• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I agree this is a good thing. Waste their time on this conspiracy and come up with nothing. If they do find anything I don't care much for Biden anyway. I'm glad this came out now instead of in the election if Biden was the nominee.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
then let them waste time and resources finding this out and then coming out and having to admit that to the public that this is a giant conspiracy theory.
The issue is that the investigation itself is a PR hit, and there's nothing forcing them to come out and admit there's a giant conspiracy at the end of it. Or to end it at all. they could "investigate" through the entire election.

This isn't letting a campaign waste time and resources. This is letting our DOJ waste time and resources.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
People who are fine with this because it won't yield any results are missing the forest for the trees.

The investigation in itself will be used to enforce everything Trump has done, regardless of the results. Who's to say they don't drag this investigation out until after the election in 2020 so that Trump can constantly deflect to "my opponent is under criminal investigation for corruption!"

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I agree this is a good thing. Waste their time on this conspiracy and come up with nothing. If they do find anything I don't care much for Biden anyway. I'm glad this came out now instead of in the election if Biden was the nominee.

Do you understand that it's reaching the point that they will never come up with nothing? They are openly, nakedly corrupt, and normalizing it more everyday. Do you really think they're just going to say, "Welp, there's nothing there! Guess we'll just wrap it up"? They'll make something up. They're not going to stop until all norms are eliminated and there's no way to get them out.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Jesus Christ, this forum is literally buying the Trump narrative because they don't like Biden.

Everyone who thinks this is good because it might make your candidate do better in the primary is *exactly* the same as all the Republicans you rail against all the time.

The DOJ cannot be used as a political tool of the fucking President.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't wasting their time. It's the DOJ. It's the state department. It's our government. They're wasting our time.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Remember, GOP propaganda has said that a democratic politician being under investigation is the same as being guilty, while a GOP politician under investigation is a witch hunt.

This is to give them red meat for campaign ads, which they saw work very well for the anti-hillary campaign. The GOP will flood the echo chamber with 'he wouldn't be under investigation if he wasn't guilty of something' with the hopes that enough swing or low information voters will buy it.

The goal isn't to find anything, it's to maintain the illusion that there is something to be found.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Trump wanted to meddle in the next election (including the Dem primary) and he is apparently succeeding if this thread is anything to go by.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
And if Warren or Sanders get the nom, they will do the same thing and say they are corrupt.

Yep. Expect a huge investigation into whoever the nominee is. They learned with Hillary being under investigation is a great talking point. And if Trump is being impeached in the lead up to the campaign, they are going to create a counter-narrative that everyone is corrupt so Trump isn't any worse than them.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's clear they're trying to push this so as to say what Trump did was legal. It's not and this is stupid misdirection considering this has already been investigated.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, those saying "this is fine" or "good, I don't like Biden" are missing the forrest for the fucking trees. It's not about finding him guilty, it's about drumming up a bullshit investigation, keeping it open as long as possible, and using it to manipulate public opinion. Remember when a simple email saying Hillary's investigation was re-opened drastically impacted public perception after "grab her by the pussy?"

Whether you like Biden or not is irrelevant. If Trump is allowed to abuse his power and the DoJ, free and fair elections cannot take place.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Go for it. I have no issue with it. Whatever happens with it has zero bearing on Trump getting impeached.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is not news. This is actually even fine. Biden shouldn't be immune to investigation. The investigation itself isn't the problem.

The President shouldn't be able to order investigations into anyone (which is what has happened here). The DOJ independently choosing to investigate Biden and "foreign government influence" (ie Ukraine, not Russia meddled in 2016 to help Hillary, not Trump) -- both of which are conspiracy theories -- would be fine

Obama did not order an investigation into Trump. Also, he didn't tell anyone that Trump was under investigation even though it would have benefited his party politically

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, those saying "this is fine" or "good, I don't like Biden" are missing the forrest for the fucking trees. It's not about finding him guilty, it's about drumming up a bullshit investigation, keeping it open as long as possible, and using it to manipulate public opinion. Remember when a simple email saying Hillary's investigation was re-opened drastically impacted public perception after "grab her by the pussy?"

Whether you like Biden or not is irrelevant. If Trump is allowed to abuse his power and the DoJ, free and fair elections cannot take place.
And Trump will do this again with whoever is the democratic nominee. It's bullshit how these corrupt republican dipshits will go to any length in order to win the election

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
so you are in favor of Biden being investigated for corruption for something he didn't do

A number of people on this forum seem to be fine with anything that knocks Biden out of the primary race. I've been disappointed by the number of comments in prior threads to the effect of "I hope this Ukraine scandal gets rid of both Trump and Biden".

