• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
What a waste of time and money. I can't believe the lengths Republicans will go, to prevent votes from being counted.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
What a waste of time and money. I can't believe the lengths Republicans will go, to prevent votes from being counted.
Think for a moment.....they are doing this in Texas. Texas is to the GOP what California is to the Democrats

To quote Ted Cruz (šŸ¤®) again: "If we lose Texas its all over "

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
Think for a moment.....they are doing this in Texas. Texas is to the GOP what California is to the Democrats

To quote Ted Cruz (šŸ¤®) again: "If we lose Texas its all over "

I honestly hope we see a huge blow out (obviously). Not only because I want to see Trump go away. But also because I want the turnout to send a message to Republicans more broadly. That their platform isn't working anymore and they need to change or go away.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Don't get too excited, the government is probably going to petition this to SCOTUS where there's a very serious the ruling will be thrown out.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's always stunning to me how Republicans just blatantly lean into being villains.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Makes me sick. This is why the rich and powerful get away with everything. They can afford to keep this up and small communities or individuals end up giving up or end up bankrupt. Basically how trump has gotten away with all the shit he's done.

Trump doesn't always get away with everything. We've had plenty of cases where even Federal & Supreme Court judges had ruled against him on a lot of things, even ones who he himself had installed.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
So... with that new "stacked" Supreme Court, what's the chance that Trump and Co take this all the way asking for an emergency injunction and actually get it granted? I can certainly see them at least attempt it.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
So... with that new "stacked" Supreme Court, what's the chance that Trump and Co take this all the way asking for an emergency injunction and actually get it granted? I can certainly see them at least attempt it.
It's already slated to be heard Monday.

I'm betting they don't grant it, despite the stacked court, but the chances of it is fucking higher than it should be that's for sure.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe .0001% chance at best these votes get tossed. It's an incredibly unlikely doomsday scenario that even Texas Republicans don't want. If SCOTUS somehow tosses out those votes against all precedent they would have to revisit the Wisconsin ballot deadline case and many others which would do far more damage to the overall Republican cause than it could possibly help.

Oct 25, 2017
So this is going to be a wild time. Hearing at 930. Protests at the courthouse. I'm not going but a friend is going to the hearing, if they can get in. Completely handled now by dnc folk. Lincoln project naacp and others filing amicus briefs. It is quite a show.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Maybe .0001% chance at best these votes get tossed. It's an incredibly unlikely doomsday scenario that even Texas Republicans don't want. If SCOTUS somehow tosses out those votes against all precedent they would have to revisit the Wisconsin ballot deadline case and many others which would do far more damage to the overall Republican cause than it could possibly help.
Let's hope for the best. If Biden does carry Texas, I know a few people who are going to lose their shit.

Edit: And I am going to smile all over our video conference on Wed.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking insanity. How is their vote any less valid than the disabled people that this is normally reserved for?

Nov 2, 2017
As someone who voted in one of those drive through tents, this is interesting to say the least.

They'd also be throwing out the votes of any Republicans who voted through those means as well.

I knew I should have went to a "regular" polling place, but I was already in line, so "oh well".

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Have any big name Republicans come out against this nonsense? If not they are essentially complicit in an attempted fraud of the democratic process. It's incredible to see something so blatant.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Have any big name Republicans come out against this nonsense? If not they are essentially complicit in an attempted fraud of the democratic process. It's incredible to see something so blatant.

Haven't seen anything from those currently holding office though.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Judge hearing the case on Monday is notoriously bias in his politics. I can easily see him saying to throw out ballots tomorrow

Realmatic1

Oct 27, 2017
US Supreme Court already ruled that federal courts have to defer to state court rulings. However it is 2020 and good news is hard to come by

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Republicans aren't going to do anything before the election. Too much risk it'll galvanize the Democratic party inclined further...now after the election when it's too late to change your mind? Oh they'll fuck with the vote alright. They'll go all out.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I honestly hope we see a huge blow out (obviously). Not only because I want to see Trump go away. But also because I want the turnout to send a message to Republicans more broadly. That their platform isn't working anymore and they need to change or go away.
They will never change. They operate off pure self-interest and hate.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The challenge to invalidate the ballots was rejected by the federal judge

www.cnn.com

Most drive-thru voting locations to close for Election Day in Houston-area county at center of legal drama

The Houston-area county at the center of a legal fight over drive-thru voting decided late Monday to close nine of the 10 polling places that the county had used as drive-thru voting locations.
Good. Hopefully this ends the charade and they stop. well, stop in Texas at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.