• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

aerobinson

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
All but two games on my wishlist went on sale. And I have a lot of games on that list. Shit.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
kl0LrDS.jpg

B-but...CrossCode... 😔

Pay full price if you can afford it. The game is amazing.

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Anyone familiar with how Hitman 2 DLC works? I have the vanilla version of Hitman 2 and I don't own Hitman 1, and I want to buy the DLC that lets you play all the Hitman 1 levels in 2. There are two different Hitman GOTY Legacy Packs on Steam, though, one just called GOTY Legacy Pack and one GOTY Legacy Pack Upgrade. I'm guessing that the one titled 'Upgrade' is for if you already owned Hitman 1 and just want to unlock the levels in 2, and the non-Upgrade one is if you don't own Hitman 1 and want to buy the levels as DLC for 2, is that right?

EDIT - This actually seems way more confusing than I thought. Googling gives me a bunch of conflicting and possibly out of date information about a non-GOTY Legacy Pack, which doesn't even seem to be on Steam :P

It looks to me like the GOTY Legacy Pack is for people who own Hitman 2 only, and want to own all Hitman 1 content including its DLCs. The GOTY Legacy Pack Upgrade is for people who own Hitman 2 and already have the base Hitman 1 content too, but not the DLC content. So buying the Upgrade is only the DLC content. If you look at the non-sale prices of each, you can see that the Legacy Pack is considerably more expensive because it has all of Hitman 1 content + DLC content. It's just that it's received a substantial discount.

Basically what I'm saying is, you're definitely looking to buy the GOTY Legacy Pack, as that comes with all Hitman 1 content, and considering it's the same price as the upgrade right now, it's a no-brainer.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
It looks to me like the GOTY Legacy Pack is for people who own Hitman 2 only, and want to own all Hitman 1 content including its DLCs. The GOTY Legacy Pack Upgrade is for people who own Hitman 2 and already have the base Hitman 1 content too, but not the DLC content. So buying the Upgrade is only the DLC content. If you look at the non-sale prices of each, you can see that the Legacy Pack is considerably more expensive because it has all of Hitman 1 content + DLC content. It's just that it's received a substantial discount.

Basically what I'm saying is, you're definitely looking to buy the GOTY Legacy Pack, as that comes with all Hitman 1 content, and considering it's the same price as the upgrade right now, it's a no-brainer.

Yeah, that's about what I thought. The prices are the same right now, but one has a higher base price and a deeper discount, so presumably that's the more valuable one. Thanks for the help!

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's been a long time coming but I finally picked up the Half-Life games from the sale. That's probably all I'm going to get this time around. Backlog is already big enough as it is and I want to spend the Christmas season playing some of those games.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
That banner in the store looks incredible, can't stop looking at it. And I don't remember Valve ever acknowledging the gaben like that themselves.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm so happy Steam matched the Xbox Black Friday price on RE2. I was very close to picking it up for my X and I have been waiting for it to drop below $20 for a while...

Excelsior

Oct 28, 2017
can anyone help me remember, has Baba is You been bundled or offered ofr free? I wonder if there's a site for this very purpose.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played an Ace Attorney game, is it good, like really really good? I was waiting for a deeper discount.
Would you recommend getting it on Steam or the Switch?

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I've never played an Ace Attorney game, is it good, like really really good? I was waiting for a deeper discount.
Would you recommend getting it on Steam or the Switch?
Switch.

It's the best for laying in bed and play/reading it like a book. Ace Attorney is one of my favorite series of all time. SO YES, buy that ASAP.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Ahh what was wrong with it? Runs fine (on PC). I know there were some people complaining about localization or translation or something?

I'm not a super fan of the Ys series, so I thought it was all great and didn't notice anything. I know that was rabble rousing when it was released on PC. I also played the Switch version, but you NEED that 60 FPS in an action game like this. It's not as fun at 30 FPS because you can't time the dodges and guards perfectly.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh what was wrong with it? Runs fine (on PC). I know there were some people complaining about localization or translation or something?

