• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hello ERA,

This is the first thread I've ever posted, I've never felt comfortable with putting any thoughts out there front and centre.

However I wanted to say a massive thankyou to TransERA for helping me finally take that first step after so many years of hiding and self loathing, for being so welcoming and understanding and generous with their time. Thankyou all for helping me come to terms with being transgender.
I really didnt want to just plop out a blog of an OP, in fact I've been agonising over whether to post this or not, but this is something which has been such a hidden and "wrong" part of me for so long and to finally feel brave enough to embrace it, is liberating.
For once my fears are almost exciting rather than all encompassing and crippling. It's partly because of Lant_War 's recent thread and Kyuuji 's passion and all round loveliness that I have in recent weeks felt comfortable coming to terms with me, so maybe in turn this thread helps someone else even if only a tiny way. I'd normally feel quite rude singling people out in such a way but knowingly or not you both inspired me, the rest of TransERA have only helped to solidify that inspiration.

It also gave me the courage to tell my Mam and Sister this week how I feel, (albeit via phone since corona and 1000km), they were both great, though my sister told me I was a terrible big sister for waiting this long to tell her since she has known since I was 7 and she 6. I wept quite a lot this week.

The internet, gaming communities and even ERA gets a bad rep and perhaps for a lot of the time rightfully so, but on this occasion someone dared to reach out and they... She found only love and acceptance. Thankyou all

(I have had some not inconsiderable amount of wine) :). Sleep well, and thankyou again.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I'm so happy for you and finally living your truth I hope this brings you peace and blessings. teared up a little seeing that your sis knew too thats the thing people know. much love on your journey!

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing. So glad your family supports you.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations! I'm happy for you and I hope that life keeps getting better and better for you!

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Real happy for you Lamptramp. Live your life and be free and know that there are people out there who have your back and support you.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
giphy.gif

Oh my god, Lampy!! I'm so happy and proud for you!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

That is beautiful news to read and such a massive step to overcome; both in accepting it yourself, and then coming out to others. I'm sure I need not tell you the serenity of that internal sense of peace that comes with it. Something that will no doubt have felt misaligned in life all the way up until this point. Be sure to take the time to just sit with yourself and feel that.

We are so gonna have to catch up soon!! 🥳🌈🎂🍰
Thank you for the kind words too, that means a lot ❤😊🏳️‍🌈

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hearing stories like this pretty much melts my heart. Especially the part about telling your family about it, and them being so accepting.

I'm really happy that you were able to come to terms with and even embrace being transgender, Lamp.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
That's both beautiful and awesome ☺️ Your sister's reaction...I got a little teary, I'll admit it. It's a real pleasure to read a feel good story like yours today. Thank you for going with your gut (plus wine) and sharing your massive life event with mooks like me. Sending you all the psychic internet hugs!!!

Liyfda

Oct 27, 2017
That's super dope! Huge congrats & thank you for sharing this moment. I'm so happy for you!

OP
OP
Lamptramp

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Thanks everyone so much, I genuinely agonised about posting as I thought "who would care about some stranger?" but the support and loveliness that ERA have given me is well worth celebrating, maybe this thread will die, but maybe it will help someone like me take that difficult first step. You are all lovely.

I'm so happy for you and finally living your truth I hope this brings you peace and blessings. teared up a little seeing that your sis knew too thats the thing people know. much love on your journey!
Amazing. So glad your family supports you.
I'm so happy for you and extremely happy that your family accepts you!
Hearing stories like this pretty much melts my heart. Especially the part about telling your family about it, and them being so accepting.

I'm really happy that you were able to come to terms with and even embrace being transgender, Lamp.
That's both beautiful and awesome ☺ Your sister's reaction...I got a little teary, I'll admit it. It's a real pleasure to read a feel good story like yours today. Thank you for going with your gut (plus wine) and sharing your massive life event with mooks like me. Sending you all the psychic internet hugs!!!

Part of my many issues stem from a somewhat difficult early life, especially with respects to family and growing up feeling, and wanting to be more feminine. The one thing I always hoped was that my little sister had my back and that she would support me, I feel ashamed that it took me so long to confide in her and her unconditional love and support has been responsible for many happy tears this week.

xxx

giphy.gif

Oh my god, Lampy!! I'm so happy and proud for you!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

That is beautiful news to read and such a massive step to overcome; both in accepting it yourself, and then coming out to others. I'm sure I need not tell you the serenity of that internal sense of peace that comes with it. Something that will no doubt have felt misaligned in life all the way up until this point. Be sure to take the time to just sit with yourself and feel that.

We are so gonna have to catch up soon!! 🥳🌈🎂🍰
Thank you for the kind words too, that means a lot ❤😊🏳️‍🌈

I did not feel fully comfortable gushing about how much you have helped me Kyuuji, especially since we have interacted so little in recent months, I didn't want to put some big pressure on you.....
But now you have made me ugly weep in front of my PC the gloves are off. :D
I feel lighter, excited, wanting to shout from the rooftops about who I am, already I start to feel some of the walls I built up over my life to hide behind and protect me falling away, and I want to finally meet the real me. I think, no, I know I know you were the a big part of the first step in this journey the first time you made me cry. Thankyou, sincerely, honestly and with all my love, thankyou.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats!!! It takes a lot of bravery to truly be who you are. And that goes for anyone! Happy for you!

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
AAAAAA threads like this always make me so happy & just put the biggest smile on my face ;w; super proud of you & I'm so glad your mum & sister are supportive too!! I'm sorry corona makes it nigh impossible to meet them in person, especially now with us getting a second lockdown next week, but I hope you'll be able to visit them soon enough & get some well-deserved hugs!! <3 also make sure you drink some water before going to sleep, wine hangovers are some of the worst ones lmao

OP
OP
Lamptramp

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
AAAAAA threads like this always make me so happy & just put the biggest smile on my face ;w; super proud of you & I'm so glad your mum & sister are supportive too!! I'm sorry corona makes it nigh impossible to meet them in person, especially now with us getting a second lockdown next week, but I hope you'll be able to visit them soon enough & get some well-deserved hugs!! <3 also make sure you drink some water before going to sleep, wine hangovers are some of the worst ones lmao

The headache is here already.. and its only half past midnight. :)

I don't personally know you Lamp but congrats to you! Super happy for you! 🥳

Thanks, I'm normally shy and withdrawn......for some reason.... :P

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I did not feel fully comfortable gushing about how much you have helped me Kyuuji, especially since we have interacted so little in recent months, I didn't want to put some big pressure on you.....
But now you have made me ugly weep in front of my PC the gloves are off. :D
I feel lighter, excited, wanting to shout from the rooftops about who I am, already I start to feel some of the walls I built up over my life to hide behind and protect me falling away, and I want to finally meet the real me. I think, no, I know I know you were the a big part of the first step in this journey the first time you made me cry. Thankyou, sincerely, honestly and with all my love, thankyou.
That reaction gif is 100% my reaction right now so there was no need for any worry. I am more than happy to bring on the ugly weeps!! I absolutely know the feeling and can tell you that finally accepting yourself really does open the door to finally, truly, loving who you are. Take pride in it. The endless questions that have plagued most days of your life will cease, and you can finally revel in knowing and being who you really are. Truly. I am so, so happy you've allowed yourself that. Likewise, hearing that your family has been supportive of your coming out will bolster that and give you a freedom to truly feel it.

Legitimately never a problem either; I'm honoured to have been in a position to help. Transness is a thing of beauty and it – self-acceptance – being the key to finally having that internal sense of self shift into place and settle, will no doubt be what fuels your own trans pride. I know it does mine. There are challenges and there are struggles, but hold onto that fire that's been lit deep within and it will see you through each dark night. You have allowed yourself the freedom to actually exist as yourself and better understand yourself, and that is a priceless gift for one to have while we're here.

Big hugs and much love to my newfound trans sister xo

heartowkmy.png

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Part of my many issues stem from a somewhat difficult early life, especially with respects to family and growing up feeling, and wanting to be more feminine. The one thing I always hoped was that my little sister had my back and that she would support me, I feel ashamed that it took me so long to confide in her and her unconditional love and support has been responsible for many happy tears this week.

Yeah, I totally get that. It took me years to come out to my family because I was always afraid of how they'd take it. It's not an easy thing to talk about at all, even if you're effectively open with other people regarding it.

Nov 23, 2017
Congrats! I went through your experience years ago and I support you fully. Feel free to hit me up if you ever want any advice or info.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, I totally get that. It took me years to come out to my family because I was always afraid of how they'd take it. It's not an easy thing to talk about at all, even if you're effectively open with other people regarding it.
+1. It's definitely not an easy step at all and there's zero shame in it having taken someone time to get there. For all the best intentions and confidence in general from family members, it can never not feel like a dice roll or leap of faith – and it's a huge one to make. Especially later in life.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
The headache is here already.. and its only half past midnight. :)

aww, i'm sorry. :( get a cooling pack or something if it gets too bad & just try to relax in bed!! obviously stay away from painkillers until the alc's out of your system :0 if it's any consolation, i'm struggling with a migraine right now myself lmao

OP
OP
Lamptramp

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That reaction gif is 100% my reaction right now so there was no need for any worry. I am more than happy to bring on the ugly weeps!! I absolutely know the feeling and can tell you that finally accepting yourself really does open the door to finally, truly, loving who you are. Take pride in it. The endless questions that have plagued most days of your life will cease, and you can finally revel in knowing and being who you really are. Truly. I am so, so happy you've allowed yourself that. Likewise, hearing that your family has been supportive of your coming out will bolster that and give you a freedom to truly feel it.

Legitimately never a problem either; I'm honoured to have been in a position to help. Transness is a thing of beauty and it – self-acceptance – being the key to finally having that internal sense of self shift into place and settle, will no doubt be what fuels your own trans pride. I know it does mine. There are challenges and there are struggles, but hold onto that fire that's been lit deep within and it will see you through each dark night. You have allowed yourself the freedom to actually exist as yourself and better understand yourself, and that is a priceless gift for one to have while we're here.

Big hugs and much love to my newfound trans sister xo

heartowkmy.png

Every time I try and write something lovely you just manage to draw on some goddess power to scribe something beautiful, meaningful and without a hint of triteness to blow my prose out of the water. You are lovely and you have all my love. When we can travel again I owe you so many hugs.

Though my Mam was super supportive now, my early years she and my dad were quite unable to understand my femininity, I think it was a different time and in the north of England possibly they tried to protect me. Nevertheless I left my childhood feeling like I was freakish, wrong and perverted and that I should never tell anyone how I feel. I created a "non freak" me to live behind and never dared to tell anyone or even dare dream about being a woman. Its anxiety that has plagued me into later life. Such anxiety stopped me telling my best friend 15 or so years ago, he is amazing and though I am still terrified to tell him even now I know he would be fantastic. I wish I had had the courage to tell at least him and my sister years sooner. Perhaps I would have had a few more happy years.

aww, i'm sorry. :( get a cooling pack or something if it gets too bad & just try to relax in bed!! obviously stay away from painkillers until the alc's out of your system :0 if it's any consolation, i'm struggling with a migraine right now myself lmao

I have filled a bucket with water, and I shall sleep in that :P

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Every time I try and write something lovely you just manage to draw on some goddess power to scribe something beautiful, meaningful and without a hint of triteness to blow my prose out of the water. You are lovely and you have all my love. When we can travel again I owe you so many hugs.
Aww you, likewise! I can't wait 😊

giphy.gif

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo -- so happy for you! Great thread for your first one OP! Keep on doing your thing and hoping for just as many great threads in the future!

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It also gave me the courage to tell my Mam and Sister this week how I feel, (albeit via phone since corona and 1000km), they were both great, though my sister told me I was a terrible big sister for waiting this long to tell her since she has known since I was 7 and she 6. I wept quite a lot this week.
Aww why is this the cutest thing 😭🤣

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I know we've never talked, but I'm really happy for you

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
That you were able to go through this process and come to terms with yourself in 2020 during all this is a feat on its own, congratulations!
You should be very proud of yourself, I wish for nothing but awesome things for you in the future.

hachikoma

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
transgaf saved my life and now I've been on estrogen for eight years and written laws expanding trans rights ❤

Oct 25, 2017
This is incredible.

Really happy for you Lamp.

Gosh, must feel so nice finally being able to live your truth.

Love your sister's reaction btw, love a good family.

<3

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
It's always wonderful to watch someone hit that stride and shed the old shell.

See ya over on the server Lampy, and rest off that wine. ~<3