• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
That moment in a single image?

g0067079myk2w.jpg

Why yes, I believe so. (no memes pls)

jumpman2.gif

Well that was a thing. Surprisingly no nerves or worry involved at any point. Was certainly a different sort of angle to see (1) a flying plane and (2) a rainbow. Only 19 more of these moments to get solo licensed (lol). No I absolutely did NOT tell mom first. Could you even imagine. Oh, and roller coasters are probably ruined forever.

So what did you do today, Era? šŸ™ƒ

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Glad you enjoyed it. Man I'd be shitting bricks. I know my mom has gone a few times and loved it but heights really get me... Those are some amazing pics though

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I went skydiving a few years ago in MA. One of the instructors and a student died a few years back from a parachuting accident.

I'd do it again but damn if it's a bummer of a way to go out.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017

g0067079myk2w.jpg

jumpman2.gif

Well that was a thing. Surprisingly no nerves or worry involved at any point. Was certainly a different sort of angle to see (1) a flying plane and (2) a rainbow. Only 19 more of these moments to get solo licensed (lol). No I absolutely did NOT tell mom first. Could you even imagine. Oh, and roller coasters are probably ruined forever.

For a minute I thought you were a pilot and you abandoned the plane to skydive and forgot nobody could pilot it back to ground.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you're living your life, dude. Keep stacking experiences.

Me? I'll keep my feet on the ground with the rest of us chickens.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

g0067079myk2w.jpg

jumpman2.gif

I haven't seen Montell Williams in a minute, glad to see him doing ok

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
B9431FD37BE370252C8EDDE98E8F68E35C8401F9

Props to you, and specially to the instructor! Everyone I know who's done skydiving had a great time because of how chill and calm the instructors were, specially helping eliminate any possible fears or nerves like you said.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I did my daily exercises and my body thanked me with painful abdominal cramps...

When you say solo licensed does that mean for parachuting?

OP
OP
Dreams-Visions
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Dude that's awesome. I've always wanted to do this.

As for me I slept in late for once, went to lunch with my wife and then got a haircut.

OP
OP
Dreams-Visions
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Nigga you stupid for this, but we're glad you survived. It looks beautiful up there. Also on the next adventure vid that as well.
You know we don't even swim but I'm finna get that Nox scuba diving license next month.

Also I'mma have to get me a GoPro. The video quality is impressive.

That first image needs to be your new avatar.
Was thinking the same. I'll get on that. lol

Dude that's awesome. I've always wanted to do this.

As for me I slept in late for once, went to lunch with my wife and then got a haircut.
That sounds like a good day to me.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The only thing that made OP come down was the weight of his balls.

big nope for me. Congrats man

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I... uh... well I didn't wake up with a hangover since a stupid headache kept me in bed yesterday (missed a bday party), played some Bayonetta, went to get some clothes tailored for a party I got later today. Was supposed to go to the movies and watch Yesterday, but the online platform for the theater I go to was acting up and I couldn't buy tickets, so I'm stuck home right now watching Saint Seiya on Netflix and will probably play some more Bayonetta and The Last Guardian before going out to party.
Also, I don't think I'll ever have the balls to do that shit OP, good on you.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I've wanted to skydive for a while. I just don't want to do tandem which is the requirement for someone without enough drops most (maybe all) places that do this have. Looks fun though.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I had the idea that somehow trying to parachute would be helpful with me being afraid of heights. So I tried a solo jump many many moons ago.

It did not help. Like... at all.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
That face is priceless! Glad you had fun. I haven't jumped in about ten years even though I live right by probably the most popular skydiving spot in Southern California.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Dude this is wildly impressive.

I thought about doing this one day....today is not it.

I slept in with the wife until the kid got us up and have been grinding in Destiny 2 for a little bit.

Chronus

Nov 2, 2017
Winner.

OT: I love the idea of the fall, but the jump... Man I'd be a wreck.
It's actually a lot easier than you might think. Since I lived on a first floor apartment for most of my life, even looking out of a 3rd or 4th floor would make me queezy. However, when I did a tandem jump, the height was such, combined with the absence of a point of reference, that it simply looked like you were looking at a rug with a picture of a satƩlite vire. Drop was dope and then the slow glide down was so peaceful. I recommend everyone do something similar at least once.
Edit: I had also never flown on a plane before, so it was double the fun.

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats, OP! It's really great that you have a record of your jump like that!

Years ago I earned a private pilot's license and logged over a hundred hours of flying time, but I never, ever had the urge to try skydiving.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Screw the OP!! I want memes!!!!

...I'm stuck at work....to chicken shit to do this anyways but good on ya OP!!!

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
Sky diving is amazing, I've jumped solo but only at 3000 feet. 15 000... o_O

Last edited: