• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Man I'm really not feeling this season at all. Maybe it's because of the weekly wait between episodes, but everything just feels needlessly convoluted and awkwardly executed.

Also Clarke's crying scene was legit memeworthy and I felt nothing after Bellamy's death, which is kinda frustrating lol

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm like 10 episodes in or something and have no interest in this season at all. The time shenanigans are a mess, and I guess since it is the final season they just axed the budget as it seems the majority of the season takes place in like 5 rooms.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You didn't even get the book Clarke, lol.

Yeah, this season is whatever, not even the end of this episode had any bite.

It doesn't even feel like they had too much to show and crammed it in, actually feels like not much has happened at all or they've wasted so much time on other stuff, it hasn't worked well, unless there is some reason to having both stories in the end. It's a shame but I'll see it to the end.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This entire season has been one of the most slapdash of them all, with multiple pointless threads weaving around a centrally stupid one. Also, the most recent episode had to be one of the dumbest ever. That ending basically threw away six seasons of legacy for nothing.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I dunno... I tend to look for positives, but unless they wrap this up in some kind of spectacular fashion, I would have preferred the ending of season 6 to be the finale.

It had enough wrap up, and the Octavia vanishing plot could just be a fun cliffhanger. Like, "the adventure continues, whether the cameras are on or not". I don't mind those types of endings 🤷🏻‍♀️

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be tough to have an ending that is better than either emerging from the second dawn bunker to a non-99% ruined earth or the elgius leaving the earths orbit for parts unknown. The anomaly stones just continually strike me as an attempt at a higher level narrative ala battlestar, tng, Stargate when there was no hint of that for five seasons.

Mar 9, 2018
I kind of agree. I'm rolling with it but it does feel ill fitting "so far" -- and so far is like 3 episodes away from the series finale.

I do wonder how things will go down. If we actually meet the stone makers, perhaps they will be "formless", taking the shape of characters in the past.

Abby, Kane, Jaha, Clarke's Dad (don't worry Simone Prime, I don't know his name either), the gorilla they killed, Lexa, Roan, Bellamy, Wells, etc.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up with the last episode. Man, what a mess.

"Was that you that let the shield down?" "Oh yeah sorry for almost killing you and Murphy and everyone else. My bad"

I'm happy they gave Indra a good battle scene, but again they have her fumble the ball and inadvertently fuck everything up because she couldn't finish the job. Like basically letting Sheidheda live more or less led to Bellamy's death. They just seem to refuse to let Indra appear competent and successful as a character.

As others have said, the Clarke-Bellamy scene didn't feel earned at all. The idea of a friend being sucked in by a cult was interesting, but this was not the show to try to do it in a meaningful way. And certainly, as much as I've never liked Bellamy much, that character didn't deserve to go out like that and the fans didn't deserve it either.

I just hope they don't end up making this "final war" and the ascended mumbo jumbo real, because none of us long-time fans deserve that kind of spiritual nonsense which has ruined the final seasons of many good sci-fi shows.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Oh come on! Of all the times to forgive Clarke, Octavia and Echo let her off the hook just like that? She didn't even get the book back.

And now Indra not acting her usual pragmatic self and killing the Commander is biting her in the ass.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
"I wish I had something that would make me care about the show."

The show:
tumblr_inline_p6onq2bc0Z1r9vxyz_540.gif

Now I'm starting to get pissed with this show. I didn't expect Madi of all people to call out Clarke for her shit, but at least she got some agency. Not to mention Clarke destroying the one thing that could help them against invisibility. Murphy and Emori better survive this...

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Earth being habitable again is pretty lame, but I guess it makes sense given that is has been over 100 years. At least it's in keeping with the established lore.

Apart from that, it was a fine episode I guess. I never cared about Gabriel so it didn't affect me when he died.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not seeing how all this wraps up in the next 126 minutes of the show, between sanctum, Shiedheda, the disciples and our main crew.

My favorite thing this season is easily the back door pilot, really hope this last season doesn't end up with the spin off not being picked up.

I get this and last season are "book 2" but meh. Book 1 on earth was better.

Mar 9, 2018
I would feel a lot better about living through a global pandemic if I had some Sheidheda plot armor.

That sucks about Gabriel, I liked his character and actor.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
At least it is nice that Clarke is showing that she is willing to kill entire planets.
Jordan and Hope is kinda sweet.
Clarke's idea to just survive with that little group on Earth might have worked better if there were more than 4 men there, and half of those weren't gay.

Oct 25, 2017
That episode was a mess

Earth was 100% desert including no oceans and with the way Gaia said she was only there a few days, we're not talking time dialation (putting aside again where the seeds for life came from)

Immediate forgiveness for Clarke.

Sheheida going to the bunker when cadogan could have sent a team that would be more trustworthy and have knowledge of the layout via cadogan.

