• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
I spent my weekend going through the last season on netflix. This show has always been a guilty pleasure, and its been fun seeing the space crew kill whatever other group of humans they come across season to season but this ending woof. A lot of big laughs from me.

winkerstein

May 5, 2020
North America
I definitely wanted something a bit different for this series...… but I guess I like it for what it is. For the season, I would have liked to see human kind continue on and not transcend with maybe even a silly few year time skip with whats left of the original 100 making camp on the reborn Earth.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I hate this ending n final season. What the shit.

But god damn it that Cockroach got me in the feels at the end.

winkerstein

May 5, 2020
North America
Was there any mention of how many humans were still around at the time of transcendence? I know the disciples, and Indra's group (collection of grounders, COG, Eligius Prisoners, Sanctum residents) on Bardo and maybe handful still on Sanctum like the children thats all I can think of. I don't remember how many are on other planets that the disciples visited frequently however.

I think they should've just put all the humans on Earth, maybe destroyed the stone on Earth so the humans can't ever test for transcendence as "punishment" for Clarke but everyone gets to live and just rebuild on earth.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Was there any mention of how many humans were still around at the time of transcendence? I know the disciples, and Indra's group (collection of grounders, COG, Eligius Prisoners, Sanctum residents) on Bardo and maybe handful still on Sanctum like the children thats all I can think of. I don't remember how many are on other planets that the disciples visited frequently however.

I think they should've just put all the humans on Earth, maybe destroyed the stone on Earth so the humans can't ever test for transcendence as "punishment" for Clarke but everyone gets to live and just rebuild on earth.

Were there any humans in stasis on any of the ships? Felt like some were up there.

And as others have said, yeah, not a good ending, but it doesn't ruin the rest of the show at least. The only major character assassination I can think of is Belamy, and maybe possibly Clarke but imo Clarke just realized her true self by the end.

I'll rewatch and enjoy the series some day, and maybe just stop at the end of season 5. The prequel series, if produced, may be hard to watch knowing everything humanity does in the prequel completely doesn't matter and literally just Raven being Raven is what decides all their fates.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I just binged the last season over the course of about three days. I knew I'd want to watch the whole season in just one go, uninterrupted, so I held off on a live viewing. And after watching that finale all I have to say is, WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT HORSESHIT?!?!

The season had me right up until the whole transendence being real and Deus Ex Machina the whole ending. Fuck that. What's worse, is the writers know these "higher" beings are kind of horseshit and have Clarke actually make a good point when debating them regarding the fact that they commit genocide. But, the retort is simply cast aside as if it's not worth thinking about. Like, "yeah, we commit genocide, but you see it's different when we do it. We are...ascended."

Fuck you.

This series has always tried to grapple with questions of morality, survival, and the meaning of being human. Yet, in the end it decides to just throw up its hands and go, "yeah, aliens will just fix everything; don't think about it." It's a total betrayal for what the entire series was about. I sure as fuck wouldn't want to "ascend" and become a part of the Borg Collective. How about humanity achieves enlightenment on its own?

Gosh, how could the series just completely eat itself in just one episode? I'm gonna be pissed about this for some time now.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished this. What a mess the last season was. Having little of Bellamy was a dumb decision. Did he decide to leave the show and only be a guest? I didn't like the transcendence story line at all. There were some neat ideas in the final season, but the overall plot was dumb.

Glad this show got to run 7 seasons, even though I think it went down hill after the first season. Not enough sci-fi shows out there.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished this. What a mess the last season was. Having little of Bellamy was a dumb decision. Did he decide to leave the show and only be a guest? I didn't like the transcendence story line at all. There were some neat ideas in the final season, but the overall plot was dumb.

Glad this show got to run 7 seasons, even though I think it went down hill after the first season. Not enough sci-fi shows out there.
Bell needed some time off for the majority of the season, so they had to rework it. I'd love to know what the originals plans were.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

True reason is not clear, but it is clear that Morley didn't want/couldn't be on set more. Considering he is married to Eliza, there must have been something quite serious as his wife was there filming. It isn't like he was tired of filming in Canada.
Also seems like Eliza Taylor had a miscarriage during filming.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The prequel is still in contention but the cast's options have all expired.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they can do it post covid? I really want this to happen. On the bright side, a lot would be filmed outdoors.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I thought the prequel backdoor pilot was just okay, would rather see the creator tackle a new concept entirely.

