• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isnt it just saying at what time you opened it? Theres a commentter on the post of the kids art saying it shows day 89 for him.
Yasumi is talking about the test image astro edited on their own account to check whether the URL would change, etc. Not the image this whole thread is about. EDIT: Ah, you saw that :p.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yasumi is talking about the test image astro edited on their own account to check whether the URL would change, etc. Not the image this whole thread is about. EDIT: Ah, you saw that :p.

Yeah, you are right, I already edited my post. Sorry for the confusion.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Edited my post slightly so it makes more sense without Astro's right above it.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
I have noticed that the image URLs for watermarked vs non-watermarked images have different templates:

Watermarked (one of endercast's images) - https://img00.deviantart.net/cfcb/i/2019/089/7/e/doodle_mierdero_by_endercast-dbcufao.png
Non-Watermarked (one of my images) - https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca8...p/inking_practice_by_ashuratm_dcptjh4-pre.jpg

What stands out is the domain. Watermarked images use deviantart.net and others use wixmp.com.

If endercast modified their image to include the watermark and wixmp.com archived the original image, then a working winxmp.com url to the non-watermarked image must still exist. But wixmp looks like a huge data center with lots of servers, so finding it might be infeasible.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
So we are assuming Epic went and in a month and a half they copied the art (since showing a 13 year old's piece of art could be laughable), got it approved, did the front/side/back views, sent it to outsource (or made it in-house), got it all done, put it into the game and got all the advertising material ready to go? It might be possible since they probably got a smooth workflow by now, but I'm still gonna go and say it's a bit hard to believe.

Specially since usually these skins and whatnot are built way beforehand in case issues arise or designs don't get approved as smoothly.

Again, very hard to believe... not saying it didn't happen since I don't know the truth, but yeah...

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
How do they get a Fortnite skin designed, approved, textured, and sold within a month or two?

That seems like a really fast turnaround even for a smaller company. Something isn't adding up here.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
I have noticed that the image URLs for watermarked vs non-watermarked images have different templates:

Watermarked (one of endercast's images) - https://img00.deviantart.net/cfcb/i/2019/089/7/e/doodle_mierdero_by_endercast-dbcufao.png
Non-Watermarked (one of my images) - https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca8...p/inking_practice_by_ashuratm_dcptjh4-pre.jpg

What stands out is the domain. Watermarked images use deviantart.net and others use wixmp.com.

If endercast modified their image to include the watermark and wixmp.com archived the original image, then a working winxmp.com url to the non-watermarked image must still exist. But wixmp looks like a huge data center with lots of servers, so finding it might be infeasible.

Oh that's interesting.

So basically we just wait and see if DA can get access to the image(s) before it was Watermarked and/or edited. I wonder if they archived that in any way.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
How do they get a Fortnite skin designed, approved, textured, and sold within a month or two?

That seems like a really fast turnaround even for a smaller company. Something isn't adding up here.
That's what I said earlier, too. And this is assuming it wasn't outsourced (they use art and 3D outsource companies for Fortnite). If outsourced, getting the whole thing done that fast is quite something. And that's assuming the Epic artists like going to Devianart (lmao) on a daily basis to search for 13 year old's pieces of art to steal.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
This thread course was really funny

"fuck epic you thieves!!!"

*The claims of the kid are fake*

"oh well... fuck epic anyway!!!"

Just like good' ol neogaf days.

Still, Devianart really is a mess.
Don't forget the very sore wrong admittings and apologies. Very weird behaviour.

Last edited:

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
That's what I said earlier, too. And this is assuming it wasn't outsourced (they use art and 3D outsource companies for Fortnite). If outsourced, getting the whole thing done that fast is quite something. And that's assuming the Epic artists like going to Devianart (lmao) on a daily basis to search for 13 year old's pieces of art to steal.
The first of that art is from 2017, not only a month or two. Anyway, it seems it was faked by the kid (edited on DA).

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think most professional artists browse deviant art looking at OCs made by kids for inspiration. I'm not surprised this turned out to be fake.

lori

Oct 25, 2017
Others here should second check that cache to make sure, but yeah it seems that's it.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much confirmed its fake then. Someone has to have a really serious and long talk with the kid about this stuff.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i'm seeing this being linked around

I found another site where they'd uploaded their art, and that would fall chronologically with the other art around the changed picture.
https://toyhou.se/Shaderway/art?page=3

mjjSnxW_d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.