• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was supposed to be the finale so I caught up. Now I have to wait again fuuuck.

Oct 25, 2017
3 and 4 compare well, 4 is my favorite. It has a very desperate tone throughout and everything feels earned.

After that you should imagine your own conclusion and hop right off.

Not as pessimistic but yeah, we'll see in a month or so if a slightly modified season 4 ending would have been superior. It seems we're going for some thematic moral and those can be heavily disappointing. I think I read the showrunner was heavily influenced by BSG, whose ending I liked, but very divided.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any chance this is all manipulated VR?

Definitely possible considering the head games they can play, though that cave (eating the lichen, etc) could've been messing with his mind too.

Regardless, Bellamy is still a fuckboy.

I'm with the Free Murphy crew, as long as he and Emori live I'll be good. But I suspect one of them will die considering, against all inkling of their characters, they totally trusted the murderous convict woman to just chill there with questionable rope binds. I'm guessing Emori will die trying to protect Madi or something.

I too was wondering what happened to Jordan's "I know this language!" plotline. It's like the writers completely forgot about it.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Any reason for the huge break? Still working on them?

Just wanna get this ride over with lol (I havent liked this season or the previous)

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Any reason for the huge break? Still working on them?

Just wanna get this ride over with lol (I havent liked this season or the previous)
Probably CW stretching the season out because they have almost nothing to air because of covid and the "fall season" not premiering until January.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Probably CW stretching the season out because they have almost nothing to air because of covid and the "fall season" not premiering until January.

Was afraid of that. Never understood that logic, sometimes the break is so long I forget what happened and it's not like they usually rerun episodes.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
They released the behind the scenes video for next week's episode by accident on YouTube. Lookout for spoilers.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The show is back tonight! Only 4 episodes left!

"For all mankind"

ClearYellowIndianelephant-size_restricted.gif

So far we have come.

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I'm very excited but also very nervous. I hope they don't screw up the last 4 episodes. The Sheidheda story needs to come to an end this episode. I don't want to waste any more episodes with Sanctum and Sheidheda drama.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I'm very excited but also very nervous. I hope they don't screw up the last 4 episodes. The Sheidheda story needs to come to an end this episode. I don't want to waste any more episodes with Sanctum and Sheidheda drama.

I'm worried that there's too much left to cover in four episodes. I have low optimism for the remainder of the season despite mostly enjoying this season.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Well then, one square just got filled tonight. Considering the real life shenanigans, I'm not too plussed about it.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
So....ya'll think he's really dead this time?

Yeaaaah... show runner giving the old "we value him and thank him for so many years and wish him all the best".

I know I said I didn't want him on the show anymore because of his real life shittiness, but... the character deserved better lol. Ignoring the actor, I wish they hadn't bothered to bring the character back and just left him dead after the last time. That was really unsatisfying. There's ways to be subversive and still fulfilling, that was not one of them.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...there must have been some extra weird stuff going on behind the scenes for the show to do Bellamy like that.

Like,

he's absent for most of the final (!) season
everyone is like where is Bellamy
oh there he is but now he's dead :(
oh he's alive :)
brainwash?!
I'm going to give the notepad to dad to start the final war
no don't
yes
kill
you gonna take the notepad with you that you killed your husband for
no I'm going in the wormhole
but the other soldiers will find it, rendering my death pointless
*bloop*

Clarke's crying at the end in the green light was like some weird meme.

my thoughts exactly lmao

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, well yeah then that death sucked but oh well. Clarke crying on the portal was really dumb. Should've just spat her out on the other end, then showed her crying.

As for his actual death, in fine with it. Clarke couldn't let them get to Maddie. She took that shot, thinking that she had more bullets left. After she was out, she didn't have any options but up leave the book behind. The soldier could've killed her right then and there had she gone for the book.

I do wonder if Bob requested this. I know he wanted some time off the show, which is why he was gone for so long.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, the overall execution of everything going down lacked clarity and real emotional weight behind it. I get Bob in real life may have needed a reduced schedule, but the writing for his exit should have been better.

I kind of forgot the significance of Maddie's notebook and drawings, and why in particular that would be so bad if the Disciples got their hands on it. Like they would have seen her weird sketches and decided they needed to kill her right away or something?

Also the flame holding the key to deciphering the last war or being able to start it - I hope they have a good payoff for introducing and leaning on this concept so much in the last season. Overall I think Season 7 just needed tighter focus, too many factions that we don't really care about.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the overall execution of everything going down lacked clarity and real emotional weight behind it. I get Bob in real life may have needed a reduced schedule, but the writing for his exit should have been better.

I kind of forgot the significance of Maddie's notebook and drawings, and why in particular that would be so bad if the Disciples got their hands on it. Like they would have seen her weird sketches and decided they needed to kill her right away or something?

Also the flame holding the key to deciphering the last war or being able to start it - I hope they have a good payoff for introducing and leaning on this concept so much in the last season. Overall I think Season 7 just needed tighter focus, too many factions that we don't really care about.
The sketchbook is important because the flame still figuratively lives on within Maddie. If the cult figures that out, they'll probably torture her to extract whatever info on Becca or whomever they need to start that last war.

Honestly that wasn't clear to me until a few minutes ago. I agree they could've explained that better lol.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

I think in order to make Bellamy's arc at all satisfying in the end, they need to reveal that he was right to believe in the Shepard and that Clarke, Octavia, et al were all wrong to distrust him.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, if Cardigan is the only one with the earth code, how did Gaia and that disciple get there?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The sketchbook is important because the flame still figuratively lives on within Maddie. If the cult figures that out, they'll probably torture her to extract whatever info on Becca or whomever they need to start that last war.

Honestly that wasn't clear to me until a few minutes ago. I agree they could've explained that better lol.

Okay, that makes some sense. Although I've never been the biggest fan of the whole flame concept. The exact info that Maddie could have, acting as a sort of Rosetta stone to start the last war, seems dubious. Especially when Jasper seemed to be able to use his Korean heritage to decipher the translation a different way.

For me the show has excelled when they put the characters in a situation where they need to survive, make 2 difficult choices, etc. The sci-fi particulars could have used another writing pass, lol.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Just wait until Clarke decides to kill Maddie to save her from being tortured. lol

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
OK, three episodes left now? Come on Murphy, hang in there and don't die. You can do it! His happiness and survival is my top priority / hope for the final three episodes.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
OK, three episodes left now? Come on Murphy, hang in there and don't die. You can do it! His happiness and survival is my top priority / hope for the final three episodes.
In the final minute of the final episodes, 10 years into a time jump where everyone is living peacefully, he suddenly threathens Maddie because she is a moody teenager. Clarke is nowhere to be seen. Suddenly sniper bullet through the head.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Erm ok.
They did him wrong, and the only way it all makes sense is if Bill ends up being right...even if in a pessimistic way.

Oct 25, 2017
The reddit forum is hilarious with comparisons to GoT and people refusing to watch the last episodes live.

The death was not great but really guy had been a non figure all season pops back in and then boom.

I think the actors long absence then the two weeks on two weeks off airing schedule killed the impact for me. Maybe a binge viewing run would give it more impact.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I think in order to make Bellamy's arc at all satisfying in the end, they need to reveal that he was right to believe in the Shepard and that Clarke, Octavia, et al were all wrong to distrust him.

Yes, I think that's basically the only way. Either that, or he was actually in some deep double agent role lol.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering, is Sheidheda dead then?
Cause that'd mean it was a big fuckin waste for the whole Sanctum bit to hog all the time it did this season.