• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there some sort of eligibility reason behind My Brilliant Friend being snubbed? That show was a masterpiece and I need to believe there's more to it than a moronic oversight.

Oct 28, 2017
It's such bullshit that Rhea Seehorn isn't nominated. Like c'mon, do we need 4 Game of Thrones actresses there?
It's almost criminal.
Stephen Dorff was robbed of a nom

together.gif
Absolutely. He was excellent in the role.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
No nominations for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend?? That show went out on a very high note, shame that it didn't get nominated for anything. The Good Place deserved more nominations too.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Looks to me like the Comedy ones boil down to Fleabag vs. Maisel vs. It's The Last Year Where We Can Give Something To Veep.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
it would be so awesome if Schitt's Creek sweeped it, but isn't Veep a guaranteed win since it's the last season?

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I demand that if Kit Harington wins he opens his speech with "I don't want it".

I also realize that I totally forgot to watch True Detective S3.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Bill Hader is definitely getting up on that stage at some point on Emmy night.

Anthony Carrigan would be a great winner for best supporting, but so would Henry Winkler and Stephen Root. Fuck that show has a great cast.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Stephen Dorff not being nominated is bullshit. He was incredible in True Detective and more than worthy of a win let alone a nom.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
it would be so awesome if Schitt's Creek sweeped it, but isn't Veep a guaranteed win since it's the last season?

IMO not necessarily. 30 Rock didn't sweep its last year and even lost to Modern Family for comedy. Its finale did get a writing win though. That said, it had been years since 30 Rock won, and Veep was only gone for a year. Veep could still get the Emmy though I can see them giving the Comedy win to Mrs. Maisel, and the actress and writing award to Veep (since JLD is also a producer on the show, and David Mandel is the one up for writing IIRC).

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Kit Harrington was the lead in GOT season 8 ? All he did was basically just knifing someone. Dinklage was more lead than him this season...

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
This is for season 4 or 5 of schitt's creek?
Noah and Emily should've gotten at least a nom for 5

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
HBO paying the big bucks for the Emmy nods. some of those actors barely had any lines in the final season

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I swear some of those Game of Thrones nominations have to be lifetime achievement awards, right?

I mean, in no way did Kit Harington, Alfie Allen, Carice van Houten, Lena Headey or Gwendoline Christie deliver anywhere close to Emmy-nominated performances this season. I mean, they were hardly even in it, or in the case of Kit Harington basically just repeated two lines the entire season. At least they didn't nominate Bran's actor, I guess.