• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
www.cbr.com

Thor: Galactus Levels Up to Achieve His Final Form

In Donny Cates and Nic Klein’s Thor #4, Galactus consumes all the planets that will help him face the Black Winter to achieve his final form.

Thor willingly chose to become the Devourer of Worlds' new herald to ensure the races on the planets he consumed wouldn't be killed. In Thor #2, the God of Thunder made sure the inhabitants of the first world were safely evacuated before Galactus ate. When Galactus consumed the planet meant to power him up, its effects were instantaneous: his armor evolved and he began to glow with a different kind of energy.
Super-Charged-Galactus-Thor.jpg

THOR2020004-ReviewCopy-18.png

Lets see how long he keeps it, cause Black Panther had fixed him, but they ain't going to let a brother keep a W like that

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
well...at least the costume/character designer will get paid.'

although Thor still looks like a refugee from the New Universe, so maybe they won't get paid much...

the 1980s called and Justice wants his look back.

Katori

Oct 30, 2017
Nice anime arc. How did BP "fix" him and when (if ever) will we know what the Black Winter is?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Has this run been good? I haven't kept with it since Aaron's run ended, and the last issue of King Thor felt like the last Thor I needed to read for a while anyway.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, I really like what Cates has been doing, but OTOH, I loved the Ultimates.
Still, SSJ3 Galactus and Mystic Thor.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
The Black Winter eh? How many of these "ancient enemies of Galactus" has there been now? Hunger, Tenebrous and Aegis, Abraxas...

Kace

Feb 10, 2020
the system
The black winter apparently affects on a omniversal scale since its going to destroy DC too.

Also from little excerpts in both DC and Marvel comics sometime in the near future King Thor Herald of Thunder and the Immortal Hulk are going to jump Superman and put him in such a bad spot that Doomsday of all characters will sacrifice himself to try to save him.

New Crossover coming soon?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The black winter apparently affects on a omniversal scale since its going to destroy DC too.

Also from little excerpts in both DC and Marvel comics sometime in the near future King Thor Herald of Thunder and the Immortal Hulk are going to jump Superman and put him in such a bad spot that Doomsday of all characters will sacrifice himself to try to save him.

New Crossover coming soon?

wow really?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

yeah, look at the 2nd image

yooooo that's kinda dope. I mean, I would actually be into the idea of a threat to both universes without it even being a crossover tbh. If this isnt actually "official" tho, that is WAY cheekier than the "justice league" Dr. Strange killed in Avengers back when Hickman was writing.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I assume it's not an actual crossover and it's just an reference. It's not unheard of. But I've fallen behind on my comics lately so idk. A proper crossover that's planned between some of the best writers at both companies would be incredibly cool but is it even possible it could work? Legitimately as a story I mean?

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
And sometimes Galactus looks like a cloud of smoke!

That movie was bad, though it did force me to realize--despite all the evidence staring at me, for years, including his name--that the Silver Surfer was silver-colored. I guess I just assumed he was white-colored because that's how he was drawn. I would have loved to have seen a gigantic purple Galactus on the screen! Just like for Dr. Doom, don't shy away from the comic-book-ness of the source.

Nov 30, 2017
Nice anime arc. How did BP "fix" him and when (if ever) will we know what the Black Winter is?

it was actually Blue Marvel who converted Galactus to lifebringer. But because of Secret Wars the cosmic hierarchy was in disarray so Master Order and Lorde Chaos killed the Living Tribunal and converged into One being forgot his name (think it was Logos). Which paved the way for the First Firmament, which was the first Universe (Currently on the 8th Multiverse) to return. (He had chained Eternity). In order to beat the First Firmamnet Galactus has to team up with Ego the Planet and revert back to being the devourer

read Ultimates and Ultimates2 by Al Ewing it was awesome.

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Dear Comic Book People,

please explain why Galactus wears a helmet.

Sincerely,
L Thammy

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Question- how would Thor Ragnarok Hela have coped 1:1 with Thanos?
Well movie Hela is hella watered down. She is the third most powerful Asgardian aster Odin and Karnalla. But even then comic Thanos would have probably beaten her. He gave Odin a good going, and Hela is scared of Odin. Fun fact Hela has her own version of the Ironfist, it is called the Hand of Glory. She once used it to literally knock the jaw off Thor

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well movie Hela is hella watered down. She is the third most powerful Asgardian aster Odin and Karnalla. But even then comic Thanos would have probably beaten her. He gave Odin a good going, and Hela is scared of Odin. Fun fact Hela has her own version of the Ironfist, it is called the Hand of Glory. She once used it to literally knock the jaw off Thor

whoa thanos fought Odin!?
Brb.