• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Wow.

This is legitimately awesome. I never thought someone would pull it off, ESPECIALLY because of how difficult H2 is on LASO.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Just checked moist guys twitter to see if he commented, it was his birthday LOL happy birthday pay up the 20k bud

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Well god damn - GG. The bounty is finally dead, and congrats to the winner.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What does LASO stand for?

Legendary All Skulls On

Legendary All Skulls On.

I think its Legendary All Skulls run. So legendary difficulty with all of the modifiers (i.e. skulls) that make the game even harder. I'm not sure what the O stands for.

Legendary All Skulls On

Legendary All Skulls On, so you're accurate with what you stated.
Legendary All Skulls On

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Gotta be one of the best gaming feats of all time. Probably harder than most world records even. Congrats to him.

Mad Gamer 64

Nov 6, 2017
I thought this would take months if not years, goddamn. I think I made it 2-3 levels into my LASO run back in the day, so props to them for getting it deathless somehow.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Can someone give a quick rundown of why this particular Halo campaign is considered such an accomplishment, even across all gaming as seems to be indicated here? Is it just making it through nonstop BS?

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Can someone give a quick rundown of why this particular Halo campaign is considered such an accomplishment, even across all gaming as seems to be indicated here? Is it just making it through nonstop BS?
Legendary on Halo 2 is very difficult because of sniper enemies that can one shot you from far enough that you can barely see them. LASO is even harder because it introduces things like limited ammunition, larger explosions etc. Doing all that without dying is a nigh on unattainable feat.

For comparison, my MCC LASO run of Halo 2 took me ~30 hours, with several hundred deaths - it took him ~7 hours and 0 deaths.

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
What does LASO stand for?

Everyone have already answered that it means Legendary All Skulls On, taking into account that Lengendary Halo 2 without skulls is already hard as hell, here's the detail of which skulls (modifiers) should be on:

Halo 2:
  • Anger - Enemies fire their weapons faster and more frequently.
  • Assassins - All enemies in the game are permanently cloaked.
  • Black Eye - Your shields only recharge when you melee enemies.
  • Blind - HUD and weapon do not display onscreen.
  • Catch - Enemies throw and drop more grenades.
  • Ghost - AI do not flinch from any attacks.
  • Famine - Weapons dropped by AI have half the ammo they normally would.
  • Iron - Dying in co-op resets you at your last saved checkpoint. Dying solo restarts the level.
  • Mythic - Enemies have increased health.
  • That's Just…Wrong - Increases enemy awareness of player.
  • Thunderstorm - Upgrades the rank of most enemies.
  • Sputnik - Reduces the mass of objects, making them fly farther from impacts and explosions.
  • IWHBYD - Rare combat dialogue becomes more common.

So yeah this is pretty insane

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Charlie put up a YT video showing a bunch of this guy's deaths, and showing the pain lol.

Congrats to him though. This is seriously hard.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017

You know that famous image of call of duty WAW on veteran that's just a complete circle of grenade icons and how everyone knows exactly how bullshit that difficulty on that game is? Halo 2 LASO makes that image/game look downright FAIR and nice to player by comparison.

Oct 30, 2017
I followed along with this for a bit. Seems like Gravemind remained the biggest hurdle and then things were pretty gravy afterwards.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
Legendary All Skulls On

Legendary All Skulls On.

I think its Legendary All Skulls run. So legendary difficulty with all of the modifiers (i.e. skulls) that make the game even harder. I'm not sure what the O stands for.

Legendary All Skulls On

Legendary All Skulls On

Everyone have already answered that it means Legendary All Skulls On, taking into account that Lengendary Halo 2 without skulls is already hard as hell, here's the detail of which skulls (modifiers) should be on:

Halo 2:
  • Iron - Dying in co-op resets you at your last saved checkpoint. Dying solo restarts the level.
  • Sputnik - Reduces the mass of objects, making them fly farther from impacts and explosions.

lol thanks all of you, I knew it had something to do with the skulls, and thanks Ifrit for the details

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017

Halo 2:

LOL. This is crazy.