• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the bridge is funny but I feel like this is probably the correct thing to do for the sake of other drivers that have to share the road with the truck drivers

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
the old crash beam

XDUDHij.png

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It belongs in a museum.

I bet it could actually go for a good chunk of change at auction.

Oct 28, 2017
I love how there were pages over pages in this thread were people explained why this can't or won't be fixed.

And now it's getting fixed.

Took long enough, granted.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
There is a bridge like this in Chicago on Fullerton Ave- right by Liars Club.

You don't know how many trucks I've seen stuck under that thing.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I love how there were pages over pages in this thread were people explained why this can't or won't be fixed.

And now it's getting fixed.

Took long enough, granted.
It's even in the site FAQs. Honestly, I don't think this will completely eliminate incidents, but it should at least reduce the number of incidents. It's still not high enough.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if just different sized trucks will think "I can make this" now and nothing will change.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Worst day ever. I got far too much enjoyment from watching people ignore the enormous warning signals.

Oct 25, 2017
They're raising it 8 inches to 12'4".
I read that most big semi trailers are 13'6" tall, which is the legal limit in most states (some allow taller).

The 12 foot 4 bridge will still occasionally feast. But now it only hungers for ample bounties, letting the smaller snacks get away.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
11foot8 mostly feasted on rented moving vans/box trucks. No semi-competent (get it) driver of a semi is going to be near this bridge.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sadly they are fixing it. Wanted to see more trucs/RVs eat shit.

Jon_Sama

Aug 19, 2018
First video was posted April 2008, almost 11 years 8 months ago and now this is happening...

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Noooooooo. They should keep it as a road hazard because the videos are funny. I realise that it is unsafe but a safe bridge just isnt funny. I want to be able to watch clips of trucks being destroyed

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only lost a bit that time, old bridge would've peeled it open. Shame.

Also wtf at ignoring all of the the MUST TURN signs and stuff

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
Idiots just can't read or refuse to pay attention. It's like No Right Turn on Red. You're sitting there, waiting for the light to turn green and you've got idiots behind you honking because "it's clear" for you to turn right. Why are you waiting for a green?!

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Its like an SCP foundation entry at this point. You raise it a foot, it takes off the top of a VW Beetle.