• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
10. Afghan Hound – $7,000​
9. Pharaoh Hound – $7,500​
8. Dogo Argentino – $8,000​
7. Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750​
6. Rottweiler – $9,000​
5. Azawakh – $9,500​
4. Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000​
3. Chow Chow – $11,000​
2. Löwchen – $12,000​
1. Samoyed – $14,000​
www.celebritynetworth.com

The 10 Most Expensive Dogs In The World

Dogs are man's (and woman's) best friend. They are loyal companions and if you've been lucky enough to love a dog in your life, well, you know how gre...

How expensive is your dog, Era?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
> Dogo Argentino

good doggo breed name

also wow at rotweillers being that expensive.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My step sister had a Samoyed. I don't imagine she paid that much though.

It was a real dumb dog after it got struck by lightning.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
jesus i was considering one day getting a samoyed but FUCK that price. or any of these dogs.

Go rescue a dog instead, my boy is a good boy.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
We have border collies but went through rescues so basically free outside a donation to a good cause. 2 were puppies, one a 2 year old. Did spend upwards of 100k on my son though, not sure if that counts (fertility treatments)

I was trying to get a Tamaskan but they're sooo rare and hard to find in the US and there are no rescue groups. Gave up after 6 months of looking. Beautiful breed that looks like an actual wolf and from my home country (Finland).

Tamaskan-Dog-Feature.jpg

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
How many genetic diseases in the "pure" breeds?

It's really not right

just get a "dog" and don't support this terrible practice

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I would say a french bulldog is more expensive after you pay for that CT scan to look at his miserable spine and the surgery to cut the palate and open the nostrils and whatever you have to spend to make it a working dog.

Jul 18, 2018
Omg wow, and I thought getting a dog from a breeder was already expensive when I looked it up online (Doberman).

One day I'll find a a rescue one of that breed that I can afford to take care of

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I clicked the link and saw the list.... brb, using my imagination....

The website assumes we know all what all these breeds look like from just the name. I could picture like 3 or 4 by name.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
We have border collies but went through rescues so basically free outside a donation to a good cause. 2 were puppies, one a 2 year old. Did spend upwards of 100k on my son though, not sure if that counts (fertility treatments)

I was trying to get a Tamaskan but they're sooo rare and hard to find in the US and there are no rescue groups. Gave up after 6 months of looking. Beautiful breed that looks like an actual wolf and from my home country (Finland).

Tamaskan-Dog-Feature.jpg

We wanted a Tamaskan as well, but also hard to find in the UK

Seraph84

Banned
May 27, 2020
NYC
I know someone who paid a bit over $3,000 for an AKC bloodline purebred Italian Greyhound.

Personally I would rather adopt a mutt from the pound for $200 or whatever.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People actually pay money for Chows? They're so temperamental and hostile. Every Chow I've been around is unpredictable and prone to attacking something: other large dogs, children, smaller dogs, etc. I love dogs but fuck Chows.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
4339422-0044.jpg

"A Welsh Corgi. They're very sweet but you see them everywhere. I'm afraid they're hardly a rare breed."

Kreve

Design Director
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Mine was a 250 dollar adoption fee from a shelter. Her name is Spoons and she is the best. She ia a crazy mix up of Throwback Pomeranian, Chow and random hunting dogs. You really don't need a pure-bred anything.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
£200 donation for each... Paying thousands for a specific dog breed is awful

Yes I am judging you alllllllllllll

Oct 27, 2017
Great Danes are the best breed. There are dogs and there are Danes, as anyone who has ever been owned by one will attest.

This list is silly because there isn't a set price for any breed of dog. Reputable breeders of the breeds on those lists don't sell dogs for those prices generally.

Great Danes, for example, from reputable breeders range anywhere from $1500 to upwards of $8000. Depends on the lines, depends on if the dog is titled, if they're being used to further a line etc. All of this is sorted out with rights and contracts often between breeders with-in the community and they don't give their dogs to anyone. Potential owners and homes are seriously vetted and if the dog is a pet instead of a conformation dog, they are, obviously, neutered or spayed at the appropriate age.

How many genetic diseases in the "pure" breeds?

It's really not right

just get a "dog" and don't support this terrible practice

I will continue to get my Great Danes from reputable breeders who have spent decades bettering genetics and increasing the longevity of the breed, thanks.

Everybody is free to do what they want but stay away from backyard breeders and designer dog breeds.

cyress8

Avenger
My dogs are mutts that I rescued from work and I think they are Lab & Collie mixed together in there. Probably got a little of whatever the most hyper dog alive in one of em.
They are worth 100k a piece no more, no less.

Seraph84

Banned
May 27, 2020
NYC
If I *was* ever going to get a specific breed, it would be a Shiba Inu. I think they're just the cutest. But I can't in good conscience pay money for a specially bred puppy when over 1,800 dogs are getting euthanized at kill-shelters every single day (in the US alone).
Shiba-Inu-standing-in-profile-outdoors.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
WTF at Samoyed.

I always wanted one of those so bad.

Do your research and learn about reputable breeders in your area if you eventually have the time and ability to get one. The dog community and various breed communities are expansive. Generally Samoyeds are not terribly expensive. You're looking at $1,000 - $4,000. It just depends on the breeder and their lines.
Those prices seem completely false

Because they are lol. It seems like they googled what the most expensive dog in each breed sold for and just went with that. It's certainly not an average or even close to being representative.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
If I *was* ever going to get a specific breed, it would be a Shiba Inu. I think they're just the cutest. But I can't in good conscience pay money for a specially bred puppy when over 1,800 dogs are getting euthanized at kill-shelters every single day (in the US alone).

But those dogs make me sneeze so fuck em

I am joking if it isn't clear

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I have a Rottweiler/hound mutt. Got him for $15 at the shelter. He was 9 weeks old. He's 12 now and just as hyper and goofy as ever.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I our Koda did not cost anywhere near $14K USD. I'm going to ask my roommates real quick what the cost was.

Here is a few months ago when he realised that he can now reach the counters:

Ean6npn_d.jpg

Here is May of last year when he first came home:

QzdffUJ_d.jpg

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

Tamaskan-Dog-Feature.jpg
We wanted a Tamaskan as well, but also hard to find in the UK

I have a Tamaskan! It is extremely difficult to get one due to all the puppy mills selling mixes as Tamaskans but I got my lovely dog about 8 years ago from a place that went out of business.

He's a good boy:
7BZ8G0e.jpg

His name is Fenrir!