• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
I've been a little bored and decided to watch some old tournaments and then the Lord decides to put this in my path again.

As YipeS would say, this was "a certified bussass"

If you guys want a little context you can check out this video

But basically, PL decided to call SonicFox after they won a tournament and Sonic wasn't having none of that and bodied PL 10-0, after losing the first 10 matches PL thought it was a good idead to talk shit and got his ass handed to him 3 more times in a row.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
when you play against sonic fox and end up being the one with a tail between your legs

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
One of the all time great moments, but very sad how this came to define Carl. He was an incredible player in his own right at his peak.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it was the hat, he lost because of the hat. why did he not take off that hat.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shame that this brought PL down to LowTierGod levels of meme fuckery when he didn't deserve all that.

That said, shit was HILARIOUS live.

OP
OP

Deleted member 56065

Apr 18, 2019
One of the all time great moments, but very sad how this came to define Carl. He was an incredible player in his own right at his peak.
Oh absolutely, like the guy or not, he was a two time Evo champion, but he started to loose his way and decided that the way to compensate that was going around and talking shit about everyone

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
The post covid tournament scene is going to be hype. There is so much pent up from only doing online tournaments.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Sonicfox is an all timer.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
You think it will even be alive outside of Capcom Cup? Many tourneys bankrupted straight up by COVID.
depends on how many venues are even around by the time we can have majors again. also depends on the financial status of those that used to throw events and the volunteers they depend on. i imagine many of the venues left might give events good deals to get some cash but i'm also not sure if the events might get many people like they used to.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I feel so bad for Perfect Legend since anytime someone mentions him this is immediately brought up

Edit: And now at the risk of sounding like a hypocrite, this youtube comment had me dead:

I think PL should change his name to Hannah Baker because he got 13 reasons why

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been a little bored and decided to watch some old tournaments and then the Lord decides to put this in my path again.

As YipeS would say, this was "a certified bussass"

If you guys want a little context you can check out this video

But basically, PL decided to call SonicFox after they won a tournament and Sonic wasn't having none of that and bodied PL 10-0, after losing the first 10 matches PL thought it was a good idead to talk shit and got his ass handed to him 3 more times in a row.

I went into this wanting to watch a funny video and it got really sad.

Man got cocky over a video game and randoms fling shit at him every day since.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I watched this shit live and died laughing. Perfect legend is such a fucking goof with an over inflated ego. Fox putting him in his place was amazing. .

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
what makes this more than the blowout is PL reeling from it

trying and saying ANYTHING to try and distract from the absolute trouncing

'bad fundamentals' bruh them fundies just got you 0-10

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I'd never watched it either and man Spooky begging PL to shut up is hilarious. Yipes up and left, the Ricki Oh was on deck...glad I finally watched it.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Shame that this brought PL down to LowTierGod levels of meme fuckery when he didn't deserve all that.

That said, shit was HILARIOUS live.

Nah, LowTierGod is probably the absolute rock bottom. PL can still kinda sorta back up his talk online

hell, I'd probably give DSP more respect than LTG as a player and even a human being, and that bar is almost as low as the center of the fucking planet

OP
OP

Deleted member 56065

Apr 18, 2019
Nah, LowTierGod is probably the absolute rock bottom. PL can still kinda sorta back up his talk online

hell, I'd probably give DSP more respect than LTG as a player and even a human being, and that bar is almost as low as the center of the fucking planet
Yeah, PL can still play well, he's just not as good as he used to be. LTG is pure trash as a human and as player like you said.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I still go back and watch it because it's still really entertaining but it doesn't bring me as much joy as it did then. Since 13-0, I don't think PL is able to enjoy Mortal Kombat as much as he could because now he's become the butt of everyone's joke. Mentally that has to be draining and it makes me feel bad. He's still a great player.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PL gets punished for teleporting probably 50 times in this set and yet he kept going for teleports.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
I think receiving abuse and harassment for something as inconsequential as this are sad, but I respect that you have your own view.
wasn't perfect legend known for hating on anybody that came up in his scene? maybe i'm thinking of somebody else but he always seemed to have beef with the top players for whatever reason or thought they were scrubs.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
wasn't perfect legend known for hating on anybody that came up in his scene? maybe i'm thinking of somebody else but he always seemed to have beef with the top players for whatever reason or thought they were scrubs.
he's also had his share of dumbass takes about the scene, even recently like when he said NRS made a character specifically for Sonic Fox to use in tournaments

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I watched that live. I have no idea what kept him going other than pride. It was like the IRL equivelant watching someone do 200.6% castle completion in the context of a fighting game FT10.

Oct 29, 2017
he's also had his share of dumbass takes about the scene, even recently like when he said NRS made a character specifically for Sonic Fox to use in tournaments

He tries to blame that on "coming up in arcade culture" in the second video, but even other FGC types have called him out for being a douche.

I saw this match live and still couldn't believe how it went down. It was an L so big it broke math.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I watched that live. I have no idea what kept him going other than pride. It was like the IRL equivelant watching someone do 200.6% castle completion in the context of a fighting game FT10.
Losing 10-0, especially to one of the best FGC players in the world, is nothing to be ashamed about. It would've been fine if he had taken the L, said his GGs, and left the stage.

Instead he decided he wanted MORE. This FT10 would've just been a fun but ultimately forgettable event had PL not opened his big mouth.

OP
OP

Deleted member 56065

Apr 18, 2019
Losing 10-0, especially to one of the best FGC players in the world, is nothing to be ashamed about. It would've been fine if he had taken the L, said his GGs, and left the stage.

Instead he decided he wanted MORE. This FT10 would've just been a fun but ultimately forgettable event had PL not opened his big mouth.
The problem is that he called SonicFox out and pretty much said they was a shitty player who had "bad fundamentals".
Those bad fundamentals just kicked his ass and he wanted more.
Dude is just a overconfident player with a overinflated ego