• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all know the one I'm referring to. Eliza goes into a forest where a local girl went missing and finds out the legend of her ghost is real. Here's the IMDb description.

Naimina Enkijio

Challenging an ancient Massai legend, Eliza marches into a "haunted" forest to prove her bravery. Now, with night falling, Eliza must place her trust in the mysterious legends of the Massai in order to find her way safely through the dark forest.

Seriously everything about this episode scared the shit out of me as a child. Eliza seeing the girls ghost in her reflection (in a swamp that supposedly drowns people)

to the ending image of the girls ghost materializing in a tree watching over Eliza

naiminaenkijio2.png

And the scary part is the forest and the legend of the missing girl are real.

Loita Forest - Wikipedia

What other children's shows have one spooky episode that scared you as a child?

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Courage the Cowardly Dog has multiple.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Hey Arnold - Haunted Train episode.

30 years old and I still get uncomfortable thinking about that episode.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Someone post that damn gum monster from Ghost Writer, I'm too much of a coward to look it up.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Rocko's Modern Life.

"But wait... who took the picture?!"

I still shudder even to this day. 2spoopy7me.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Arnold had the boarding house ghost, the haunted train, the haunted carriage, wheezin Ed, and the bride

Rugrats had the Aaah! Real Monsters crossover and the robot episode.

All Grown Up had Interview with a Campfire

KingBrave

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Punky Brewster had a two parter and I was so scared after the first episode that I stopped watching the show. Still don't know how it ended.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The opening scene alone of the train going across the viaduct scared the piss out of me as a kid, I couldn't even watch the rest of the episode until a few months later
I actually didn't find this episode very scary at 4-5 years old. What did scare me was the episodes where the diesel engines got all angry, growling and rattling, like Pop Goes The Diesel and Daisy. For the latter I had to ask my mom sit with me for it lol

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
The Kenan and Kel movie about the headless horseman fucked me up as a kid

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Little Mermaid cartoon had an episode that scared the shit out of me where a scientist is creating mutated super crabs, and has an imprisoned boy as his slave.

www.dailymotion.com

s3e03 Island of Fear - video Dailymotion

The Little Mermaid

This was the only good quality version I could find (it's in Russian I believe), but some of the visuals are still pretty damn unsettling tbh.

Last edited:

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all know the one I'm referring to. Eliza goes into a forest where a local girl went missing and finds out the legend of her ghost is real. Here's the IMDb description.

Seriously everything about this episode scared the shit out of me as a child. Eliza seeing the girls ghost in her reflection (in a swamp that supposedly drowns people)

to the ending image of the girls ghost materializing in a tree watching over Eliza

naiminaenkijio2.png

And the scary part is the forest and the legend of the missing girl are real.

Loita Forest - Wikipedia

What other children's shows have one spooky episode that scared you as a child?
I knew exactly what you were talking about as soon as I read your thread title, OP.

On a side note, The Wild Thornberrys was a very underrated Nickelodeon cartoon.

Dec 30, 2020
The Halloween episode of Punky Brewster called "Perils of Punky" scared the life out of young me.

www.yahoo.com

Inside 'The Perils of Punky,' the 'Punky Brewster' Episode That Scarred You For Life

How about this one? Or maybe this? Don’t worry; you’re not going crazy. You just had your mind warped by Punky Brewster as a child.

Even looking back on it now, it's not, "haha I was scared of THAT" but rather it's, "holy crap that's STILL legit terrifying."