2022)

I think there is also more then five American Pie movies.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Bring It On is back. I think they used to release every other year at some point and then it stopped so I thought the franchise was dead.

Direct to video franchises are so strange. A lot have a "so bad it's good" feel to them that I think is really funny.

It was already mentioned in this thread but Land Before Time is definitely the franchise I think of when I see a topic like this

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Air Bud spawned a litter of sequels that have strayed so far from the original movie premise they're sequels in name only.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Land Before Time is crazy but makes sense, since I figured parents just bought the new one for their kids each year. And if kids get into there's a ton more in the back catalogue.

Scorpion King is the most baffling to me, as it's the spin off of a reboot that didn't seem particularly popular to begin with (Scorpion King the movie didn't seem popular, the Mummy reboot was)? And it (obviously) doesn't star the Rock anymore. Who's buying it?

Also, I'm pretty sure Starship Troopers had both a TV show and a bunch of films that no one ever talks about.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Wrong turn a horror movie from 2003 has 6 other movies after it. The image below only has the first 6 together.
2014-dvd-mvp-films-english-wrong-turn-1-to-6-6-movies-in-english-original-imafw5gajnjtnygk.jpeg

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
Dragonheart has 4 sequels. With the most recent coming out in 2020 with Helena Bonham Carter as the dragon's voice.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Crazy part of this is that the numbered sequels were direct to video until they made The Return, which was a theatrical sequel (and ignored the 2 other sequels) and then... Regeneration and Day of Reckoning both went D2V as well. It's like some funky ass Universal Soldier split timeline multiverse crap going on. I'm amazed Cyborg didn't do the same and just stopped at the 2 shitty D2V sequels.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Land Before Time is crazy but makes sense, since I figured parents just bought the new one for their kids each year. And if kids get into there's a ton more in the back catalogue.

Scorpion King is the most baffling to me, as it's the spin off of a reboot that didn't seem particularly popular to begin with (Scorpion King the movie didn't seem popular, the Mummy reboot was)? And it (obviously) doesn't star the Rock anymore. Who's buying it?

Also, I'm pretty sure Starship Troopers had both a TV show and a bunch of films that no one ever talks about.
Starship Troopers cartoon is still amazing writing, the animation is dated as fuck

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno, but what I do know is that

I'm sexy, I'm cute, I'm popular to boot
I'm bitchin', great hair, the boys all love to stare

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
the Death Race remake received i think 3 DTV sequels.

One of which was released like 3 years ago.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Ain't nothing touching Amityville Horror which currently has 37 movies on the wiki.