• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

?

• Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Votes: 1,044 65.5%
  • Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit

Votes: 112 7.0%
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe

Votes: 413 25.9%
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Votes: 843 52.9%
  • none of the above

Votes: 349 21.9%

• Total voters

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. I've only bought Streets of Rage 4 for the Switch this year. Nintendo needs to work harder
Dropping a new canon-Zelda title just like that out of nowhere isn't considered hard enough?

Even if I don't get Super Mario 3D All-Stars or any of the other ports for that matter, I'm definitly checking out AoC since hearing that the Zelda team had been working extensively on this with Koei-Temco and the footage already showing some promising performance is a good way to tide over until BotW sequel.

Eren Jäger

Jul 19, 2020
Mario and Hyrule Warriors. I'm really hyped for Age of Calamity and curious for Mario 3D All Stars because it has been 10 years since the last time I played these games. Have no interest in Pikmin 3, already played on the Wii U and Mario Kart Live would be neat if I had kids.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
Bravely Default 2 is published by Nintendo and has been listed as a 2020 release for months now. Guessing it'll probably be an early December release.

And well, there's no reason why Nintendo couldn't announce another big 2020 game later tomorrow or later in the year. They've shown several times that they have no problem with announcing releases right before launch.
I feel like there's not much left in their IP to be announced. Metroid is far away, Botw2 is probably holiday next year and I doubt we'll see a new Mario game or Pikmin game with the ports of 3D World/All-Stars and Pikmin 3 being the focus for the next 6 months. The only game that I can think of that isn't another port is Bayonetta 3 which I guess could be close to being finished if development has been going well but I suspect that will be next year as well.

I've used my Switch less this year than I would have expected. At least I'll finally have something to play on it with All-Stars but it sucks that the big games for this fall are ports and a Dynasty Warriors game and then early next year another port of a game I've already played. Hopefully, Bowsers Fury is substantial as it really seems like if you were a Wii U owner and a fan of Nintendo's first-party games a lot of their releases on Switch are shit you've most likely played.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like there's not much left in their IP to be announced. Metroid is far away, Botw2 is probably holiday next year and I doubt we'll see a new Mario game or Pikmin game with the ports of 3D World/All-Stars and Pikmin 3 being the focus for the next 6 months. The only game that I can think of that isn't another port is Bayonetta 3 which I guess could be close to being finished if development has been going well but I suspect that will be next year as well.

There's that Pokemon Snap sequel/remake that was announced a few months ago that currently doesn't have a release date which could conceivably be a surprise 2020 Holiday release. And well, there's no reason that they couldn't pull out a curveball and reveal that they've been secretly working on a new Kid Icarus or F-Zero or any one of a number of dormant series that they have in their history. Or release a brand new IP - they still do that.

I don't think anyone was predicting that Nintendo would announce a BotW prequel / Hyrule Warriors sequel today that was coming out in 2020.

JSG87

Mar 13, 2018
Ayr, Scotland
Everything except the new Mario kart. I'm fine with mk8, I'd rather wait for mk9 on switch 2 and I'm salty because my house isn't big enough for it anyway 😂

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Hyrule Warriors for sure, Mario All Stars eventually (probably Christmas). I may get Pikmin 3 at some point, but I already played it back on Wii U, so I don't know.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mario 3D All Stars is an obvious yes.
Mario Kart I am passing on because of the price.
Pikmin 3 is a pass as I already played it on Wii-U.
Hyrule Warriors is an must play, but I will probably save it for the Christmas wishlist.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Everything but Mario Kart for me. It's not the most riveting of lineups, but it's enough and I'm excited to revisit that stuff and check out Hyrule Warriors.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hyrule all the way, woulda got Mario if there was anything materially improved in the games beyond resolution, as-is not really interested in just replaying a bunch of old Marios.

Pikmin 3 I am... tempted, I did everything there was to do in the original but the new content is somewhat tantalizing.

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
Sad to say - none.

All Stars is a really cheap and nasty port and I have Pikmin 3 already. DunnoWTF Nintendo are doing lately but they're fucking around a lot it seems

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care about musou games, so HW is a wait and see. The rest is...lol. Rough year :(.

There's some Switch games from the last couple years like Link's Awakening that I still haven't bought, so that is what I'll probably be doing tbh. Barring any other interesting announcements.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Dropping a new canon-Zelda title just like that out of nowhere isn't considered hard enough?

Even if I don't get Super Mario 3D All-Stars or any of the other ports for that matter, I'm definitly checking out AoC since hearing that the Zelda team had been working extensively on this with Koei-Temco and the footage already showing some promising performance is a good way to tide over until BotW sequel.

I don't care about Zelda since BotW and certainly, I don't care about Musou games.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably none of those.

I really want to make it through some backlog titles - Link's Awakening, Xenoblade, etc.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017

I've used my Switch less this year than I would have expected. At least I'll finally have something to play on it with All-Stars but it sucks that the big games for this fall are ports and a Dynasty Warriors game and then early next year another port of a game I've already played. Hopefully, Bowsers Fury is substantial as it really seems like if you were a Wii U owner and a fan of Nintendo's first-party games a lot of their releases on Switch are shit you've most likely played.
I love how people act like the Switch is already over.

Aug 12, 2019
I already have 3D All Stars pre-ordered and I will be picking up Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity for sure later in the season. I will also probably pick up Pikmin 3 Deluxe if the extra content in that version is as substantial and meaningful as it seems.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Already have 3D ordered. Honestly, probably everything in the list. Admittedly the Mario Kart live purchase will be a fun novelty but I'm exploring using it for a Machine Learning project depending on if I'd be able to tap into its camera. It's a long shot but could be fun.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Super Mario Collection is already preordered. As for Hyrule Warriors, might get two copies if they have coop, as my boyfriend wants to play it too.

I'm still trying to consider Mario Kart Live, but I'm waiting to see the content in the game, as the price is very high for me.

Pikmin 3 I already played, and the content doesn't seem too substancial enough to double dip at more than double the price I paid for the original game. so I'm 100% skipping it.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I wouldn't be surprised if they announced another game tbh. Either way, I've pre-ordered Mario All-Stars and will definitely get Pikmin again. I'd say I'm 75/25 on Hyrule Warriors. Haven't played the Nintendo Musou games before but did enjoy Dynasty Warriors in the past and the idea of a real canonical Zelda story is very exciting.

No go on Mario Kart for me as our apartment simply isn't equipped to handle it really. Doesn't look like something I'd play much either way (although I can see how it would be incredible for younger audiences).

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Getting age of calamity and 3d all stars. I have a feeling we have one more game for this winter and maybe 2.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
This has been an incredibly weak year for Nintendo if you're not an Animal Crossing fan. Hopefully next year will be stacked. I want my Bayonetta 3.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mario 3D All Stars is the only one that I'll pick up any time soon, between backlogs and other circumstances. I still have a Wii U, so Pikmin 3 isn't a priority. Hyrule Warriors isn't a style of gameplay preference to me, and I have very little interest in Mario Kart Live given the price and just not what I want from a Mario Kart game.

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
None of those. I was really hoping against all hope that BOTW 2 would be this year. There are always plenty of games to play, but I don't think many of them will be on my Switch for the rest of the year.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I would not be surprised if something sneaks in to early-to-mid December, but currently, I'm in for everything except the Mario Kart toy.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Everytime I get excited for a musou I end up playing it for like 2-3 hours and then never touch it again. I'm gonna pass on that and probably pick up the Mario collection. I'm waiting until all the next gen dust settles first though. Gotta see what I'm spending there before anything else.