• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Even if I had billions, I'd feel silly spending that much for a sandwich. I'd do it once, then go get a cheap one to see if I can taste the difference.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Care to explain? If they are importing the cattle from Japan that have undergone their specific cattle raising process, why is it not wagyu?

i misread and thought it was cattle brought and raised here, which is usually the case.

STILL FLEXING ON WAGYUMAFIA.

if you're into food on insta, wagyumafia is the most fun account.

Even if I had billions, I'd feel silly spending that much for a sandwich. I'd do it once, then go get a cheap one to see if I can taste the difference.

Wagyumafia's sando shop has lower end options that taste great too.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
The whole idea of super expensive foods has always been ridiculous to me.

I had a crisp sandwich yesterday and it was bloomin' delicious.

Oct 27, 2017
Game forum: wow so overpriced this is for rich people

Also Game forum: in for the $200 Day 1 Limited True Gamer Special Edition that comes with the helmet and action figure

Dec 31, 2017
Damn a lot of you guys are kind of downers, if I had the money I'd try it once for sure.

Of course you can get other cheaper and delicious foods, that's not really the point.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would at least try the Washugyu one.
Always wanted to try a wagyu steak after seeing the one from Shima Steak, which does not have breading on the meat though:
shima-steak-tokyo-16-zxknr.jpg

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017

Also Game forum: in for the $200 Day 1 Limited True Gamer Special Edition that comes with the helmet and action figure
Lazy drive by trolling.

A. Most gamers don't actually buy these LE's, hell browse just about any OT for a game and it's full of people saying "I'll wait for a sale."

B. As a proposition of value between the compasion: a single meal vs. 10-100hrs of entertainment.

C. Thw value of a sandwich vs other sandwiches. $185 is exponentially more than people spend on a single meal.

With that said, I've been to Kobe Japan and had myself authentic Kobe beef and am not saying its wrong to spend $185 on this sandwich, just saying have some perspective. And FYI Kobe beef is worth trying and I'm not even a huge meat eater.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Wagyu with that punny bread? No thanks, it would ruin the beef.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'd rather just pay for the trip to Japan than eat this in NY. At least then I could go see anime ladies on pillows in Japan.

Oct 27, 2017
Lazy drive by trolling.

A. Most gamers don't actually buy these LE's, hell browse just about any OT for a game and it's full of people saying "I'll wait for a sale."

B. As a proposition of value between the compasion: a single meal vs. 10-100hrs of entertainment.

C. Thw value of a sandwich vs other sandwiches. $185 is exponentially more than people spend on a single meal.

D. We can have a sense of humor about ourselves vs. calling fucking everything "trolling"

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
$200 for a steak sandwich?!

200.gif

Anyone who spends that on a small bit of beef and two slices of bread and thinks that's ok is deranged.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
Would not afford it atm, but I'd put it on my bucket list.

That's a hella good looking sandwich bread, though.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would feel insulted if someone tried me to feed me a premium quality steak, but not before frying it and sticking it between 2 pieces of bread.
I traveled all the way to Kobe, Japan, to eat their beef and it was worth it.
Indeed it was. Kobe beef was amazing.
If you go to Kobe, at a middle of the road restaurant, it's usually about $85 for roughly 4oz, so you're not too far off, but yeah...expensive. XD
I remember paying about 50$ for a bit more than 5oz a few years back. It was magical.

Last edited:

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Waygu hype is so fucking silly, I guess this type of shit is sort of a conclusion of that stupidity.
Don't get me wrong, you can phenomenal beef from Japan or from Japanese cow breeds, but I donno, I've been to Japan and I've been to Texas, and I find the notion that the former is somehow a better beef producing place to be almost farcical.

As for this restaurant, well, the point is to be expensive, I will bet you that you can make a sandwich that most people will find indistinguishable for a way cheaper price, but I ain't nobody opening a thread or writing an article on bloomberg for a really really good $20 premium steak sandwich.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

this has to be the lowest effort post ive seen in a while. like you really sat there and typed this like you were doing something.