• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lostconst

Oct 27, 2017
www.kvue.com

Texas House passes permitless handgun carry bill

House Bill 1927 will allow Texans eligible to carry guns in the state to carry guns openly or concealed without a license to carry.

Members of the Texas House of Representatives on Thursday initially passed House Bill 1927 (HB 1927) to allow Texans to carry handguns without a license to carry. The bill will need one additional vote before being sent to the Senate for consideration.
If signed into law, HB 1927 by State Rep. Matt Schaefer (R-Tyler), will allow Texans 21 years and older who are eligible to carry a gun in the state to carry a handgun, openly in a holster or concealed, without a permit.
I guess even requiring a license is too much now.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
What a timely piece of Legislation...

Certainly this is the proper response to the recent shootings in Texas

What a crazy time... Stay safe Texas Era.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Uhh...

Even if you're taking some sort of 2A position on guns, you can't skip the "well regulated" part!

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
The Texas GOP is pushing this as a protection for minority gun owners from the police. We all know that won't be the outcome, afterall there is no budget for police retraining in this bill so there isn't even a whiff of a bandaid approach to actually changing police behavior, and if anyone wants to pretend this is going to make it safe for a black man to open carry in a sundown town like Vidor or Alba I got a bridge I'd like to sell you.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, how long before it's made law that every newborn is gifted an AR-15 at birth in the state of Texas?

Oct 27, 2017
Just the most absurd shit if this ends up as law.

What makes you think it won't?

The Tennessee Legislature has passed a bill that would allow Tennesseans over the age of 21 to carry a handgun without a permit.

The controversial law is opposed by many state law enforcement groups.

www.wmcactionnews5.com

Controversial permitless carry bill passes Tenn. Legislature, toughens penalties for gun-related crimes

The Tennessee Legislature has passed a bill that would allow Tennesseans over the age of 21 to carry a handgun without a permit.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
What is it about state-level politics that allows these far right-wingers to be wildly successful?

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
What is it about state-level politics that allows these far right-wingers to be wildly successful?
Only the wealthy can afford to run/work as a state legislator, which are usually underpaid part time jobs.

kinda hard for young lefties to survive and do that kinda job without generational wealth

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
People don't show up to vote unless it's a presidential election. The city I live in recently had our mayoral election and the turnout was just under 40%, which was an all-time record turnout. I live in Colorado where every registered voter is mailed a ballot weeks ahead of election day, so there really is no excuse to not turn in your ballot. People just don't pay attention to politics unless it is a presidential election.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you can't shoot covid, how do you expect to win?

Chief-Wiggum-Flu-Guns.gif

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
"This bill should be called 'common sense carry' because this bill is about common, law-abiding citizens being able to carry commonly owned hand guns in common public places for the common reason of personal and family protection," said Schaefer on the House floor on Thursday.

what is wrong with this country

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
PERMITLESS. PERMITLESS.

Lord, you gotta be kidding me with this. I hope your legislators block this Texas. What an absolutely stupid state of affairs if everyone is walking around with hands on triggers.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeMotherFuckingHAAAAAAAAAAWW!!! Pew pew!
Pew pew. People dead. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!!!! Let's SHOOT SHIT UP!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!!!!
Tentententenetenetenetene BONANZAAAAA, tentendetendetenteneten BONANZAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I think the only way to combat this is to go the Black Panther route and have black communities excercise these rights in their communities and especially around "law enforcement" officials. They'll reconsider their gun control legislation, or lack thereof, real quick.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Next logical step is to include a gun with your driver's license, of course. I seriously will never understand the logic behind this shit and I'm glad worrying about people carrying weapons around me has hardly been a concern for me.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
The Texas GOP is pushing this as a protection for minority gun owners from the police. We all know that won't be the outcome, afterall there is no budget for police retraining in this bill so there isn't even a whiff of a bandaid approach to actually changing police behavior, and if anyone wants to pretend this is going to make it safe for a black man to open carry in a sundown town like Vidor or Alba I got a bridge I'd like to sell you.
When your gun fetishism is so strong it causes you to acknowledge racism.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Texas doesn't have a law requiring everyone, children too, to walk around with a gun on them at all times or face 20 years in jail.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I think the only way to combat this is to go the Black Panther route and have black communities excercise these rights in their communities and especially around "law enforcement" officials. They'll reconsider their gun control legislation, or lack thereof, real quick.

Yeah, I didn't want to be this guy. but yeah. I can't imagine Texas being cool with a bunch of Houston black folks running around dressed like Yosemite Sam with no regulation.

Nor do I see a cop who's working on his online white supremacy phd willing to roll up to five guys bullshitting on a backyard blatantly strapped.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't some right wing chud post this pict unironically?
I think that's a serious misread of the moment in time for the party. They'd just use that as leverage to say "Look, you need to buy more guns to protect yourself from these scary people! Please buy more guns!"

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
So is this going to be like Tennessee where every building has a "no guns allowed" sign on it?

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
This is from the less insane side of state congress... meaning this is going to pass.

Fuck.

So is this going to be like Tennessee where every building has a "no guns allowed" sign on it?
It already happened here. That was a backfire on the GOP's part as they didn't expect so many building pulling through with those signs.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
sounds like the wild west, pretty damn crazy to me as a eurolander.

like, you'll just see random people with guns walking around and you're just supposed to assume they're all "the good guys"? fucking lunacy lol.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I will never be able to fathum just how absolutely scared shitless some humans are of other humans. That they feel the need to carry around a weapon at all times in order to kill another human should the need arise. Some people just live sad, sad, depressing lives. To be so afraid of their own shadows. I honestly dont know how they do it.