• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Ah FML, got it up and running tried to set up the controller input and some how fucked it up so I don't have a select button... don't know how to fix it my god.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been using the retail PSP emulator on my Xbox One X and playing Def Jam: King of NY: The Takeover and having a great time. LOL

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
For somo reason i can't make Dolphin or PSP works on retroarch, I get a black screen always. With the PSP retail emulator it works.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Ah FML, got it up and running tried to set up the controller input and some how fucked it up so I don't have a select button... don't know how to fix it my god.
Lol seems like there are still some kinks to work out. I'm definitely interested in doing this but I'll let it mature a bit first

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
I've redeemed the new link on the discord server but when I go to the GitHub URL it says it's currently unavailable? Am I missing something obvious?

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Wait, are there specific instructions other than just getting the UWP from libretro? Had everything working fine on my SX.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Does everything else work for you on retroarch besides Dolphin and PSP?

I have tried PSP, Dolphin, PCSX2 and GBA. PSP and Dolphin doesn't work, on PC those two doesn't need bios, i don't know if here in retroarch they need a bios or something. PCSX2 needs a bios that i have tried to install without any luck. And GBA works perfectly. All this is using an external HDD maybe you need the games in the internal memory, but i don't know how to do that.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep running at x5 resolution on a Series S using the retail PPSSPP app:

Did the whitelist stuff yesterday, saya the code was already redeemed though?

There's a new code for Retroarch:
DW2JK-9JK9D-43P39-KGMD9-4RM4Z

And for PPSSPP:
JYFKT-F3FYH-RRRWQ-P69HY-7T9FZ

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
Own a base Xbox One at the moment, I'm guessing it wouldn't be possible to migrate retail RetroArch onto a hard drive and install it on a Series S/X down the line, right?

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
if you setup Dolkphin to 30% cpu something it runs better. Have to run it on base resolution sadly.

This is perfect

Deleted member 5956

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That compatibility list is incredibly outdated. As soon that is super passionate about emulation, Wii U is perfectly emulated on PCs right now.

I can run all the games i own at 60FPS and 4K using graphic packs.

We won't even have perfect SNES emulation until the recently decapped PPU chips are investigated, but sure a vastly more complex piece of hardware like the Wii U is perfectly emulated already.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Well, if anyone is interested you can have Retroarch on Retail without entering the dev mode, you have to follow this steps before 8PM GMT Wednesday:

"@everyone in order to get retroarch retail you must fill out https://forms.gle/WCqB1fMXhsGx1MzU8 by 8PM GMT Wednesday everyone who fills out the form will get Retroarch on retail for free this will be the last time Retroarch will be available on retail for free for a while as I don't have the time to really operate a giveaway like last time.

Anyone who had retroarch on retail in the past has been automatically whitelisted too once whitelisted: Just enter the code TCDHW-9TWDD-H379D-9VWV2-HF2YZ on your xbox or go to the following url with the account you used for the email:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=532540&mstoken=TCDHW-9TWDD-H379D-9VWV2-HF2YZ

Then on your console whilst on your console open edge and goto the following page and select retroarch:
https://tunip3.github.io/wowee"
I've filled this in, I really hope being 1 minute late to discover that post isn't too much!

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to get Retroarch and the PPSSPP downloaded to my XSX. Is there a guide available on how to set up Retroarch on Xbox? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
I was able to get Retroarch and the PPSSPP downloaded to my XSX. Is there a guide available on how to set up Retroarch on Xbox? Sorry if this has already been discussed.
Not quite, it's a bit haphazard at the moment.

If you follow Retroarch's documentation you'll have an idea of how everything works. Use an app called "My Files Explorer" (it's paid, use the trial for now) to gain access to the other package folders on the Q: drive. From there you can muck around.

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
We won't even have perfect SNES emulation until the recently decapped PPU chips are investigated, but sure a vastly more complex piece of hardware like the Wii U is perfectly emulated already.

Of course if we are talking about the emulation being accurate that's a different story, but that applies to pratically every console.

Cemu does run most games perfectly, with a bunch of graphic packs to increase the framerate, resolution, and other things.

It's difficult to argue the unarguable because i use it myself.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Got in on retail Retroarch! Tried a few random games, this is rad a hell!! Are there any tutorials out there for fine-tuning the settings on Xbox?

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
I have tried PSP, Dolphin, PCSX2 and GBA. PSP and Dolphin doesn't work, on PC those two doesn't need bios, i don't know if here in retroarch they need a bios or something. PCSX2 needs a bios that i have tried to install without any luck. And GBA works perfectly. All this is using an external HDD maybe you need the games in the internal memory, but i don't know how to do that.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep running at x5 resolution on a Series S using the retail PPSSPP app:

There's a new code for Retroarch:
DW2JK-9JK9D-43P39-KGMD9-4RM4Z

And for PPSSPP:
JYFKT-F3FYH-RRRWQ-P69HY-7T9FZ

Dolphin does work. I just booted Twin Snakes and ran just fine on XSX

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty awful for most of the cores, I won't lie. That's why I wasn't too keen on running Retroarch much when it was made available a year or so lol

What cores were you looking to try?

None specifically, just wondering haha. I use my PS Classic for retro stuff all the way up to PS1, and then I use my PC for Saturn, N64, PS2 and Wii. I guess I will try again once I get a Series S/X, hopefully I'll be able to redownload the retail version of the app by then.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
None specifically, just wondering haha. I use my PS Classic for retro stuff all the way up to PS1, and then I use my PC for Saturn, N64, PS2 and Wii. I guess I will try again once I get a Series S/X, hopefully I'll be able to redownload the retail version of the app by then.
So PS2 emulation is going to be introduced into Retroarch this December, and the one we have here is a build of the current PCSX2 Core repo for Retroarch. It still needs work but prelim tests on my Series X have been surprisingly decent! It needs work to fix resolution issues and stuttering. WiiGC emulation is kinda in the same hole but better, depends on the title.

N64 emulation was working but it got broke recently. Should be fixed soon. PSx stuff should work just fine last I checked (but forget about accuracy lol). I don't have any Saturn games so I couldn't check those out.

It's early days for this but I reckon it'll be made pretty useable sooner than expected! I think this will stick around for far longer than a lot of us think too.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
So PS2 emulation is going to be introduced into Retroarch this December, and the one we have here is a build of the current PCSX2 Core repo for Retroarch. It still needs work but prelim tests on my Series X have been surprisingly decent! It needs work to fix resolution issues and stuttering. WiiGC emulation is kinda in the same hole but better, depends on the title.

N64 emulation was working but it got broke recently. Should be fixed soon. PSx stuff should work just fine last I checked (but forget about accuracy lol). I don't have any Saturn games so I couldn't check those out.

It's early days for this but I reckon it'll be made pretty useable sooner than expected! I think this will stick around for far longer than a lot of us think too.
apparently N64 works with ogl

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Lol seems like there are still some kinks to work out. I'm definitely interested in doing this but I'll let it mature a bit first
I uninstalled and reinstalled and I guess I'll just never try doing that again hahahaha.

I'm having trouble getting the PS2 stuff actually working and it crashes or makes me hard reboot the series X each time cause the application locks up totally so I'll probably set this aside for some time down the line when there are guides written for it to make it go smoothly.

Obviously smarter more industrious people have it up and working but it's definitely a few steps above ease of use for me at the moment.

UltraInstinct

Nov 19, 2017
Is there a way to change the internal rendering resolution on this for PS1 emulation? Using a base Xbox One, probably not ideal to use for this but wondered if it's something I could do?

Status
Not open for further replies.