• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
From Dom's Discord:
in order to get retroarch retail you must fill out https://forms.gle/WCqB1fMXhsGx1MzU8 by 8PM GMT Friday everyone who fills out the form will get Retroarch on retail for free this will be the last time Retroarch will be available on retail for free for a while as I don't have the time to really operate a giveaway like last time anyone who had retroarch on retail in the past has been automatically whitelisted too.

once whitelisted: Just enter the code G64V4-DWHR2-PFCKM-FW62W-MX29Z on your xbox
or go to the following url with the account you used for the email:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=532540&mstoken=G64V4-DWHR2-PFCKM-FW62W-MX29Z

then on your console whilst on your console open edge and goto the following page and select retroarch:
https://tunip3.github.io/wowee

I have added a separate ppsspp with Dom's custom store:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=532540&mstoken=CJRHH-23G7K-FY9WP-RXH6P-6D3RZ(edited)
CJRHH-23G7K-FY9WP-RXH6P-6D3RZ

Is the white listing per account or per console?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the white listing per account or per console?
Per account. You fill in your email associated with your account on the form so they can white list it. Keep in mind, it's only one person doing it, so you have to be patient and pay attention to the announcements in Dom's Discord when T3 whitelists more people. Afterwards you can see if your were among those whitelisted by trying to see if your account can successfully redeem the code.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
This is cool but Retail Retroarch should always be on the store, it can really only end with 100% positive PR as I see it, it's the best feature on the console imo. But I fear MS will try to kill it and it'll be another P.T scenario. :/

(Sidenote: Just got my janky Unity game running on XSX dev mode, controller doesn't work yet so I can only sit on the title screen but this still feels unreal.)

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this thread.... what's the TLDR? Is this going away? Should I take certain steps now?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is retail mode method? That sounds even easier. Doesn't seem like MS would allow casual emulation on their console.
Dom's Discord Server
From Dom's Discord:
in order to get retroarch retail you must fill out https://forms.gle/WCqB1fMXhsGx1MzU8 by 8PM GMT Friday everyone who fills out the form will get Retroarch on retail for free this will be the last time Retroarch will be available on retail for free for a while as I don't have the time to really operate a giveaway like last time anyone who had retroarch on retail in the past has been automatically whitelisted too.

once whitelisted: Just enter the code G64V4-DWHR2-PFCKM-FW62W-MX29Z on your xbox
or go to the following url with the account you used for the email:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=532540&mstoken=G64V4-DWHR2-PFCKM-FW62W-MX29Z

then on your console whilst on your console open edge and goto the following page and select retroarch:
https://tunip3.github.io/wowee

I have added a separate ppsspp with Dom's custom store:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=532540&mstoken=CJRHH-23G7K-FY9WP-RXH6P-6D3RZ(edited)
CJRHH-23G7K-FY9WP-RXH6P-6D3RZ

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
got in! any guides on how to transfer my ripped games to the console? all i saw on the discord was to buy a file manager app (which i did) but not much else

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Any else find that their series X runs shittier after using this?

It locks up and has to full restart more often, even when I try and quick resume regular games like Doom now sometimes it just goes black and have to shut everything down.

DarkCloud12X

Oct 27, 2017
Tried the new mupen64 core after update and it ran fine on my end. Tested Mario 64 and OoT. Xbox Series X. I did not test it before the update however if that makes a difference to some. So there were no cfg files made for the prior core.

Have managed to get all bioses transferred over and cores tested. Gamecube loads to a black screen so I just need to change the video driver for that one. Everything else fires up and runs faster than my pc with the exception of Dreamcast as I can't figure out how to load gdi images in flycast. Will experiment more with that later. Gotta go mingle with the family (6 feet safe distance lol).

Happy Turkey day everyone.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Got white listed and I'm installing Retroarch now. How does PPSSPP run on the base Xbone? Thinking of toying around with a couple of my PSP games if they run well

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
samred the mupen64 core has been updated. Update and give it another shot.

online updater -> update core info files? I did that and am still running into stuttering issues. additionally, controls are acting really weird in some games, particularly racers; I can't accelerate in either F-Zero X or Excitebike 64 (the latter of which still stutters noticeably, as well). when holding down A in both of those games, no acceleration is sent to my car/bike, and steering doesn't work. if I let go, I can steer again. any ideas?

oh, and I updated EVERY option in the "online updater" and still have the generic UI, not the typical PS3-like UI, so I'm clearly doing something wrong here.......

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
online updater -> update core info files? I did that and am still running into stuttering issues. additionally, controls are acting really weird in some games, particularly racers; I can't accelerate in either F-Zero X or Excitebike 64 (the latter of which still stutters noticeably, as well). when holding down A in both of those games, no acceleration is sent to my car/bike, and steering doesn't work. if I let go, I can steer again. any ideas?

oh, and I updated EVERY option in the "online updater" and still have the generic UI, not the typical PS3-like UI, so I'm clearly doing something wrong here.......

if its anything like the pc retroarch, even after updating the assets you need to change the GUI in the options to get the PS3 looking one. i think its under driver for some reason
it used to be the default view, but they changed it

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everything else fires up and runs faster than my pc with the exception of Dreamcast as I can't figure out how to load gdi images in flycast. Will experiment more with that later.
You have to convert them to .CHD for it to play on flycast in Retroarch.

This is the link I used to successfully do it.
Convert bin files, gdi files and cue files to CHD files for use with Launchbox / Retroarch (Saturn, Playstation, Dreamcast) – scunster.co.uk

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020

To get the xmb UI you have to do to Drivers>Menu and select xmb.

*edit* I'll test these and see what happens.

I've tried it today after the update and it plays everything in Black with blocky colors. I think it's only affecting Xbox One players and I'm trying this on Xbox One X.
Weird. I'm on XSX and so far the only issue I have with N64 is that sometimes some 2D assets have black lines going through them in a large square pattern.

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
I give up.

Managed to (after 3 hours due to lack of good instructions) get my rip of Rhythm Heaven Fever running and couldn't get the controller to work. Went into the Input Settings but apparently did something wrong because Retroarch considered decided that none of my Xbox Controller buttons was mapped to Confirm anymore, so I literally couldn't re-change the mapping. Well, I tried!

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, Xbox is sold out everywhere, too? I thought maybe it was just PS5... This thread has me hunting.

I'm sorry, as someone who doesn't have an Xbox and am unfamiliar with the Xbox ecosystem, what is the difference between retail and dev mode? Does retail mode allow you to run Retroarch without switching console modes or something?

pretty much that, yeah

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, Xbox is sold out everywhere, too? I thought maybe it was just PS5... This thread has me hunting.

I'm sorry, as someone who doesn't have an Xbox and am unfamiliar with the Xbox ecosystem, what is the difference between retail and dev mode? Does retail mode allow you to run Retroarch without switching console modes or something?
Yes. Retail Retroarch allows you to use it normally on Xbox, without having to buy a dev account and switching your Xbox to dev mode to use it.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they can clean the PCSX2 emulator up a bit, a bit of messing around is needed to get the game to display full screen and when you do you can get RA's in game menu to appear anymore
The PS2 Emu community seems to have finally started to get it's shit together and away from the drama, so we can only hope it improves more.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Just tried Ico on my Series X (can't even comprehend this sentence). Performance-wise it's fine, but cutscenes were a little hitchy. It also appears to be running in a small window. But man it is impressive nonetheless.
Seeing my PS5 just turned off underneath the TV with the Series X playing PS2 games is a weird feeling, lol.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
thanks for this (identical mild glitching at the opening for me). WHY IN THE WORLD is my controller being so weird with this, then?!
Not sure what it could be. Go to input> port 1 controls and make sure device type is set to RetroPad or reset to default controls and see if that solves your issue. Also, Excitebike does have some frame stuttering issues. So fat of the ones I've tested (Majora's, Golden Eye, F-Zero and Excitebike) that's the only one that has a significant issue that affect the gameplay. I will try at lower resolution later.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
When I switched to the XMB theme, my icons are transparent instead of white. I updated assets and they still aren't white like I see in pictures and videos of the XMB theme running. Any idea why?

Oct 28, 2020
Pretty damn cool being able to switch from Halo to Persona 3 and then onto Mario Kart Double Dash all on one console. All running great so far!

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
I tried to install retroarch on my shield tv and got confused. I want to try this on my XSX but I'll wait until there is dummy proof walk through

Status
Not open for further replies.