• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
A nice looking "dad bod", at least the kind I think is idealized, sounds like a lot of work. I think a higher body fat percentage on strong guys look great. To call it a "dad body" is underestimating the work it takes on the gym to build that muscle

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, how dare people have a great day.
This thread is full of assholes. Body shaming and shaming people for going to planet fitness(and making up bullshit about it).

Having a great day has nothing to do with it nor body shaming. If they want to have a fun food day There's so many other options, and that's even considering that some pizzas might not be the worst thing for you. It just seems that a fitness facility offering free pizza to its customers doesn't have the customer's best interest in mind.

It would be like hanging up motivational posters that say "Relax, don't try so hard"

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
Having a great day has nothing to do with it nor body shaming. If they want to have a fun food day There's so many other options, and that's even considering that some pizzas might not be the worst thing for you. It just seems that a fitness facility offering free pizza to its customers doesn't have the customer's best interest in mind.
yeah people here are just looking out for others they're the real heroes

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Don't care what the ladies like, I'll keep my shredded abs and stick to my training and lifestyle choices to please myself.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Then I'm fucking ripped.

The hypocrisy and sexism beneath the whole dad bod thing is pretty hilarious.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
That's not a legitimate "dad bod" though. Old-man Kratos is still rippling with muscles. You can see his serratus anterior muscles lining his rib cage and that's to say nothing of the clearly defined abdominal muscles. That's that "I can bench press a small city and I eat clean" body where the muscles have thickened over many years of use and training.

PTCVCKECA5GBLCNDT7FIITCJVU.jpg

THIS is a dad bod (left).
if either of those bodies were attached to a lady I'd prolly be in love hehe

I love the vastly different definitions of Dad Bod in this thread tho

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They have pizza day like once a week right? Calories in, calories out, not much room to tell someone who is actively bettering their health at the gym to not have a slice of pizza.

It depends on your objectives. If you want to reach a 10% BF or lower you better choose other kinds of macros in your diet. Calories are not the only factor.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
I thought the dad bod was a trend a few years ago? I'm surprised people are still talking about it now like it hasn't already been.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to express my thoughts on the matter given the nature of some responses in this thread and the stupidity of the article itself. I'm a fit guy myself, but the truth is some women may be attracted by the so called "dad body" is just a matter of taste preferences and, of course, the other multiple factors that take place in the complexity of a woman finding attractive a man. I've also met women who doesn't like fit guys.

That said is really stupid to think that the majority of women would prefer that kind of body to a fit body which, in my experience, is totally false and straight up nonsense.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
My wife tells me she doesn't like that I'm getting a gut. She says she liked me when I was 130lbs and basically boney.

She can't handle the new dad bod.

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
I don't feel that this healthy, popularizing the dad body. Keeping lean, and actively fit should be the goal, and not it doesn't mean having a perfect six-pack, but it means being able to run 5 minutes with your 10-year-old kid, being able to do those demanding activities with your kid and not be panting after 5 minutes. It also means knowing that it's not great to be constantly eating burgers, drinks sodas etc, as they not only get you a dad body (or worse) but cause severe health problems.

This falls perfectly, into the consumer world we live today, its easier to sell your junk food and drinks if you popularise the dad bod. Frankly, it seems like the industry is trying to do just that.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Well this certainly has been an interesting thread to read ,never thought I'd see "macros" pop up in an Era thread

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Official Staff Communication
The discussion in this thread seems to have run its course. As such it has been locked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.