• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
I forgot to mention Olivier Deriviere. He has made lots of Focus Home Interactive soundtracks and he worked on Assassin's Creed IV soundtrack too. His work is impeccable and THIS song is everything.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted to open this thread to say Focus Home Interactive THANK YOU. Thank you for being one of the few publishers that has really taken risks this gen. Thank you for bringing us mature stories as Vampyr's. Thank you for not being as coward as big publishers and releasing Call of Cthulhu next to Red Dead Redemption 2. Thank you for making A Plague Tale: Innocence one of the best games this year. And thank you for showing BioWare and EA what GreedFall is and what people exactly want.

I'm really excited for next gen and what Focus Home Interactive will bring.
It's really crazy that 2 of 4 the studios behind the games you bring up were also recently acquired by Big Ben, but yeah, thank you to both the pub and the devs and wish them all a lot more of success in the future

OP
OP
Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
It's really crazy that 2 of 4 the studios behind the games you bring up were also recently acquired by Big Ben, but yeah, thank you to both the pub and the devs and wish them all a lot more of success in the future

BigBen is doing great moves. But to me it's Focus the special one. It's the developper that has brought something different and original this gen. It's thanks to them I didn't give up on videogames these years. And I'm sure these teams are going to do amazing jobs on BigBen too.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Hype !
image.png

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
BigBen is doing great moves. But to me it's Focus the special one. It's the developper that has brought something different and original this gen. It's thanks to them I didn't give up on videogames these years. And I'm sure these teams are going to do amazing jobs on BigBen too.

I'm actually very concerned by the BigBen acquisitions given the shit they have pulled with Tennis World Tour... Wish they had collaborated again with Focus Hone Interactive. Let's hope they'll do better in the future.

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played Greedfall yet but I definitely agree that I like what Focus has put out this gen.

I really enjoyed Bound by Flame in the early ps4 years and Vampyr was incredible.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France

lol fuck BigBen as long as they have scum like Alain Falc at the top of the company

Focus rocks though

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
Since you two are here, do you have any info if/when we can expect new print of A Plague Tale for PS4 discs? I've been checking my go-to store (The Game Collection) for a couple of months now, and it's still out of stock :(
I'm not sure, but the official site should have a list of places that still have copies - we know there's still a decent number around.

ChaosSmurf Velociraptom when is Insurgency coming to PS4, friends?
Development is ongoing, that's about all I can say right now.

OP
OP
Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
Unfortunately, the Werewolf game, along with Cyanide, are now part of BigBen's portfolio.

It remains to be seen what this means for the game and how much budget BigBen is willing to give its new acquisitions.

Really? I thought there was stilla a contract between Focus Home and the game.

Jun 7, 2018
Germany
Thanks Focus <3

A Plague Tale is my personal GOTY right now and I'm having so much fun with Greedfall. Also loved Vampyr last year. I'm very excited what's next.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Also a big THANK YOU for releasing both Vampyr and Call of Cthulhu on the Nintendo Switch, will definitely grab them there (provided the ports are halfway decent, ofc). Can't wait to check them out!
I second this. Both Vampyr and Call of Cthulhu are already on my Switch wish list, just waiting for then to come out, as long as the ports are reasonably good I will buy.

OP
OP
Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
I'm curious. What's your favourite Focus game and why? Not talking about the best games, just asking THAT ONE that's special because emotional reasons.

Mine is Call of Cthulhu. I had such an intense month, I just wanted Halloween to arrive (my favourite time of the year). And then bought it on 30th I think and cannot play anything else. Just the perfect game at the perfect time.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yeah, the industry BADLY needs more publishers like Focus. Hats off to them.

Too bad that they couldn't get Spiders for a much longer partnership. GreedFall is amazing and I'd love to see a sequel with more Focus support.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember Focus being kind of a joke among "enthusiast" circles because they started publishing Farming Simulator a few years ago. And then a few years later they kept getting more and more attention with some of their more unique stuff like Styx. I think that's when they sort of started to turn around their image and people finally started to take notice when The Surge came out. Since then they've released lots of really cool shit that larger publishers would have skipped for whatever reason. The Council, Vampyr, Call of Cthulhu, A Plague Tale and now Greedfall. It's been fantastic to follow their upward trajectory.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I second this. Both Vampyr and Call of Cthulhu are already on my Switch wish list, just waiting for then to come out, as long as the ports are reasonably good I will buy.

Good to see people buying Focus games on Switch. Maybe this would lead to Focus porting more of their games to Switch it the future. I'd love to see A Plague Tale and GreedFall on Switch someday.

OP
OP
Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
Yeah, the industry BADLY needs more publishers like Focus. Hats off to them.

Too bad that they couldn't get Spiders for a much longer partnership. GreedFall is amazing and I'd love to see a sequel with more Focus support.

I know, but Focus is great finding new talents (like they did with The Council and Big Bad Wolf). I'm sure they're already working with new teams with amazing ideas.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, Focus is on a roll lately. Hopefully we'll keep getting bold and unconventional games out of those partnerships with Dontnod and Asobo.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Disliked Vampyr quite a bit sadly. However....

Love Focus. The Technomancer, The Surge, The Council and other games starting with 'The' by them have been fantastic XD Really looking forward to playing Plague Tale, Greedfall and The Surge 2.

Real sad Spiders got bought by Big Ben. Concerned a bit about what will happen to them.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
So it seems like I need to play Call of Cthulhu. I was planning on playing Sinking City first since I liked those Sherlock Holmes games. Have I made a bad call?

Matzpxl

Jun 4, 2019
Brasília, Brazil
A Plague Tale was something else indeed, what a beautiful game. Didn't finish Call of Cthlhu but I'm planning to go back and finish it.

Vampyr was awesome too.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A Plague Tale is my GOTY so far. Vampyr was good but fell apart near the end but still overall I liked it. So I agree.

Haribokart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A Plague Tale is my GOTY so far, got a code and streamed it on release and I must have sold hundreds of copies since then based on how I am always bigging it up. Are any of their other games similar? I might try to grab Vampyr or Cthulhu.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
A Plague Tale is my GOTY so far, got a code and streamed it on release and I must have sold hundreds of copies since then based on how I am always bigging it up. Are any of their other games similar? I might try to grab Vampyr or Cthulhu.
For a more linear, stealth-focused experience, check out the Styx games.

Both Vampyr and Call of Cthulhu are more RPG-ish- Vampyr focused on combat and social interactions, while Call of cthulhu leans into the investigative aspect more.