Sheheida not killing Gabriel with his first stab.

Gabriel had a better death scene than Bellamy

I forget what else.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I liked parts of this episode, but I'm getting sick of stupid actions by Sheidheda and the main crew. For example, during Sheidheda's fight with Gaia and Indra was kinda dumb. Sheidheda not only left behind his invisibility, but mid fight decided to do some crazy finishing downward-stabbing move to kill Maddie, with his back turned to Gaia and Indra... which of course resulted in him getting a kick to the ribs. I don't know, perhaps I'm too critical of the fight scene and maybe all their fight scenes have been dumb, but I think this season has kinda fallen off for me compared to my expectations. Three episodes to go to wrap up all of this.

My guess is Sheidheda dies very quickly and unceremoniously next episode, probably by Cadogan's crew. That'll clear up at least one loose thread.

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting the bomb to be the gem-9 thing or whatever it was. Its not like Bardo was going back to earth anyway after transcendence and the bomb would have covered the rotunda exit point blocked anyway (though perhaps the stone drops lifeforms in the nearest open space?)

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Well, The 100 finally feel like a proper CW show with awfully written episodes. Took them long enough.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Gabriel was cool, but he's been alive for over 200 yrs so it made sense he was cool with dying. Hard to believe it would take him that long to get good at the piano though.

Both Octavia/Echo have grown a lot considering everything that went down on Sky Ring, so the quick forgiveness of Clarke didn't completely bother me. Especially considering the change Bellamy made, although the execution of that change and how his death went down overall is still a big disappointment for such an important character.

Didn't really think about Jasper/Hope being kindred spirits in growing up w/out their parents for the most part and hearing stories of The 100 crew.

I think the writers kept the Dark Commander around because they wanted an antagonist like him to cause trouble, but also didn't factor in the multiple times Indra didn't kill him when she could would make her look bad. Him stalking Maddie in the helmet cam was kinda cool though.

I know people are surprised Murphy has made it this long, but I'm also surprised a C-tier character like Nyla has stuck around this long as well. Cool that a brother/sister combo get to work together on the show though.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Still not a fan of Madi not being the one to kill Sheidheda and over come the fear of him but goddamn has this season been a train wreck.

Was amused that Richard Harmon showed in a few episodes of Van Helsing last year and then Jonathan Scarfe shows up for a few here.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
That was probably the weakest episode of the season.

The resolution of Bellamy's death was such a copout. "I had to do it". Clarke didn't even get the book, so his death was meaningless. Not that I'm shedding any tears for Bellamy, but such a hollow end to someone that was one of the original 100.

The best thing that could have happened would be Octavia, Madi, and Indra to team up to kill Sheidheda. Octavia to get over her demons of the fighting pit, Madi, to become the commander she was meant to be, and Indra because she deserves a win.

Instead we got 15 minutes of Sheidheda in a stealth suit with bad camera work and cheesy helmet effects stalking Clarke, and then an impotent ending with him getting away.

Two episodes left and nothing feels closer to being resolved.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah that ending was :(

Clarke's worse fear coming true and would have hit harder if the bridge to get there with the whole Bellamy thing would have been executed better.

Hard to believe the series finale is next week, with so much to wrap up.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Humanity is going to die. Sanctum and Bardo will be nuked. Clarke will look on happy.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
It seem like a clear cut "desperate Clarke sacrifice herself" to save the others and/or maybe revert time or some shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Sheheida living to see the last episode! Reminded me of the Darth maul distraction in the last episodes of clone wars.

That episode felt super rushed, next week is going to feel 10x worse I figure. There is a lot to do.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Sheheida living to see the last episode! Reminded me of the Darth maul distraction in the last episodes of clone wars.

That episode felt super rushed, next week is going to feel 10x worse I figure. There is a lot to do.
This whole season seems super rushed. Like am not even still sure what the plot of it is with everything with sheidheda, the different planets, hope and dioaza, the other random dudes we've encountered and whatnot. It just seemed to be going in so many directions. Also I guess the people on sanctum are all but forgotten and the society of people they saved over the course of the season are just.... not even important in this back half of the season?

The backdoor pilot was easily my favorite episode of this season. I wonder if this last season just suffers from the cast members problems with Clarke and Bellamy's actors forcing them to rush things to a close, or if the spinoff show suddenly became what they wanted to do more, or they just realized book 2 in space wasn't going to be that interesting on sanctum and needed a way out.

The story of this final season being made will probably be more interesting than the actual finale. Shame this last season is a mess after the previous 6 were overall really strong.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
So next week is a two episode (1-hour each) finale, right?

I'm 100% positive we'll get a shitty "rewind time" ending where they all end up back on Earth sometime in the past. It'd be such a cop-out, but I just lost a ton of faith after this season.

