• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Behold, the last Wii U game

0e35fc25f09f3e64b222324e243d63ed.png

themadswagger

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The tab will return, we still have Atooi Collection and Silver Falls confirmed, and probably more. The tab probably disappeared as an option automatically because Nintendo currently doesn't have any future 3DS titles listed on their website.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
This system took it's damn time to die now didn't it? Despite its hardware limitations and droughts, absolutely loved the 3DS. Definitely had the best Nintendo content since the Gamecube in my eyes until the Switch came out. But yeah, it's time to just stop Nintendo.

OP
OP
Spork4000

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A better display alone would've gone a long way. The New 3DS was a step in the right direction.
Yeah, I really think the system would have been better if it never had 3D and instead dropped in a higher resolution screen. The New 3ds definitely had the power for it, rendering every image twice was a bit though.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I loved my 3ds. Got one in 2013 and I loved the hell out of it every day until the Switch release. heck looking at my play log across the years I actually spent more and more time with it every single year haha. Only fell off when the Switch dropped. RIP little buddy you were a great system

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
are no more 3ds games coming? I know it's been sunsetting over the last year or so but I thought some third party titles would still sneak into next year.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Nintendo could have made more New 3DS games outside Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for the system's final lifecycle.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
12 more games to complete my collection. I remember when all I had was a second-hand LL and a used copy of Moon. Now, three systems later and a modest 20+ collection of my absolute favourite titles, I have had so much fun with it. Just 12 more games and my goal is complete. Fantastic system with a great run and library.

Oct 25, 2017
Good night, sweet prince. Great console, I'd still buy games for it tbh but totally happy to see devs focused on switch too.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
3DS and DS had great games but I'm happy no development will be wasted for 400x240 games any more.

Switch Lite is the true 3DS successor.

Will we ever get a dual screen device again? Doubt it but only time will tell. By the time the get back to the concept it would make more sense to have a rotatable screen imo than two separate screens.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
3DS and DS had great games but I'm happy no development will be wasted for 400x240 games any more.

Switch Lite is the true 3DS successor.

Will we ever get a dual screen device again? Doubt it but only time will tell. By the time the get back to the concept it would make more sense to have a rotatable screen imo than two separate screens.
Such a true 3DS successor that the 3DS games from the 3DS-centric devs aren't on Switch at ALL

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the 3DS and Wii U were Nintendo's weakest systems for a lot of reasons. The first party titles felt like they were lacking imagination compared to their Wii/DS output (with a few notable exceptions - A Link Between Worlds being one) and the region lock on the 3DS really annoyed me.

But it's hard to deny the 3DS had some top shelf third party games that drew me in. Ace Attorney and Persona Q, plus backwards compatibility with original DS games made owning one a no-brainer.

I'm just glad we're past that era. Nintendo Switch is far and away the best system Nintendo has ever made and I'm not running out of quality titles to play on it.

Mar 27, 2018
I got a 3DS XL Christmas 2013 and I've beaten the crap out of it, played 400+ hours of at least 4 different games, and it hasn't failed me yet. However the touchscreen is pretty beat up, and the top lid very scratched.

I got a Switch at launch and yet.. over the past couple weeks I've been looking at those Black Friday $99 Super Mario New 3DSes (from a couple years ago). They came with very specific faceplates.

I finally pulled the trigger, and also got my favorite faceplates, used, from this Japanese import website I took a chance on from Google.

I got the system for $110 and it came basically untouched. It had the kid's Mii on there and they played exactly 11 minutes of Lego Avengers. Nothing else. Hoping to keep it really nice just for future compatibility. The Switch is undoubtedly the future, but emulators arent great for playing most 3DS or DS games. It's such a huge library.

It just feels better with the two physical screens, all the controls right there. Such a unique form factor. Maybe a Surface Duo with a JoyCon grip could do it better, but that's a big if.

Anyways, here's my like new New 3DS
qopc8SW.jpg
333Ndk7.jpg

And I ordered a mint dock 🥳

Last edited: