• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Empty the clip, don;t have a clip, and finger not on the trigger seem like common sense things to do to avoid this.

But then again, this is America, and again, this is Texas.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Jesus.

There is a reason I cant stand people having a gun out. Unless you mean to use it there is no fucking reason to have a gun out.

I've lost my shit on family members taking their gun out to show it around. It's not a fucking prop and unless you are trying to shoot something, intending to shoot, something get that shit out of here

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Exactly. If guns weren't legal, she'd have accidentally stabbed him in the throat, or accidentally learned to construct a bomb, or accidentally bought a gun on the black market to kill him with. The real issue is that if he'd had a gun mounted on his phone, he could have accidentally shot her first, preventing this terrible loss of life.
Lol

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Wassup with her mug shot? They let her wear a surgical mask? It's not covering her face but, surprised they let that thing hang like that for the photo.

Nov 17, 2017
Besides the stupid idea of pointed a gun at someone for a picture, why would you load the gun or even have you finger on the trigger?

Oh no, they have kids. Imagine being this responsible with kids. They were there when it happened. How are they going to process how their dad died?

"Autumn said that Eric dropped to the ground, but Autumn thought that Eric was 'playing,' and she told him to get up," the police report said.
She shot him with a rifle and thought he was playing?

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. I cannot fathom how anyone could genuinely be this dumb.

People have poor trigger discipline. It isn't my more liberal values that has me supporting gun control. I've been shooting since I was ten and I've seen some shit. People need better training or they shouldn't have a pistol. I've been slacking on getting out and shooting for some time now, but one of the last times, I remember some asshole trying to clear a fucking jam next to my wife and myself while the barrel kept hovering in my direction. Let the dude have it, but it's not the first time I've seen such bullshit. A lot of folks have no business owning one or have some cowboy fantasy.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Why the fuck would you point a loaded gun at someone?? Why the hell would you point a gun at someone period?? I've never owned a gun in my life and even I know you're not supposed to point the barrel end of a gun at someone.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Failed the first and second rule of gun safety.

1) treat every gun like a loaded gun
2) don't point your gun at something you don't want to shoot

zoozilla

Avenger
Jun 9, 2018
Japan
Consider the stupidity of someone who "accidentally" shoots their BF with a loaded rifle.

Then consider the stupidity of those who would let such stupid people easily get their hands on guns.

It's ridiculous.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Treat a gun like it has a mind of its own and wants to kill the people that you love.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
That's fucked up. Most people shouldn't own guns because shit like this happens.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
In Soviet Russia 'merica the photo subject shoots you.

Oct 27, 2017
Total accident guys

15476471922056985.gif

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Wassup with her mug shot? They let her wear a surgical mask? It's not covering her face but, surprised they let that thing hang like that for the photo.
I'm guessing she's sick, and she's wearing that to prevent spread of disease. Obviously the mugshot can't be taken with it covering her face, so they likely asked her to lower it for a second for the photo.

Oct 31, 2017
I've fired a gun on two occasions in my life, and even I know you never ever under any circumstances point a gun at a person, loaded or unloaded. Are there any requirements whatsoever for gun ownership in Texas? Do you not at least get a talking too? Jesus.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Why was her finger on the trigger? As a gun owner, it's not easy to accidentally pull a trigger in general. You have to give it a bit to pull it...

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
Not to be a crazy liberal here or anything, but maybe it should be a federal requirement that gun safety classes should be something you have to take before you can own a gun.

I like this idea and all, but how many people would actually follow the first rule of gun safety? (Treat every firearm as if it is loaded. Meaning, don't point it at people...)

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Americans posing with guns is the American version of Indian men posing in front of trains.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Why was her finger on the trigger? As a gun owner, it's not easy to accidentally pull a trigger in general. You have to give it a bit to pull it...

Depends on the trigger. There are hair triggers that only require the lightest force to set off. They're usually reserved for target rifles, though. But still, trigger weight can vary greatly.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
im sorry but how do u accidentally shoot a gun unless your finger is accidentally resting on the fucking trigger lmao

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts and Prayers.

another question, why is ammunition so cheap? dramatically raising prices/ taxation for rounds and shells would be a means of people shooting less in the long run, wouldn't it?

One problem with this is that it prevents people who are trying to practice safely from doing so. I'm going to be much less likely to practice shooting if it's costing me an excessive amount each session. Could potentially lead to more gun owners still carrying around their weapons but with significantly less familiarity with them since they've never actually shot them.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America doesnt have a problem no idea why you people and trippn

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Should be convicted. Every photo I've been in or taken involving a gun they were pointed in one of two directions: Downrange or up. Just common god damned sense.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
You never, ever, ever point a gun at someone unless you mean to use it on them. It's gun safety 101, and there's a reason it gets echoed over and over.

This is a damn shame, and I hope his friends and family are able to recover from this.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
"Autumn said that Eric dropped to the ground, but Autumn thought that Eric was 'playing,' and she told him to get up," the police report said.
So after a loud bang went off in between her and her boyfriend, she thought him falling to the ground unresponsive was a joke?

???

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Basic rule of gun safety: never point a gun at something you don't want to shoot.
This. Also why the hell was the rifle loaded, with the safety off? Sounds like this person had zero knowledge of how to handle a firearm.

Or shot him on purpose, as that other link seems to suggest.