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's amazing that people here are missing what Trump is doing with this shit. This is so on the goddamn nose.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All this shit for a guy that was gonna collapse on his own as usual.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
And Trump will do this again with whoever is the democratic nominee. It's bullshit how these corrupt republican dipshits will go to any length in order to win the election

Exactly. If Trump is allowed to do this to Biden, he's going to do it to whoever the Dem nominee is. You'd be a damn fool to think otherwise.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing that people here are missing what Trump is doing with this shit. This is so on the goddamn nose.

Can't wait until the year 2024 when Trump's abolish the 8 year limit for presidency and people from ERA will normalize it as okay. Not surprised if Trump starts randomly arresting people even without proof just so that he can win his presidency.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's less falling for it, and more "This tired shit again? Bring it".

Nah, people on this website have a sudden habit of taking far right talking points and using it against people they don't like on the left.

So Trump going after Biden and "investigating" him is definitely something I can see a lot of specific users being "fine" with.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
Barr should be impeached before Trump. He is absolutely destroying the Justice Department by using it as the president's personal hit squad.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, people. You can hate Biden without cheering stuff like this on. Holy shit.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I already expected this kind of behavior and he's just adding more reasons to impeach and more crimes. People saying they'll drag it through the election, I expect that too and it doesn't matter because there is nothing to charge Biden with. Whoever is worried about it hurting Biden in the election if he's the nominee, trump believers would have believed anything trump said without any investigation anyway. They already do. So whether there is an investigation or not doesn't matter, his base thought Hillary was a criminal and now Biden is super evil.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
The norms really have eroded a lot if people think this isn't also a bad thing.

That said...it's not unexpected from Trump.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So... we're going to live in a world where every president will order an investigation into the other side's nominees every re-election?
It's not against the law for the US to investigate its own people. It can be idiotic, but this is so far down the totem pole of issues with Trump right now, it shouldn't even register.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
While an investigation into Biden WOULD HAVE been fine, if there were some actual evidence to support something shady has happened. This is such an obvious attempt shift the conversation from Trump committing the actual crime of seeking election assistance from foreign powers, to somehow turning Biden into the bad guy. An investigation is clearly routed in the fact that Biden is the democratic frontrunner, and nothing more. This is a complete farce.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
The issue is that the investigation itself is a PR hit, and there's nothing forcing them to come out and admit there's a giant conspiracy at the end of it. Or to end it at all. they could "investigate" through the entire election.

This isn't letting a campaign waste time and resources. This is letting our DOJ waste time and resources.

Seriously, they've done like infinity investigations into Hillary Clinton and ain't found shit over the years and they're raring to do yet another. The investigations are nothing more than another attack vector for his opponents in the Trump campaign. The only purpose of this to have media say "x is under investigation" during the political season. Meanwhile we got Trump begging anyone both allied and opposing foreign powers to look into his opponents in exchange for shit and doing it in the fucking open.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised so many people here are fine with this.

A lot of people here actually want a Trump for the Democratic Party. A savior figure that ignores the rules and does whatever it takes to fulfill their agenda. They secretly don't dislike how Trump goes about things, they're just envious it's not done towards their goals.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I already expected this kind of behavior and he's just adding more reasons to impeach and more crimes. People saying they'll drag it through the election, I expect that too and it doesn't matter because there is nothing to charge Biden with. Whoever is worried about it hurting Biden in the election if he's the nominee, trump believers would have believed anything trump said without any investigation anyway. They already do. So whether there is an investigation or not doesn't matter, his base thought Hillary was a criminal and now Biden is super evil.
It's not about Trump's base, it's about idiotic independents thinking that "hey, maybe Trump really is draining the swamp and what he did with Ukraine is fine."

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017

2016 literally proves this wrong. Hillary was leading rather significantly in the polls after "grab her by the pussy" before Comey's email about re-opening the investigation.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No seriously, guys. What good are white progressives?

The fact they hate Biden so much that they support Trump's crooked harassment campaign against him, says a lot about them.

Fucking tools

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You think this is just because of Biden? If it wasn't biden who would be who ever is the front runner. This is banan republic shit. We are a few steps away from GOP arresting folks for just being in a reveal political party

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
I don't trust this administration not plant something if the investigation turn up dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.