• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you can tell how his time in 'Nam and the murder of Goofey really broke Mickey and made him into the genocidal monster he is today. But then again, without that ruthlessness, could he have ever lead an empire that took over most of the cinema industry?

Oct 27, 2017
j31T0QKl.png

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
This guy has some pretty wild stuff. Like this one where mr.Clean becomes an scp.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

Fun fact! Disney had a hard time figuring out what to do with Mickey during WW2, and found Donald and Goofy far easier to use in shorts and propaganda (I think even Minnie and Pluto had more war years screen time in shorts than Mickey did?).

Apparently there is a shot of him in uniform in a background at one point, though, so he did serve.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
That's not Mickey. When he stands at profile to the screen, his ears don't follow like they're supposed to.

Oct 27, 2017
Fun fact! Disney had a hard time figuring out what to do with Mickey during WW2, and found Donald and Goofy far easier to use in shorts and propaganda (I think even Minnie and Pluto had more war years screen time in shorts than Mickey did?).

Apparently there is a shot of him in uniform in a background at one point, though, so he did serve.
In the comic strips he tries to join the army twice (in "The Black Crow Mystery", which is where the panels I posted comes from, and in a later story), but he's rejected since he's too short.

I don't think they even made a short or a movie with Mickey during WW2. He was going to appear in "Saludos Amigos", but his segment got cut and recycled as the short "Pluto and the Armadillo".

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
In the comic strips he tries to join the army twice (in "The Black Crow Mystery", which is where the panels I posted comes from, and in a later story), but he's rejected since he's too short.

I don't think they even made a short or a movie with Mickey during WW2. He was going to appear in "Saludos Amigos", but his segment got cut and recycled as the short "Pluto and the Armadillo".

According to Wikipedia there was a couple in '42 but they easily could have entered production before Pearl Harbor happened and Disney kinda got taken over by the military. The Walt Disney Family Museum was running a whole exhibit about the war years which I bought the book for since, you know, COVID and everything kinda prevents me from going to the museum. The book was really interesting but not as long as I would have liked.