• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raziel

Alt Account
Banned
May 28, 2019
I have been in many of them. And no, they aren't. Paris being nr 1. Seriously? London nr 3?

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
This lost is pretty stupid, it reads like a well known big city list, not most beautiful.

Berlin representing germany for example ... seriously? Trier, Heidelberg, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Lübeck etc. are all beautiful cities, Berlin is awesome but not really beautiful.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Control F Lisbon

Way to low. (I'd put it over every city in the top 5 I've visisted, which is all but Vancouver. London should drop out of this list at the speed of light, dreary as fuck)

I adore Paris though, definitely a top 3 for me.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
A very underrated Italian city is Meran. It looks like a fantasy theme park immersed in nature. I was really impressed and surprised when I visited it.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thats a weird ass list and Ive lived in the top two cities, Paris is dirty and bland and New York is charming and vibrant but also a bit of a shithole. Also, SF? What?

I love Tokyo and Barcelona, however even within Japan I think Kyoto is more impressive, maybe even Osaka. Tons of lesser known Mexican cities are way above, you know, San Jose.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Seattle?
101811400-186607494.jpg
Seattle got robbed

Jack Bonjour

Jan 15, 2018
I've been to 12 of those cities (born, raised and still living in no. 42) and I feel that they went for the largest cities in each country instead of the most beautiful ones.

Because let's be honest, saying that Berlin or Madrid(!!!) are more beautiful than Donostia is absolutely mental.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
What kind of trash list is this? lmao

It's super shallow.. like taking some of the most wellknown cities in the world and just sorting them by the reputation they have.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
I knew Paris would be number 1 before opening the thread just because.
Paris was the most disappointing city I've ever visited. Not only was it crowded, dirty and busy but the city itself was just meh. I would visit all the landmarks and be the Champs-Élysées and it would be underwhelming. It looks like all those beautiful postcards but being there in person is completely different.

Also NYC? What? I think it's a great and vibrant city but " beautiful" and in second place,? hmm
London, though, was a city I pleasantly enjoyed.
Sounds like you had Paris syndrome. I've been to Paris and it was absolutely beautiful. Such an amazing city.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Sorry but that list is just terrible.

I've not been to the US but the european picks are so wrong.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Zurich is so far from the most beautiful city in Switzerland that it's laughable. And that comes from someone who likes Zurich.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a German I had to laugh when I saw Berlin as the only German mention. Among us it is widely regarded as a rather ugly, filthy German city.

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
Not so sure about Lisbon and Rio.

The nature in Rio is amazingly beautiful, but the city itself is awful, especially if you leave the richer zones. From Brazil, I think Curitiba or Florianópolis (especially the nature) are more beautiful.

Lisbon is great, but there's lots of buildings that desesperately need some maintenance, also there's too many 70-90's buildings outside of the historic centre that are awful.

Chicago is amazing.

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This list is bullshit lol no Porto, Seville... hell most Italian/Spanish/French cities could be on that top ten easily.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I like Paris just fine, but it's miles away from being the most beautiful city in France.

Same goes for London. Yes, it has strata of history, great architecture etc., but it's also a very ugly place from a lot of angles. I like London a lot, but I can think of several UK cities I'd say are easily more beautiful.

Oct 28, 2017
Berlin is an interesting city, but beautiful? Nah

Weird list anyway. If it was only capitals, it would be one thing. But Bruges and Bergen are in there instead of Brussels and Oslo, so there's no reason not to go for actually beautiful cities instead of Berlin or Paris.
Just drop the capitals. Why choose Rome if you can choose Siena?

Oct 26, 2017
I love Tokyo with all my heart but it's not pretty. Kyoto is better, but mostly just around the edges. I found Hiroshima better looking, especially if you include Miyajima. Kobe was also quite gorgerous.

No Stockholm?

I also found Bruges a little disappointing. Ghent was better.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
21? way too high. it's a nice city but it is so completely bland compared to some of the actual most beautiful cities around.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Basically every city on this list I've been to - London, Berlin, Chicago and Paris - don't belong here. Dubrovnik is acceptable, Edinburgh is well deserved.

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No Florence?
lol.
Venice\Paris are definitely worth a slot, but nowhere near the top10.
SF? Athens? wtf?

Madrid is also a terrible pick. There's a thousand better looking cities in spain - Granada, for example.

Oct 31, 2017
The centre of London definitely is, the views across the river from any of the bridges are great

Most cities have some nice views or attractive vistas. The thing is though, London overall is a mess of clashing architectural styles and ugly, dirty buildings. There are many things to love about London, but it's beauty isn't one of them.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Paris? I mean, sure, if they clean it. Maybe.
Amsterdam?.. Has its charme but it's also kinda dirty.
NewYork beautiful?

Florence should be on that list, i agree with posters here.

I dunno man. Is this list made by a person who just IMAGINED these cities or by people who actually went there?

Last edited: