• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I once ate fried butter at the Texas State fair.

It was, literally, a stick of butter, quartered, dipped in sweet funnel cake batter, and deep fried, then topped with powdered sugar and honey, with an icing dipping sauce.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I go to the county fair every year just to eat weird food and look at the art show.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Peanut Butter Cup Snookie

tenor.gif

This is my after seeing that lol

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Me and the missus are on an adventure to hit up all 50 state fairs and Texas is on the list this year, after Missouri (which was bleh) and we're making a trip in a week to the Minnesota state fair which we go to every year.

I'll report back on Texas food.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
That deep-fried chicken alfredo ball got me salivating, along with some of the other items, but the burnt ends burrito and the thought of Texans (or anyone outside of KC for that matter) trying to make good burnt ends repulsed me.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That deep-fried chicken alfredo ball got me salivating, along with some of the other items, but the burnt ends burrito and the thought of Texans (or anyone outside of KC for that matter) trying to make good burnt ends repulsed me.

As someone with pretty picky BBQ tastes, I can confirm that Texas can do burnt ends.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not gonna lie I would CRUSH those deep fried fruit bites that are second in the OP.

The rest of that shit tho idk... most sounds too far out and crazy just for the shock/entertainment value and not taste.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I once ate fried butter at the Texas State fair.

It was, literally, a stick of butter, quartered, dipped in sweet funnel cake batter, and deep fried, then topped with powdered sugar and honey, with an icing dipping sauce.

Well, how was it? I've always been curious.

The fruit one in the OP is up my alley. Not with everything on it though, that's too much sugar these days for me.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I ate a fried stick of butter in the Iowa state fair and it was amazing.
Also when you puke it, and chance that you would, it come out super smoothly, like a clown pulling a silk scarf from their mouth.

I regret nothing.
I didn't puke, but i had the smoothest shit ever. I mean, i was basically buttering my asshole.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't puke, but i had the smoothest shit ever. I mean, i was basically buttering my asshole.
Oh wow, I feel like I only got half of the experience.
I guess it's time to go back and photobomb Wolf Blitzer in the Iowa state fair again.

But joking aside, you can't deny that eating fair food usually makes you feel like shit, but I feel like that's the point.
This type of food is not only tossing into the wind any health concerns, but also just not being bothered in how it makes you feel in a couple of hours. And yeah, that's not something I want to do often, but once in a while, I want to see how crazy shit get if we really just frontload the joy as much as we can.

Works for me.
Though I am now kinda afraid to go to state fairs in states that legalized weed.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how good that Shrimp bowl must be to be this high in a fried food competition.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I feel like I only got half of the experience.
I guess it's time to go back and photobomb Wolf Blitzer in the Iowa state fair again.

But joking aside, you can't deny that eating fair food usually makes you feel like shit, but I feel like that's the point.
This type of food is not only tossing into the wind any health concerns, but also just not being bothered in how it makes you feel in a couple of hours. And yeah, that's not something I want to do often, but once in a while, I want to see how crazy shit get if we really just frontload the joy as much as we can.

Works for me.
Though I am now kinda afraid to go to state fairs in states that legalized weed.

Im not talking about feeling sick a few hours later. It made me feel immediately sick. Like directly after eating it, both me and my date had to leave the fair and go home. We both laid in bed feeling bad for the rest of the day. It sucked because we had planned to spend the whole day there.