• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
Reading back on the thread and seeing the already deleted tweets and youtube videos is bit off a trip of how fast a story can update

Its all fun and games when you're accusing a faceless corporation of plagiarism. Not so much when a real persons reputation is at stake. Razor Mom fought the good fight.

Also, lol at all the people tone policing Razor Mom earlier in the thread so they didn't have to apologize. Embarrassing.
But holy hell the tone policing on Razor Mom is so fucking out there
she was just defending her friend from accusations filled with vitriol

Like when the naughtydog incident came out I swear I didn't see anywhere the vitriol as in this thread, it was mainly "lol some intern at naughty dog is gonna get fired"

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
nzfuzSq.jpg

May 26, 2018
Wow. How utterly foolish this was.

Glad someone presumably got to the bottom of it. Hope the kid learns a lesson that isn't just "do better next time"

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
ok be honest y'all how many of you just jumped on the pile cause it was Epic

it's ok we're in a judgement free zone, I believed this shit too hook line and sinker

legit cackling at Jim taking forever on the Steam/Epic videos and then having this one up immediately when he didn't need to tho

May 26, 2018

it's ok we're in a judgement free zone, I believed this shit too hook line and sinker

legit cackling at Jim taking forever on the Steam/Epic videos and then having this one up immediately when he didn't need to tho

Not me... Naughty Dog copied someone's Art for Uc4 iirc and that really sucked too

IT always sucks when it happens

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Do Epic not have enough money to create their own anime OCs, that they have to steal someone elses?

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i still believe the kid

she may have been pressured by epics lawyers to remove all traces

think about it

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017

Problem is, its not just Epic or faceless companies.

Etcetera has a lot of examples where people here jump to the Jugular, and when that is prove false, no one even says "i made a mistake"

I dont talk about public apologies or something dramatic, but really, is that hard to be prudent in that kind of stuff?

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Im just here for the schaudenfraude no matter the side

Even if its my own

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
BronsonLee uodate the thread title since seems some folks can't read the OP. nor the thread

I'm on a mod break

Problem is, its not just Epic or faceless companies.

Etcetera has a lot of examples where people here jump to the Jugular, and when that is prove false, no one even says "i made a mistake"

I dont talk about public apologies or something dramatic, but really, is that hard to be prudent in that kind of stuff?

I wish people would just say 'ay sorry I fucked up, I'll try to not do it again'

It's super cathartic and then you just move on with your day

Im just here for the schaudenfraude no matter the side

Even if its my own

This is me when I eat calzones every day and then wonder why I'm 874 pounds

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017

Not me. I'm mainly on Era for the non-gaming stuff so I've missed most of the Epic controversy. It just never made sense that this professional artist would have to go deeeeep into the furry depths of Deviantart to find a character design. Stranger things have happened but it just seemed off.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao patience is a virtue and all that, plus some of y'all just come across as looking for any ammo to fire in Epic's direction.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019

Guilty. Not so much that I had to get personal towards other members tho D:

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I 100% fell for it, because the dates lined up and I originally had no idea DeviantArt was set up in such a stupid way.

Once there was actual doubt I quickly changed to a wait and see approach and will now totally admit my first post was totally wrong.

BirdUpOnline

Banned
Mar 21, 2019
Honestly this whole situation was a little subject/preposterous from the start.

All the shit Epic had swiped before (ex. the dances, making Fortnite into a muder island game in the the first place, etc) were all things that more than like, 5 people on the internet would've heard off. Epic stealing a poorly drawn DeviantArt OC from someone nobody ever heard of before always felt a little too on the nose for me.

Honestly most of y'all were ready to believe this because of people being mad about Epic's store. Mind you I'm no Tim Sweeny bootlicker they've done plenty of shitty things with their store like buying exclusives way after release plans were well in motion and avoiding the use of the Steam API in some pretty damn questionable ways but this and the "Epic Store is literally spyware" scare is kinda getting ridiculous.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not a fan of companies taking advantage of people who don't have the means to retaliate. That combined with Epic's current abysmal PR situation pushed me to side with the artist. I looked into it, found I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.