• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Commentary Surrounding Gun Violence

Representative Matt Schaefer

"Do something!" is the statement we keep hearing. As an elected official with a vote in Austin, let me tell you what I am NOT going to do. I am NOT going to use the evil acts of a handful of people to diminish the God-given rights of my fellow Texans. Period. None of these so-called gun-control solutions will work to stop a person with evil intent. I say NO to "red flag" pre-crime laws. NO to universal background checks. NO to bans on AR-15s, or high capacity magazines. NO to mandatory gun buybacks. What can we do? YES to praying for victims. YES to praying for protection. YES to praying that God would transform the hearts of people with evil intent. YES to fathers not leaving their wives and children. YES to discipline in the homes. YES to supporting our public schools. YES to giving every law-abiding single mom the right to carry a handgun to protect her and her kids without permission from the state, and the same for all other law-abiding Texans of age. YES to your God-given, constitutionally protected rights. YES to God, and NO to more government intrusions.

ukWuWjs.png

Esfe2TD.png

HOLY SHIT! That guy deserves to be a victim of one of these shootings. Let's see how long he holds those beliefs then

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just remember Americans this is what you'll be remember for for generations to come post-WW2.

You aren't war torn like some of the globe so why isn't your elected government protecting you? Why is this the new normal? Why are the lies and the deflections accepted so readily?

So angry that how twisted you have allowed civilisation to devolve.

ps3ud0 8)

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT! That guy deserves to be a victim of one of these shootings. Let's see how long he holds those beliefs then

In Texas, Santa Fe High School shooting victims still defended guns after dodging bullets. The families there said they would hate for the incident at their school to be used to prevent innocent people from owning their guns and they thought current gun ownership laws had nothing to do with the tragedy.

I spent 28 years in Texas and I just left, partially to get away from the obscenely ill denial people are living in there, including on issues like gun safety. If you have a problem with guns in Texas, you are the minority that is expected to keep quiet.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
In Texas, Santa Fe High School shooting victims still defended guns after dodging bullets. The families there said they would hate for the incident at their school to be used to prevent innocent people from owning their guns and they thought current gun ownership laws had nothing to do with the tragedy.

I spent 28 years in Texas and I just left, partially to get away from the obscenely ill denial people are living in there, including on issues like gun safety. If you have a problem with guns in Texas, you are the minority that is expected to keep quiet.
That's really sick and sad for their kids who need to learn that fucked up philosophy from them.

I guess most of them are religious fundamentalists too, right?

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017

"Do something!" is the statement we keep hearing. As an elected official with a vote in Austin, let me tell you what I am NOT going to do. I am NOT going to use the evil acts of a handful of people to diminish the God-given rights of my fellow Texans. Period. None of these so-called gun-control solutions will work to stop a person with evil intent. I say NO to "red flag" pre-crime laws. NO to universal background checks. NO to bans on AR-15s, or high capacity magazines. NO to mandatory gun buybacks. What can we do? YES to praying for victims. YES to praying for protection. YES to praying that God would transform the hearts of people with evil intent. YES to fathers not leaving their wives and children. YES to discipline in the homes. YES to supporting our public schools. YES to giving every law-abiding single mom the right to carry a handgun to protect her and her kids without permission from the state, and the same for all other law-abiding Texans of age. YES to your God-given, constitutionally protected rights. YES to God, and NO to more government intrusions.

ukWuWjs.png

Esfe2TD.png

This is so sad. Not a single care for human. life. 😢

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017

ukWuWjs.png

Esfe2TD.png

This guy is a mindless conservative zombie.

KingIndaNorf

Banned
Apr 11, 2019
Not getting a ton of play online and in the news. I guess 5 dead isnt enough anymore. Need a higher body count for media vultures.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Do they really think Jesus would be gun-toting, lib-owning, freedom-fawning conservative? Or are they simply props?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Do they really think Jesus would be gun-toting, lib-owning, freedom-fawning conservative? Or are they simply props?
Yes... my brother saw a pickup this week that said something to the effect of "the only two forces who have put their life on the line for your freedom are Jesus and the American soldier." I shit you not.

Ivan2Nguyen

Oct 25, 2017

I went to his page because I don't have facebook and this gem is not being talked about at all. I guess we should replace our police with preachers and that'd solve our issues. Wouldn't be that bad. It's basically moving to a theocracy like Star Wars and their Jedi.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017

ukWuWjs.png

Esfe2TD.png

This kind of stupidity needs to be blasted on the news. He should be "ratioed" on national television so people could actually challenge his stupid ideas.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017

I went to his page because I don't have facebook and this gem is not being talked about at all. I guess we should replace our police with preachers and that'd solve our issues. Wouldn't be that bad. It's basically moving to a theocracy like Star Wars and their Jedi.

Christians have never hurt or killed anyone. They are 100% atrocity free, so what he says checks out.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ukWuWjs.png

Esfe2TD.png

Seems pretty obvious to me that if this God of yours exists, he doesn't give a shit. Your prayers are worth less than my farts.

pitt_norton

Nov 2, 2017
For Fucks Sake America. 5 million whining NRA members vs. 322 million citizens. Your prayers let you down. Your government lets you down. Your boycott of THQ Nordic lets you down. Get real, quit your bullshit, and confiscate those guns!

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
For Fucks Sake America. 5 million whining NRA members vs. 322 million citizens. Your prayers let you down. Your government lets you down. Your boycott of THQ Nordic lets you down. Get real, quit your bullshit, and confiscate those guns!

You have to factor in that america has never settled its civil war. Millions of people are terrified of minorities and their own shadows.

Guns = law and order = protecting yourself from ms13/crips. Even tho u live at the intersection of Mother of Pearl and Privilege lane.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most politicians don't stand for anything other than pandering to their voters to get re-elected. The only way you get progress is to change the demographics.

Give it 15 years and we will have gun control legislation passed.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Most politicians don't stand for anything other than pandering to their voters to get re-elected. The only way you get progress is to change the demographics.

Give it 15 years and we will have gun control legislation passed.
At the current rate, which is not factoring in the increasing trend of frequency, that'll only be 5,600+ more mass shootings until something is done.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017

ukWuWjs.png

Esfe2TD.png

...Gonna need someone to point me to where I can find a mention of guns in the Bible. I have a couple lying around here, and while I haven't read ALL of it...I don't remember seeing anything like that. Someone halp!!!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Ok I'm on it. Brb

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
From reading around, apparently Democrats didn't even run anyone against that piece of shit. Yet an Independent managed to get 24% of the vote. I think it's inexcusable for Dems to not at least run someone against people who're as damaging as Schaefer is to this country.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems a bit disrespectful to use this to springboard your weird distaste for not buying games from a videogame company but ok

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Vaughn Hillyard @VaughnHillyard

In ongoing press conference: Odessa PD says there are 7 dead & 22 injured. The law enforcement agencies involved are not releasing the name of the gunman at this time.

1:34 PM - Sep 1, 2019 · Texas, USA

CBS News @CBSNews

Odessa police chief refuses to publicly name the suspect for Saturday's mass shooting: "I'm not going to give him any notoriety for what he did" http://cbsnews.com/live
1:33 PM - Sep 1, 2019

Shimon Prokupecz @ShimonPro

Of the seven people who were killed, they range between 15 and 57-years old.

1:34 PM - Sep 1, 2019

BuzzFeed News @BuzzFeedNews

17-month-old Anderson Davis is recovering after being shot in the face during the highway shooting in west Texas that left 7 people deadhttps://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/amberjamieson/baby-shot-face-odessa-shooting?bftwnews&utm_term=4ldqpgc#4ldqpgc …

1:07 PM - Sep 1, 2019

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Fuck this guy. You know who was more devout than 99% of Americans. The BTK strangler. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader

Religion being the answer is fucking laughable. Thinking that god has a master plan in a world where babies are shot in the face and children are killed at schools is also laughable.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Get real, quit your bullshit, and confiscate those guns!

A lot of people own guns and then buy more guns to protect their guns. Having their guns taken away is just as good an excuse to shoot someone as any. Factor in that a lot of law enforcement officers would likely refuse to confiscate guns, either on principle or because they don't want to be shot, and you've got a shitstorm.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
From reading around, apparently Democrats didn't even run anyone against that piece of shit. Yet an Independent managed to get 24% of the vote. I think it's inexcusable for Dems to not at least run someone against people who're as damaging as Schaefer is to this country.

His district is in one of the darkest red pockets of the country; even with Texas rocketing towards purple he's safe with a D challenger only getting 10-15% or some such more than the indy.

Unless he's chastised by state GOP into resigning, he's there as a bomb-throwing shithead till he decides different (and with how bad the TX GOP has shown themselves as the shit gets real for them, the former is not likely).

A lot of people own guns and then buy more guns to protect their guns. Having their guns taken away is just as good an excuse to shoot someone as any. Factor in that a lot of law enforcement officers would likely refuse to confiscate guns, either on principle or because they don't want to be shot, and you've got a shitstorm.

It also plays into their Fantasy Fears of shadowy evil government (a real one they've already tried to put in) taking their guns and, I dunno, turning Gay Rays on their children or somesuch.

The NRA is dying, and that's the lynchpin of this madness; once they're exposed for what they are proper gun strategy will get much easier.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I was pleased to see in local news (Finland) how the news anchor started with mentioning the perp being white male. This usually doesn't happen, while people being immigrants/refugees is always mentioned, like in the Lyon knife attack that was reported just before this incident.

ukWuWjs.png

Esfe2TD.png

The fuck, god gave the right for firearms? Are we sure they have been asked? They certainly didn't create them. Dude's a nutter.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Indys get higher numbers than Dems in ruby red districts and Republicans in sapphire blue districts. A Dem running in that district would just split what the indy is getting. Maybe scrape up a couple more points from the few people who would vote for a Democrat but not against a Republican in that district, but would still come in with fewer points than the Indy has now.