• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Source

800x-1.jpg

Don Wagyu, the first restaurant in New York devoted solely to Wagyu beef sandwiches, is located on South William Street in Manhattan's Financial District, a five-minute walk from the New York Stock Exchange. When it opens on June 27, there will be three sandwiches (or sandos) on offer in the 1,000-square-foot space. Each is made from a different prized wagyu beef. The cheapest, made from a hybrid of Japanese and American cows, Washugyu, will cost about $25. On the other end of the spectrum is the A5 Ozaki, all sourced from a single farm in Japan. That sandwich will cost around $185.

Details: This Wagyu beef comes from a family farm Feldman discovered in the Miyazaki Prefecture. It ships only five cattle to the U.S. each month, all to Don Wagyu. The only other place to find the beef outside Japan is Dubai.

Appearance: There's so much marbled fat integrated into this beef that it's pink. It's served in a wooden box emblazoned with the Don Wagyu logo. (You get to keep the box.)

Taste: Best of all worlds: The meat is simultaneously fatty, with a melting tenderness, but it doesn't just dissolve in your mouth—it has enough texture to chew. Apart from being beefy, it's also notably juicy and aromatic; you get its scent as you pick it up. The fried coating and rich bread hold on to the steak. It's an investment-worthy experience.

Price: About $185 dollars.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wagyu Beef the only way to show the world how up your own arse you truly are.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'll buy the $25 one if I'm ever in New York in that particular restaurant that only serves one kind of sandwich.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
for $185, I would have walked out with the box regardless of whether or not I'm allowed to keep it

Deleted member 134

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I traveled all the way to Kobe, Japan, to eat their beef and it was worth it. Good sign for NYC.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I was simultaneously drooling and disgusted when I first heard about this

What a gilded age we live in where we dress up wagyu beef like a patty melt and charge $200 for it, or dip food in gold

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The term "wagyu" is such a dumb term.

Literally means "western beef" but is now synonymous with eastern beef, lol.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I assume if I went and ate this I'd be lead to a guillotine behind the building afterwards, and honestly I'd probably deserve it.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I know that seems like an exorbitant price, but Ozaki beef is worth it, and I'm not even rich.

I can't imagine a rich person being dumb enough to never try any Wagyu once in their life, unless they don't eat meat.

It isn't a stupid gimmick like gold leaf, you can taste why it's so expensive.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
My sister will be celebrating her anniversary there.

Looks like we know one thing that will be on the menu when she's there.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's nice to know what those assholes on wall street are actually spending their tax cuts on, because we knew it wasn't jobs.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Just like ramen in NY. Overpriced as hell. They sell this shit in Tokyo's subways for a fraction of the price.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
real wagyu is incredible. when i had it, the first bite pissed me off it was so good.

knocturnalis

Oct 27, 2017
Eating big portions of meat in a sandwich make me feel like a savage animals. That's why I had to move from turkey burgers to black bean burgers at my favorite local burger place. The black bean burgers are probably better, tbh.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know that seems like an exorbitant price, but Ozaki beef is worth it, and I'm not even rich.

I can't imagine a rich person being dumb enough to never try any Wagyu once in their life, unless they don't eat meat.

It isn't a stupid gimmick like gold leaf, you can taste why it's so expensive.
Would it be worth it at 1000$ ? 2000$ ? What's the magical threshold ?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
It depends on your budget and the amount of meat.

Honestly, I'd totally put down $500 on a 32oz.

It'd be worth a lot more than that, but I think that's my limit lol.
If you go to Kobe, at a middle of the road restaurant, it's usually about $85 for roughly 4oz, so you're not too far off, but yeah...expensive. XD

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus did they even cook it or does it moo every time you take a bite? I'll just get a philly cheese steak somewhere else for $10