BSherrod

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished this last season. Everyone in the thread has made the same points I would have made. They tried to cram way too much into the show and became way too convoluted. There was a point where I would recommend this show and say it's better than it's CW trappings, but in the end it became very similar to all of the other shows on the network. A little bit disappointed to be honest.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Just finished this last season. Everyone in the thread has made the same points I would have made. They tried to cram way too much into the show and became way too convoluted. There was a point where I would recommend this show and say it's better than it's CW trappings, but in the end it became very similar to all of the other shows on the network. A little bit disappointed to be honest.

Just cut off at the end of season 5 and you have a mostly good to great sci-fi show with a decent ending, IMO.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't mind where the show went. The prequel episode was actually great.

But half the season was wasted on Sheidheda. Absolutely the worst character and worst part of the show.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't mind where the show went. The prequel episode was actually great.

But half the season was wasted on Sheidheda. Absolutely the worst character and worst part of the show.
He after the prequel episode was my favorite aspect of this last season. Just the storyline felt incomplete but he was a joy to watch.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed watching the actor. He actually put on a great performance. But his plot armor was infuriating.
My feelings too, but I am someone who can like watching WW1984 for Pedro Pascal's performance even if the movie is shit.

Shiedheda would have been his own interesting season challenging the power dynamics of them on a new planet, but after everything he does to take over he just kind of gets stabbed, removed and becomes an agent for the Second Dawn, comes back, reclaims power and gets blown up. Def a consequence of an overstuffed season as much as a joy he was to watch.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just cut off at the end of season 5 and you have a mostly good to great sci-fi show with a decent ending, IMO.

Yeah, it's mostly fantastic to that point and you can just imagine it ends there. Just a shame they ran it into the ground too much, they tried something but it didn't work, I think what disappointed me greatly was even if the end point was what they had in the mind, two seasons or so were just terribly sloppy episode to episode, it just wasn't a decent standard. Enjoyed my time with the characters but shame it was a low point in the end, by no means the worst in TV though.

Cap10Deku

Dec 2, 2017
Seattle, Wa
Loved this show and finally caught up to finishing it and maaaan what a let down ending. I mean honestly the whole last season or 2 was more just "i want to see how this ends" type of thing, but they had some good stories/characters in the first few seasons.

I enjoyed it overall, that ending though just left a sour taste whenever I think about the show which is too bad.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been caught up with this show. Saw the first 2 seasons and loved them but I other things kept me from returning. So now that its over...is this another Game of Thrones???

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't know why they thought the Stargate/ Transcendence plot was the way to wrap this up. Really should have ended it after they left earth.
Apparently they had to cram everything due to cast drama and new contracts, and the showrunner being more interested in doing the prequel series than continuing to work with what was becoming a fractured cast.

I do think the idea of them ultimately being judged for what they've done, and the grounders origins tying into a final foe was a cool idea.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been caught up with this show. Saw the first 2 seasons and loved them but I other things kept me from returning. So now that its over...is this another Game of Thrones???
Not really. It fumbles the final season (even though it has some high points), but not in the trainwreck that GOT was. And the end of the show doesn't retroactively ruin the other seasons.

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Seeing this thread bump, whatever happened with the prequel? I guess its not happening?
Also I would love to get a complete series Blu-Ray box. Any news on that? The individual blurays are a mess here in Germany. Would love a complete box.

Oh and yes. I'm still pissed about that transcendence bullshit. Instead of becoming light beings/part of a collective mind, they just should've met the physical beings that built the stones and get awarded with technology/knowledge for passing their test + the chance to start over on a new Planet Earth 2.0 (Earth "coming back" was stupid).

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing this thread bump, whatever happened with the prequel? I guess its not happening?
Also I would love to get a complete series Blu-Ray box. Any news on that? The individual blurays are a mess here in Germany. Would love a complete box.

Oh and yes. I'm still pissed about that transcendence bullshit. Instead of becoming light beings/part of a collective mind, they just should've met the physical beings that built the stones and get awarded with technology/knowledge for passing their test + the chance to start over on a new Planet Earth 2.0 (Earth "coming back" was stupid).
The prequel is still being considered

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I hope it gets picked up. The pilot was great.

Luckily I think the only reason it wasn't picked up already was due to the pandemic. They actually said no to the green arrow spin-off.

They did say they wanted to do flashbacks of the 2050s in the new show before the bombs dropped, but I imagine that's not feasible to do, but the more isolated forest stuff should be.

I really hope it gets picked up too.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
So any news on the spinoff? I'm not seeing anything. Should we expect something today or just assume it's dead?