• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

?

• Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Votes: 1,044 65.5%
  • Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit

Votes: 112 7.0%
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe

Votes: 413 25.9%
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Votes: 843 52.9%
  • none of the above

Votes: 349 21.9%

• Total voters

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
All Stars and Hyrule Warriors.

I don't care about Pikmin enough and the Mario Kart game does not appeal to me at all.

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
3D All-Stars only.

Maybe Pikmin 3 Deluxe digital next year if/when the eshop drops it to $41.99.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
Something's coming out in December I'm sure. Something always comes out that first week of December....then though it's outside this post's range, January is also missing a title.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
Mario and Zelda for sure (pre-ordered)

Pikmin if the new DLC is worth playing If it's just a 10 minute mission or something I'll pass at $60 since I already have it on Wii U

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Only getting 3D All Stars, and only because I've never played any of those games. Considering the low effort from Nintendo, more or less just three roms for $60, it pains me to give them money for it.

Other than that this year I've picked up Animal Crossing (managed to get the AC Switch) as well as Paper Mario. Not a good Switch year for me.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's literally a completely different game. Like, it probably won't have many of the HW characters. An entire new cast and story

And yet what I am talking about is gameplay mechanics and game design. I know it's a "separate game", but actual game-wise it just looks like they took Hyrule Warriors 1 and reskinned it with BotW. And since you know I don't like BotW that much, "It's Hyrule Warriors again, but with Breath of the Wild stuff!" doesn't appeal to me all that much beyond Urbosa being playable.

I would prefer it be a generational leap in terms of combat, mission and core game design. Like a fully new generation Musou, rather than the Warriors Orochi to this game's Samurai Warriors 3.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Was considering 3D Mario, but idk. At $40 I would have already pre-ordered, but the low effort ports and limited release kind of turned me off. Also not sure about how Galaxy will control without motion controls.

Other than that, I'll just try to grab a couple older games I still don't own like Mario Kart 8 or Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
And yet what I am talking about is gameplay mechanics and game design. I know it's a "separate game", but actual game-wise it just looks like they took Hyrule Warriors 1 and reskinned it with BotW. And since you know I don't like BotW that much, "It's Hyrule Warriors again, but with Breath of the Wild stuff!" doesn't appeal to me all that much beyond Urbosa being playable.

I would prefer it be a generational leap in terms of combat, mission and core game design. Like a fully new generation Musou, rather than the Warriors Orochi to this game's Samurai Warriors 3.

Well we don't yet know anything about the structure and mechanics of the game. The trailer hinted at it taking inspiration from the fact that BoTW was unlike any other Zelda.

Zero83

Oct 29, 2017
Oslo
I'm getting Super Mario 3D All-Stars, Pikmin 3 and Hyrule Warriors.
Though I'm not entirely sure there won't be another first party release this year (November or December).

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Mario 3D All-Stars - Duh
Hyrule Warriors AoC - Duh
Mario Kart Live - Waiting to see more.
Pikmin 3 - Not at launch, but probably by Dec depending on the new content.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Well hopefully there are some good gameplay improvements, apparently they've worked super closely with the Zelda team

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If that's it then nothing. Would buy the kart but lol at the prices here, can't even find Labo or Ring Fit, same thing will happen with the car.

Hopefully there's more becaue that would be one disappointing end of an year.

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt they're done announcing releases. I bet there's at least one more December title. But I generally grab anything Nintendo first party. I've never played Pikmin 3, I love the Mario 3D titles (as does my son), and Hyrule Warriors is right up my alley. I had a blast with Fire Emblem Warriors.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Hyrule Warriors for sure! I'm not exactly a fan of musou games but that BoTW art makes everything way more exciting! The reveal trailer was super cool and a nice surprise!

I might get the 3D All-Stars collection, haven't decided yet. I'm just interested in playing Mario Galaxy, really. It's a shame that Nintendo doesn't sell the games separately... greedy bastards. >_<

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm in for Mario 3D All-Stars and Hyrule Warriors, but I'm gonna guess that Hyrule Warriors isn't Nintendo's big holiday game this year. Otherwise, I don't see why they would have announced it so soon after the Mario anniversary Direct.

Wyatt+

Jan 15, 2020
I'll grab All-Stars at launch then probably snag Hyrule Warriors around Christmas.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Mario and Hyrule. Rest are wish list/get the kids tier.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing for me unfortunately,if Super Mario 3D All-Stars had both Galaxy games would be a must have.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe Mario for nostalgia, but that is a very weak year 4 for such a successful console if you ask me. And it is skipping Galaxy 2, the best game in the series, which is so stupid that it produced dozens of whining threads and memes.

Deleted member 32005

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
definitely 3D all stars. maybe Pikman 3.... and I am very curious about HW:AOC... will probably jump in on that

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Probably all of them eventually. No rush with Pikmin since Ive beaten it before or Hyrule Warriors since I never beat the first. Mario Kart is up to my wife who currently seems against it....

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting All Stars as a birthday present.
Pikmin 3 as a Christmas present
Maybe Hyrule Warriors as a christmas present, if not then I'll buy it myself.

Btw Pikmin 3 was the best game on Wii U so anyone not picking it up is doing themselves a disservice.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Just Hyrule Warriors 2.

Own 3d World already. Bought Pikmin 3 on WiiU eshop over the weekend lol. Mario games don't move me too much (especially when I own Mario 64 so many ways already) so I'm skipping All Stars till I can buy the games piecemeal.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
3D All Stars is a lock.

Hyrule Warriors tempts me but I remember being bored to tears by the original.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
3D All Stars because I love those games and want to replay them.

Pikmin 3 Deluxe because I love Pikmin bit never played this one one Wii U

Hyrule Warriors too. I'm cautiously excited for this one because it would be my first Musou so I dont really know what i'm in for.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
(unless there's a surprise december game we don't know about yet):

Bravely Default 2 is published by Nintendo and has been listed as a 2020 release for months now. Guessing it'll probably be an early December release.

And well, there's no reason why Nintendo couldn't announce another big 2020 game later tomorrow or later in the year. They've shown several times that they have no problem with announcing releases right before launch.

Deleted member 3196

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely getting the 3D Mario games. Jury's still out on Hyrule Warriors - I don't have an opinion on musou games as I've never played one, so I'm trepidatious about whether I'll like it, plus I don't want to get too soured on the genre before I play Persona 5 Scramble - and the rest don't interest me at all.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
all three retail games coming out (still didn't get Paper Mario yet)
and I know it's not asked but i'm hyped as fuck for 3D World considering I didn't play the original game and I'm getting a much better version of an already fantastic looking game

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. I've only bought Streets of Rage 4 for the Switch this year. Nintendo needs to work harder

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
hyrule warriors was great! definitely getting age of calamity. 3d all-stars is a no-brainer too.

i don't care for pikmin enough to buy pikmin 3 a second time. i'd be all over a pikmin 4 though.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
oh-you-sweet-summer-child-gif-1.gif

EDIT: Somehow beaten by the person I quoted

Thank you, I needed that

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Mario 3D is pre-ordered, Hyrule is day one for sure too. Pikmin is a maybe, that one might wait until there's a bit of a drought. I really want to play it, but it's right in the thick of releases and isn't as high up my list.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
I'd probably pick up pikman if it wasn't full price. Same with Super Mario 3D Allstars. I've already bought those games before, not sure i wan't to pay $60 to play them again.