• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
I'm talking about when wild animals are preying on another animals.

I just saw a TikTok video of shark trying to eat a turtle in the wild and 80% of the comments are blasting the person who took the video for no helping the turtle.

Do they know how nature works?

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Because people love turtles and well...

rose-win-by-saving-what-we-love.gif

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I judge a person's character primarily by how they treat animals.

If you have an opportunity to save a living being from death and you don't take it and instead opt to get some TikTok likes, then meh, you deserve to get some shit over it.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

If you have an opportunity to save a living being from death and you don't take it and instead opt to get some TikTok likes, then meh, you deserve to get some shit over it.
...how exactly would someone prevent a shark from eating a turtle?

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Nature is nature, but there are some situations where intervention is fine. I would have no issue saving a turtle as long as it put myself in danger

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017

If the shark doesn't eat it will also die.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

And by extension you increase the risk of the predator dying by expending valuable calories on a hunt that was ruined by a human who thinks the bunny or whatever is cute.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
those people dont realize that he did help. he helped the shark get a meal by flocking off and in return he didnt get mutilated.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
You think anyone helped the shark either??
If they did we'd have humans fighting and killing each other, half the folks trying to take the shark's food, the other half trying to stop those folks from stealing the shark's food... In the end, let the animals be animals and stop trying to needlessly interfere. It was going to happen whether nature was documented or not.

Would you run out in front of lions to stop them eating a giraffe they had successfully separated from the herd and cornered?

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Guy should have presented some vegan options to the shark.
That's why I always carry potatoes and celery when I hike. For bears I mean, not sharks.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
If its survival depends on eating this single turtle, it's already dead.
Lol no offense you but your attitude towards an ecosystem's food chain is genuinely ignorant. Again, that's not an insult. You just don't have the requisite knowledge and that's fine.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I saw some video of a jaguar drinking water and it looked up at the douches taking the video for a split second, in that second a croc drags it away into the water.

If those fuckers weren't being so noisy that jaguar wouldn't have been caught and I'd be like fair game croc if it caught the cat lacking.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Interfering with predation between wild animals is nonsense. Predators have to eat too.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017

How on earth do you consider a human being's life of so little value that it's worth risking to save 1 sea turtle?

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
What if the predator is in no way endangered like a coyote and the prey is super endangered like a puffin or something

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Those people are clowns. How the fuck would you like someone taking food out of your mouth that you need to live?? And that was something they had to catch themselves, not roll up into a supermarket and buy.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK

I love animals, literally wouldn't hurt a fly, but that's nature. You intervening by trying to save the turtle is fucked up, shark has to eat too.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

But by saving the turtle you're either starving the shark or forcing it to eat something else it otherwise wouldn't have? No matter what, something is dying, you're just changing which.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Remember the scene in Independence Day with the people trying to welcome and befriend the invading aliens? That's those people.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I just think this is kind of a ...removed take to have. It's like "logically, it's just the food chain, why does it matter?" But like... these are still horrible things to be witnessing so it makes sense people would want to help. I mean we have emotions/feelings we aren't just cold logic.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people are unable to deal with reality. They want life to be like a Disney movie. They think they can hug an icebear.
There is a difference between being kind to animals and thinking you can impose your human moral rules on animals.

Of course it's never fun to see an animal kill another animal.

Last edited:

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the commenters are vegetarian I have some sympathy. Those who aren't--I suspect the vast majority--should be quiet and look to their own hypocrisy.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

If you follow this logic through the categorical imperative you would condemn millions of carnivorous animals to death.