• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SonicThrust

Banned
Nov 8, 2018
The right thing being the state murdering people because they own weapons?
If they refuse to give them up and would end up resorting to terrorist action when avenues to secure the safety of the people are exhausted? Yes.

I don't know if there really would be an outbreak of terrorist activity to back up that right wing talk of taking their guns over their dead bodies, but if there was, then you don't have many options left but to do the right thing.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't that dude ranked as the worst legislature a year ago? Name sounds familiar

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Briscoe Cain is also in the local news for wanting to abolish the city of Austin, because the city decided to fund expenses like travel and lodging to get an abortion after the state made illegal to fund abortions themselves.

Oh, also, he's just a giant fucking pile of garbage vaguely shaped like a man.

"It wasn't a problem when I was a child," he said. "Was it a problem when you were a kid? I don't remember dudes walking around in dresses getting beat up. It wasn't a thing, and now I think we're encouraging it."

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Read through the replies earlier on the bus and these libertarian/conservative gun owner types are fucking dangerously insane.

Like the types that the the FBI should be legit looking into if they weren't wildly racist.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
A psychopath gets elected in Texas because he has an R next to his name.
Do better Texas.

This guy needs to resign immediately.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I swear I saw a tweet from this guy the other day where he wanted to strip Austin of it's city government and make it like DC.

Bronlonius

Oct 29, 2017
If only we stopped worrying so much about how much the rightwing extremists will cry and scream about issues, and do the right thing no matter what. Those people are a lost cause and we need to stop expending energy on them (besides trolling and shaming them). We need to focus on the complacent middle who need to be tazed and bribed to get involved and show up to vote.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
If they refuse to give them up and would end up resorting to terrorist action when avenues to secure the safety of the people are exhausted? Yes.

I don't know if there really would be an outbreak of terrorist activity to back up that right wing talk of taking their guns over their dead bodies, but if there was, then you don't have many options left but to do the right thing.

I mean, back during the 2016 elections I worked at a Cabelas sporting goods store in Texas, and yeah, you did have people rushing in buying guns and Ammo saying shit like that.

What was interesting was the look of a lot of those gun nuts. They were (mostly white) older, most not in good health, some in really bad health, and yet they were cramming their carts with thousands of rounds of 5.56 and 7.62 for their AR and AK rifles. It's people like that which will be most worrisome in such a scenario because they'll see themselves as having nothing to lose.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
MR ROBERT FRANCIS O'ROURKE

BLACKS AND BROWNS, I WANT TO SHOOT

SO THAT MAKES YOUR THREAT QUITE MOOT

SO SAYS MR. CAIN

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, back during the 2016 elections I worked at a Cabelas sporting goods store in Texas, and yeah, you did have people rushing in buying guns and Ammo saying shit like that.

What was interesting was the look of a lot of those gun nuts. They were (mostly white) older, most not in good health, some in really bad health, and yet they were cramming their carts with thousands of rounds of 5.56 and 7.62 for their AR and AK rifles. It's people like that which will be most worrisome in such a scenario because they'll see themselves as having nothing to lose.

Obama pretty much called it however many years back with this "they cling to guns and the bible" line. These are ignorant, fearful people who think the world is slipping away from them and the only thing they can hold on to to maintain a sense of safety and control is A)The belief that everything you do/like is objectively correct because god said so and B)The delusion that owning an insane amount of weaponry is necessary to keep their world from being destroyed by evil liberals.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
whats to stop someone from burning ol Briscoe County Jr out of his hidey hole since we know he's in there with a bunch of AR 15s and ammo...

dXpbEji.jpg

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a point taken - people who insist on owning an AR-15 are probably the type of people that should not be owning an AR-15.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Since when can you threaten someone with a gun?

Bullshit double standard. They woulda thrown my brown ass over the border if I'd done the same.

Lock that internet tough guy up. Take his guns and melt em into a statue of beto.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
These folks are straight up insane. We need to have some studies done to explain the emotional (and most likely chemical) fixation of guns to gun owners.
Everything the modern right wing movement is built on revolves around paranoia: toward liberals, foreigners, non-whites, government, Muslims, etc. How does the poor, put upon conservative defend himself against this flood of evil? Guns, of course. It's like a comfort blanket for them.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Everything the modern right wing movement is built on revolves around paranoia: toward liberals, foreigners, non-whites, government, Muslims, etc. How does the poor, put upon conservative defend himself against this flood of evil? Guns, of course. It's like a comfort blanket for them.
It's definitely steeped in racism but it feels like it's even more than that. Guns rights more than any other issue seems to drive out the most insane pushback. I'd say that some of these gun owners tie theirs guns to their sense of identity so much that losing them would be like getting castrated.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
I bet if a democrat made a death threat against a GOP member, that you'd hear about it nonstop on the typical channels. It's really frustrating that there are pretty much double standards (eg GOP can pretty much do shit like this where as Democrats can't get anyway with this-nor should they).

Nov 1, 2017

"but legislation is violence!!!!"

Cool now that one of the gop has correctly pointed out that legislation can mean violence, although incorrect about this instance of it, can they stop clutching their pearls when people rightly call them out for inflicting harm and death?
whats to stop someone from burning ol Briscoe County Jr out of his hidey hole since we know he's in there with a bunch of AR 15s and ammo...

dXpbEji.jpg
You reminded me that this was one of my first thoughts when I saw that that was this blight on the universe's name. Then I remembered last dragon, then that he passed away. You are a jerk but a jerk with good taste lol.