I'm not a super fan of the Ys series, so I thought it was all great and didn't notice anything. I know that was rabble rousing when it was released on PC. I also played the Switch version, but you NEED that 60 FPS in an action game like this. It's not as fun at 30 FPS because you can't time the dodges and guards perfectly.
I think it had some technical issues, probably crashing and such, at launch.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I think it had some technical issues, probably crashing and such, at launch.
I haven't experienced any technical issues with the PC version. Like I mentioned, the Switch version is locked at 30 FPS which is fine if you're playing at an easier difficulty level. But if you're playing on Nightmare (like you should) then you need that frame precision when perfect guarding and dodging. It's super fun!

Again, I really recommend it. I think if you're into JRPG nonsense, you'd enjoy this game. It's a lot of dumb Anime nonsense with a great combat system. The exploration isn't open world but hub-based like Monster Hunter, but there's so much to fight and explore.

Just a great game!

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
CrossCode is one of the best RPGs in recent times. It is gorgeous, has amazinggg music, fun fast paced gameplay, lots of puzzles, quests, skill trees.
It is a stunning game and worth more than full price so I highly recommend it to you if you like RPGs :)
CrossCode look a bit like Golden Sun with the rpg element and puzzle minus the summons and turn base

Mar 22, 2019
Is Stellaris "worth it"? Been meaning to pick it up for a while but the sale prices are damn good ($15 for base game and $4 for each DLC).
Just worried as its a bit 'old'...

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Every time I see these Steam sales it causes me to search around online. Are sites like Gamebillet and DLgamer legit? They have 2 games I want for cheaper than Steam.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Is Stellaris "worth it"? Been meaning to pick it up for a while but the sale prices are damn good ($15 for base game and $4 for each DLC).
The base game is on Game Pass if you want to try it out without worrying about a refund window, along with all the other reasons GP is worth it. DLC isn't included, although it does all have a very marginal discount in the Xbox Store right now.

SystemShark

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary
Bummer. I am hoping to grab an Xbox One controller on a BF sale and the $5 Steam controller would have been a great substitute.

Steam doesn't ship hardware to Canada?

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I highly recomend stellaris if you are looking for its style. you don't need to fear its old because the base game is updated with every DLC. I managed to put 330h and i'm still not tired of the game. It is a joy to play whether in SP or in MP.
Also PDS supported CK2 for 7 years. Stellaris will probably be supported for a few more years at the very least.

IMO with the winter sale looming i'd buy just the base game and if you like it then pick the DLC you desire during the winter sale.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder why Monster Hunter still only goes down to $30. I know it came out earlier on consoles, but you can regularly find it on PS4/X1 for ~$15, sometimes even before Black Friday week.
EDIT: Even RE2 and DMC which are newer titles are cheaper. What's up with that?

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
I could get RE2 and DMC5 for like $15 on another site but don't really want to as I'm sure they'll eventually be in Humble Monthly or game pass or something like that. Don't think I've actually bought something during one of these sales except dlc for euro/american truck simulator or PinballFX dlc in quite awhile.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder why Monster Hunter still only goes down to $30. I know it came out earlier on consoles, but you can regularly find it on PS4/X1 for ~$15, sometimes even before Black Friday week.
EDIT: Even RE2 and DMC which are newer titles are cheaper. What's up with that?
Probably still selling really fucking well.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I could get RE2 and DMC5 for like $15 on another site but don't really want to as I'm sure they'll eventually be in Humble Monthly or game pass or something like that. Don't think I've actually bought something during one of these sales except dlc for euro/american truck simulator or PinballFX dlc in quite awhile.
I dunno, Monster Hunter still hasn't gone all that deep, even RE7 hasn't hit a bundle I think. $15 is probably going to be the floor on both of those for a decent while.