• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Drove a moving truck from Seattle to San Diego and was terrified about low bridges, but thankfully there weren't any along our route.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've only driven/owned small cars, I don't like big ass vehicles but with my third kid I ended up taking over the payments on my parent's Land Rover, I remember being scared of the 7 foot height clearance at the hospital parking garage lol.

impiri

Oct 25, 2017
I have a couple different routes home from the office, but I usually take the one that goes under this bridge just in case I get to see it in action

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like to think that something else they added to keep people from hitting it is a speaker that yells "That will fuck your shit up bro"

I mean they have

- lights
- a strike bar that you hit before the bridge
- overheight laser detectors (which is what the overheight sign turns on for)
- if it detects overheight, it cycles the traffic light to red just in case

and people still hit it

ArtTeitlebaum

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Seeing this thread for the first time. Thanks everybody. This gave me lots of joy.

"That will fuck your shit up bro" made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
It even has a flashing sign that says "overheight must turn". Damn people are like: "No, I must fuck my shit up"

Also, lol at the screaming guy and "gonna fuck your shit up bro!"

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
That last one is amazing.

"Shit, I went the wrong way, it's the other way to hit the bridge."

Then he just taps it.

That is the funniest. The dude reversed into traffic just to make sure that he could turn around and hit the bridge. Not the most damage, but easily the funniest with the dedication they needed.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They need to rebuild that bridge, it's clearly causing problems and wasting peoples time and money.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always feel bad watching these since it seems like most of the crashes are probably just everyday people who rented a moving truck and aren't used to driving something that big.

Stone Dudeman

Oct 27, 2017
These videos are both sad and amusing to me.

See, I am a professional truck driver. And it is true that some low bridges don't give you much in the way of warning before you get to them, so a driver always has to be alert if they're on a road they've never been on before. But this one ain't one of those. There are more than enough warnings before you get there so it's the drivers fault.

The really shit one was a few years ago in New Jersey the state repaved a round under a low bridge, which added a few inches of height. But they forgot to change the sign, so you had a bridge with a sign that said 13' 8" but it was actually 13' 4". A standard semi box trailer is 13' 6". I understand the state ended up paying out a lot of money to cover damaged trucks.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Man seeing the All My Sons Moving truck hit that bridge made me feel so good, those bastards damaged some of my stuff during my last move and straight up lied about it.

I don't know much about that company but I wouldn't doubt they are shitty judging from the fact they hit it at least twice. If they couldn't learn the first time that they need to find a way around it I really doubt their competence.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I love it so much.

This may be my favorite. I have no clue what the driver was thinking.

"Fuck it, I'm going back. I want to EXPERIENCE this once and for all! But I just want to experience it a tiny little bit."

That one infuriated me. Talk about entitled driver. Let's back up in the wrong direction in the middle of a busy streeet. Block everyone so I can not have to drive further. Now let's be an idiot and go under this too low bridge. And then block people some more while I decide what to do. None of the other people's time matters, only me. And to make it worse his truck comes out relatively Unscathed so he doesn't even get much punishment out of it.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing this ages ago and forgot all about it. Thanks for the bumb, time for some laughter!

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Surely there has to be fines, strikes against one's license, tickets, etc, other legal problems for people who hit this bridge, right?

I mean it's blatant Reckless Driving ignoring all those road signs telling drivers to fuck off and turn.

And honestly I do wonder about the career health of truckers who hit bridges like this - Worse yet, the repair-bills a truck-renter is gonna get slammed with for putting a Moving Truck through a can-opener like that.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
Not a bridge, but reminds me of a highway exit in Toronto where they have multiple flashing lights and signs saying the exit isn't open till 7pm during rush hour.... Every week someone's broken it trying to get through

RobertM

Oct 31, 2017
Strange, around here for low clearance brindges I see metal chain hanging down that would scrape your roof to indicate whether you'll be able to pass through or not, why haven't they added that?

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this bridge made out of adamantium or something?

How does it not get damaged from the constant hits it takes.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
anigif_sub-buzz-11366-1470304673-2.gif

lol