Edit: wait the finale is just one hour for next week? How are they gonna wrap this up. This is gonna be really disappointing, isn't it? Damn I hope it's not a huge cliffhanger.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017

I'm 100% positive we'll get a shitty "rewind time" ending where they all end up back on Earth sometime in the past. It'd be such a cop-out, but I just lost a ton of faith after this season.

Edit: wait the finale is just one hour for next week? How are they gonna wrap this up. This is gonna be really disappointing, isn't it? Damn I hope it's not a huge cliffhanger.
Yep, just one hour next week. This wrap up is gonna be interesting. So far, this season has confused me. I'm gonna binge it later on and see if it makes more sense when you're not waiting so long between episodes.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Yep, just one hour next week. This wrap up is gonna be interesting. So far, this season has confused me. I'm gonna binge it later on and see if it makes more sense when you're not waiting so long between episodes.

I'm sure it'll make more sense, but I think it's clear that something threw this season off a bit. I'm not sure if it's actor / scheduling issues or what, but the abrupt absence of Sanctum, Sheidheda running around for seemingly no real reason, and the unceremonious death of Bellamy all just feel... bad. Like they had too many ideas and not enough time, or too many ideas and improper execution.

Oct 25, 2017

There is that extra minute!

Time rewind would be terrible. Total transcendence of humanity would be terrible.

I think it ends with most of the leads and sanctumites repatriated on earth to repopulate, Clarke dead to bring Madi back. Bardo dead except for Levitt. Stones destroyed.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it'll make more sense, but I think it's clear that something threw this season off a bit. I'm not sure if it's actor / scheduling issues or what, but the abrupt absence of Sanctum, Sheidheda running around for seemingly no real reason, and the unceremonious death of Bellamy all just feel... bad. Like they had too many ideas and not enough time, or too many ideas and improper execution.
I'd imagine Bob being unavailable messed up some things. I think Eliza asked for time off too? Then Madi seems like she was gone for long stretches of time too. Maybe she was filming another show? Gaia was probably busy with Sabrina.

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how hackneyed a lot of the storylines and dialogue have been through the seasons, in hindsight, it seems optimistic that the directors and runners could work around the leads' personal issues and many of the others seemingly growing tired of the show to produce a cohesive end run.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Considering how hackneyed a lot of the storylines and dialogue have been through the seasons, in hindsight, it seems optimistic that the directors and runners could work around the leads' personal issues and many of the others seemingly growing tired of the show to produce a cohesive end run.

I think that's fair to say. This is likely not entirely at the fault of the writers/showrunners. I mean, the backdoor pilot episode was quite good (I think most people agree) and that had almost entirely new actors, so that suggests that writers etc. haven't forgotten how to put together a cool story. It seems reasonable that external factors caused a lot of the issues. Whatever the case may be, I hope we learn more about it in some behind-the-scenes interviews some day. I also will say, The 100 has been such a fun show for me to watch after stumbling onto it sometime near the end of the first season. I'm gonna be sad to see it go, and I don't think any finale, no matter how bad, can completely destroy my love for the series.

Here's to hoping it's a decent finale without a huge deux-ex-machina or time rewind.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out Bellamy died for fuck all, cause the story went there anyway. I should've known it would've been like that.
Also Clarke immediately looking at the gun and I'm like lol what? You seriously want to give up that easy when you live in a universe with all kinds of sci fi shit?

The fact that they brought Earth back this season makes me feel like that's where it'll end.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Turns out Bellamy died for fuck all
We knew that a few seconds after he died because Clarke left the notebook behind. lol

Unless a miracle happens next week I'll always wish the show ended S5 with Clarke and Bellamy watching the video from Monty as they get to their new home.

Oct 25, 2017

I've not watched the last two episodes because it's just gotten so bad, but the last two seasons have this feeling of a show that discovered a new plot but wanted to forget everything before. It almost felt like a soft reboot.

shacklecat

Nov 14, 2017
Emori and Raven's scene was heartbreaking. Raven's had a great arc this season.

Turns out Bellamy died for fuck all, cause the story went there anyway. I should've known it would've been like that.
Also Clarke immediately looking at the gun and I'm like lol what? You seriously want to give up that easy when you live in a universe with all kinds of sci fi shit?
My reading of that moment was that Madi had to die before big bad could take the code. Once they found out he already extracted it there was no need to euthanise her. Clarke didn't give up on her.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
With nothing left to lose Clarke about to Mount Weather the universe.

Though I'm sure she's dying next week, Madi's gonna get a mind drive to move whatever's left of her onto it. That was fucked up and I've really not liked where they went with Madi after leaving Earth.

Mar 9, 2018
I expect cameos in that final episode. Ghosts or the stone makers take the form of characters from the past.

Abby
Finn
Lexa
Mutant Deer from S1
Luna
Everyone is here!

Warning: End-game spoilers
Oh, I think nobody's linked to the extended promo here yet.

Last edited: