• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
These last few episodes were not what I expected. I feel like they wasted way too much time. To be clear, i am ok with everything that happened. I don't share all the hate. Sure some characters didn't deserve to die the way they did. But that's how death is. It doesn't always come the way someone deserves. People die in stupid accidents, or get killed because of misunderstandings.
Clarke killing Bellamy was stupid and unnecessary, sure. We know that now. But in that moment, after he just betrayed her and told the truth about the flame and risked the lives of their friends and then put Maddie's life at risk, it made sense. If she knew the outcome, of course she wouldn't have done that. But in that moment, she didn't see her best friend anymore. She thought it was the right thing to do. So I'm not mad at Clarke. If the show had a little more air to breath and the actor of Bellamy available for more scenes, the show could've given a more satisfying ending for him. It is what it is. We shouldn't blame the producer/writers for everything.
About the trailer:
The last war in the trailer looks just stupid. A confrontation that should've happened at least in the penultimate episode.
I understand this is the last war on the show. Whatever the outcome is, there won't be other wars. They all will either die or live in peace forever. But what about Becca's vision?
So she saw two groups of people fighting each other and was terrified and felt that humanity is not ready for that? Good thing she didn't see how the last few people on earth destroyed the last habitable spot on earth. I mean. This whole prophecy must be wrong, right?
Whatever comes out of this final episode: I don't think they can wrap everything up in 43 minutes. So I'm keeping expectations very low at this point.
I wish they would've shown more of the species that lived on Bardo before they got killed by that virus. I wanted to see the species that created that virus. I wanted to know why there was war between them and where humanity stands in that conflict.
But I'm afraid there is no time left for that.
I hope they can solve the mystery around the stone and what Becca saw with a nice satisfying twist. Put some flashbacks in, show what happens to everyone and I'm ok.
I can't believe this show suffers from the same problems GoT did. Too many stories; not enough episodes, 'stupid' character decisions because they are rushing with the scenes to finish telling the stories and questions that will never be answered properly.
I hope the final episode is more satisfying than the finale of GoT.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Welp. This... last season was definitely rushed. I hope the finale can salvage some of it, but just some of the ways they are handling things feels bad. I just caught up, but yeah. I agree that there wasn't a cohesive plan.

I thought Sheidheda would have been the 'key' as far as why they were keeping that storyline alive. But now it just seemed disjointed.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I really thought things would really gel in the last couple episodes, but nope. Looks like it'll end up a mess. They should have just ended the show with them coming out of sleep and meeting Jordan. I appreciate a little bit of the character growth they've had, but doesn't compare to the amount of bad episodes we've had to sit through. The writing is just completely unfocused this season, especially when I think back to how tightly-written the first few seasons were.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I am fairly certain we'll hear later how "Book 2" was supposed to be more than 2 seasons, and a lot more scifi with lots of things to explore that ended up being condensed into what we got due to the cast hating Eliza and Bob, and not wanting to work with them. Thus Book 3 as a new show got pushed into the forefront

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I am fairly certain we'll hear later how "Book 2" was supposed to be more than 2 seasons, and a lot more scifi with lots of things to explore that ended up being condensed into what we got due to the cast hating Eliza and Bob, and not wanting to work with them. Thus Book 3 as a new show got pushed into the forefront

The cast hate Eliza and Bob, or you speculating?

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
The cast hate Eliza and Bob, or you speculating?
Apparently, he was abusive towards his ex and was having an affair with Eliza, she got pregnant, miscarried, and he wanted time away from the show, hence his limited appearances despite them hyping up his S7 story last finale.

It sounds like shipper bullshit, but apparently he and Eliza did get married, and the cast has mostly unfollowed them from social media with the actor who played Lincoln shooting some snipes at them. Not sure what the whole 100% story is and didn't ever shift through the shippers to find out.

google provides this though

www.dailydot.com

'The 100's' Bob Morley accused of abuse

Bob Morley, best known for his portrayal of Bellamy in 'The 100,' has been accused of verbal and emotional abuse by his ex-girlfriend.

hollywoodlife.com

‘The 100’s Eliza Taylor Reveals How She & Bob Morley Fell In Love: ‘We Are Very Happy’

‘The 100’s Eliza Taylor is finally revealing details about her and co-star Bob Morley’s love story. The actress told the world in an Instagram post how they fell for each other, h…

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they ended the show because they couldn't keep the actors together any longer.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anything can really redeem how they handled some of the characters - like Bellamy, and even the reaction to Bellamy's death.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It wasn't a great season by a long shot but sad to see it go this way. Last week was a little better and hopefully this finale is here or there too and not a damp squib.

I'm going to guess the last war is humanity getting a second chance, back they go, reset. They don't ascend so to speak, they get another chance.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
What if they reveal Earth wasn't Earth, and they move to a new planet with a couple of people, and that turns out to be Earth?
Okay, that might not be popular. My preferred ending would be like most people wiped out, a couple of the oldies (Murphy/Emory/Raven/Nate/the Doc) move to Earth with heaps of the Sanctum kids to start over from nothing.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Clarke takes the test, passes, and gets to choose humanity's fate. She decides to kill everyone except her and Maddie. Perfection.

Sep 14, 2018
Imagine if the Sanctum stuff just wasn't in this season and we got a deeper more interesting look at what they've been trying to get across about humanity and endless violence and a better way using the backdrop of Bardo and the original Bardoans. That would have been a good premise for the final season.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Oh god, Clarke is the absolutely worst person for this challenge.

Also... LEXA CAMEO!

Also also... FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I only watched the first ep of the series and this one, this was some heavy shit

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I only watched the first ep of the series and this one, this was some heavy shit
I don't even know where to start.

At the end of it all... I'm okay with the show ending the way it did. It just took some insane twists and turns to get where they got.

But good lord that was a rollercoaster of emotions.

Mar 9, 2018
FINALE SPOILERS

Feels like a finale to a different show. But this whole thing about the Anomaly has felt like a plot to a different show for a while. And the finale felt like an infodump of cosmic rules governing everything and everyone. Very arbitrary rules by as Clarke pointed out, morally dubious beings themselves.

There's something hollow about it all. I don't feel it spoke to the complexity of many of the moral decisions of the show. It feels like Clarke was rejected from transcendence for "aesthetic" purposes, her price to "bear".

Oct 25, 2017
FINALE SPOILERS

Ouch for bellamy believing and ending as dust not a glow tree. Man they really hated the actor to do him like that and have lexa not him as the end boss.

Imagine being the last of the kru (and humanity!) alive.

The rules of the transcended beings was ridiculous. Imagine, one member happens into the right code and boom your species wiped out. Whoops. Slim shiedy living a few more minutes and he would have glowed too? Eh.

I do like how it closes the door on a sequel. Though frankly with that ending a prequel seems pretty meh to me as well.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Given the shifts for this season since they couldn't get everyone they wanted, I think it ended well. Seeing everyone as glowing trees was funny. Emori and Murphy getting their little happy ending was so nice. I wouldn't have been mad if they died there, honestly. Madi transcending and getting to finally be a kid and have friends is so nice. Girl went through so much. She needed that.

Gaia barely being there sucks. But Jason said they did what they could since her actress was really busy.

Indra just blowing up Shadeheda was anticlimactic but funny.

Am I the only one who wanted Clarke to really be alone? I feel like the final moment we got was kinda out of character for the show. Clarke really should've had to bear the weight of it all. That said it was nice seeing everyone come back for her.

Would love to know what you thought about the two eps lol.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Show should've ended with the S5 finale of them getting to their new home. Two pointless seasons to end the series.

Sep 14, 2018
I'm fine with the way it ended for the most part, did I not see Emori at the end? She lit up too didn't she? Tough break for Bellamy I guess.

I think the set up was only halfway there for this ending, they have spent a lot of time on "doing better" and such so it's not out of left field exactly but the way it happened was, I mean literal last episode and this god race of judges shows up it's like... Idk, reminded me of ME3 ending but with less awful connotations.

The glowy trees are really offputting to me just like in ME3 everyone suddenly having wires in their heads. Also made me think of Law endings in SMT lmao I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess I don't like this type of ending in general but it was done well enough here, for me at least.

Also, how come Becca was allowed to refuse but Clarke wasn't? What am I missing.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with the way it ended for the most part, did I not see Emori at the end? She lit up too didn't she? Tough break for Bellamy I guess.

I think the set up was only halfway there for this ending, they have spent a lot of time on "doing better" and such so it's not out of left field exactly but the way it happened was, I mean literal last episode and this god race of judges shows up it's like... Idk, reminded me of ME3 ending but with less awful connotations.

The glowy trees are really offputting to me just like in ME3 everyone suddenly having wires in their heads. Also made me think of Law endings in SMT lmao I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess I don't like this type of ending in general but it was done well enough here, for me at least.

Also, how come Becca was allowed to refuse but Clarke wasn't? What am I missing.
I'm guessing it had something to do with her interrupting Cadogan's trial, so to speak. Meanwhile Becca didn't actually start hers I guess?

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing it had something to do with her interrupting Cadogan's trial, so to speak. Meanwhile Becca didn't actually start hers I guess?

That's how I took it.

As far as the episode in total. Considering all that led up to it, it could have been much worse. It felt rushed, though. I don't mind the concept as far as them going there but there wasn't enough time. It felt like they needed at least one more season. I know the actor troubles were also an issue and you could feel that. They tried to redeem Bellamy a bit, and it was nice we figured out what Bellamy actually saw in terms of what it was, but transcendence seems scary if you become a glowing tree in perpetuity before realizing that you have the choice to come back.

Also, feel like Bellamy should have been there at the end as it would have tied in nicely with the fact that he was right. I feel like Bellamy should have been converted but then realized Cadogan was right to a point until he realized that it wasn't a war and that through his experience that doesn't make sense that the final test would be a war.

Also, I thought that nicotine commercial was part of the actual show lol

Mar 9, 2018
Are they really doing better? It doesn't feel like it. It feels like they were just dominated by more powerful beings.

Everyone submits to the whims of the magical powerful aliens, with arbitrary rules like "we judge an entire race based on the actions of 1 person" and "everyone dies if that 1 person fails". They collapse the human experience and erase the agency people have taken away from them by other people, by the environment, by the limitations of their biology, etc.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
It still kind of irks me that book one was five seasons and book two was only two. I feel like there was so much wasted potential in those ideas too. There were good ideas, but it was just so rushed. This kinda hurts more than GoT where everything about that last season was horrible whereas they just needed time here and less trouble on set to pull off the potential behind transcendence and those higher beings.