• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
i was already planning on moving out of texas but this is now kinda making me fast track that plan now lol

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Masks should be mandated by anyone with a cough or a runny nose from here until all viruses are defeated, IMHO.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like keeping the mask mandate would have been a good idea just in case. Even if you are crazy enough jump the gun while vaccinations are still ongoing.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
I see Greg Abbott has found a distraction from his previous attempt to mass murder Texans...by assuring mass death of Texans.

Holy shit this is bad.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Fuck this on so many fucking levels. Putting so many people at risk just for fucking appearances. Fuck off. I'm also mad for a fucking selfish reason as I'm trying to get to my new apartment with my boyfriend in Canada by the border is still fucking closed and I feel like this is just gonna end up prolonging that. FUCK

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Fucking blue MAGA, I swear to god. As if Republicans weren't bad enough.

Anyone on here with this same opinion can get fucked, thank you very much.
Over half of white Republicans don't even want the vaccine. And the red states are also the ones lifting the restrictions the earliest. So I think we can see where this is going.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
God I'm tired of this asshole. It's not like a lot of places aren't already open in Texas. So why make it worse you cruel shit? A few months until the vaccine is more available isn't going to make a difference to the economy versus even more dead.

Goddamn tree didn't do its job.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
has your district said anything about the mandate? Mine pretty much said Abbot failed to set any guidelines so we will continue to wear masks.

"We're waiting for guidance from TEA".

I'm on a FB group with teachers state-wide, and it looks like the same statement many districts across the state put out.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
My husband and I moved from TX to WA in 2019. He's an educator. Because of Biden and Inslee, he gets his vaccine on Saturday as teachers are now considered eligible for Phase 1B. Moving here is like the difference between a developed nation and not. It's literally a life or death difference for teachers apparently

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Abbot must have shares in Covid Inc.

Waaaaaaiiiit for iiiit.

......he's gonna make a killing.

Slightly more serious: The man is a loon. His way of making it seem okey by giving individual county judges the power to reimpose restrictions if necessary is bonkers for several reasons:
-What if they choose not to?
-If one county imposes restrictions due to rising hospitalisations, where are people going to go to enjoy themselves? Yup, the neighbouring counties and then the virus spreads.
- You can't do preventive measures one place to solve the problem there. You have to do it everywhere so the virus has nowhere to go.

This is not rocket science.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
He killed hundreds from the power grid failures, why not go for broke with one last Spike of death from COVID to distract from the power grid issue.

It's fucking sickening.

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
why do americans and especially people in the south have such a huge problem with the masks? it´s such a non issue really.

oh they don't have a problem with mask, it's just that the one they're forced to wear ain't this one
deliveryService

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Abbot must have shares in Covid Inc.

Waaaaaaiiiit for iiiit.

......he's gonna make a killing.

Slightly more serious: The man is a loon. His way of making it seem okey by giving individual county judges the power to reimpose restrictions if necessary is bonkers for several reasons:
-What if they choose not to?
-If one county imposes restrictions due to rising hospitalisations, where are people going to go to enjoy themselves? Yup, the neighbouring counties and then the virus spreads.
- You can't do preventive measures one place to solve the problem there. You have to do it everywhere so the virus has nowhere to go.

This is not rocket science.

This is exactly the issue with covid and other problems like it and not being able to have a full federal mandated response. If one state closes up fun attractions and such, people can just go to a nearby state and come back with covid. Same with counties in states. It's an all or nothing thing, everyone has to do it at the same time together and when you have a party that would send workers to their deaths as blood sacrifice for the capitalist machine running a huge number of states then you can't get that co-ordinated response that would have stopped a lot of the spread early on.

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
God I hate living here. Keep showing your ass, repubs.

I work in a school district, too, and so far we are awaiting guidelines from TEA. However, I am already seeing colleagues walk around with no mask on.

Fuck.

simmins

Nov 7, 2017
I suspect that now that everything is going to be lifted there will be aa bigger effort to hide case infection and deaths in the state. That's why people like Cuomo need to be held accountable. If not it sends a message to everyone that it is okay to hide data. That's why I don't think we will truly know the extent of this virus for a long time.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
I suspect that now that everything is going to be lifted there will be aa bigger effort to hide case infection and deaths in the state. That's why people like Cuomo need to be held accountable. If not it sends a message to everyone that it is okay to hide data. That's why I don't think we will truly know the extent of this virus for a long time.

This is true and goes way beyond cuomo.....florida and texas have been openly hiding the covid death numbers for almost a year at this point and they barely got called out on it. I don't understand why it isn't constantly thrown at them that it's weird to have more deaths from Pneumonia last summer than those states have had in multiple years combined.......if the numbers of Pneumonia deaths were true and it isn't covid then there is clearly a serious issue going on with something in those places that also needs to be hugely dealt with.....

It isn't a hard line of questioning to ask but it rarely seems to be. Right wing media is hammerimg the cuomo fuckery and using it to push their agenda going forward and yet it's barely mentioned that these 2 huge gop ran states have been doing fuckery with the numbers openly for a year. It's fucked up the lack of transparency the usa people are getting due to these corrupt fucks in so many states valuing their political futures over the people they're meant to represent.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Abbott would much rather talk about this than the power grid failure so makes sense he'd do this even though it'll get people killed.

Effnine

Oct 28, 2017
H-E-B hasn't been enforcing their mask policy the whole time. Apparently, it's a store manager's discretion on whether or not to truly enforce it.

I'm on a FB group with teachers state-wide, and it looks like the same statement many districts across the state put out.

Rogers ISD said they won't require masks for students and teachers starting March 10. No temperature checks for kids either. The school districts directly surrounding me are all waiting for what the TEA says.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017

Once again the way the GOP have handled covid is like they're trying to prove they can do the worst job and still get elected by the idiots who vote for them. The people demanding teachers get back to school so they can have "Free daycare" once again are going to ignore that people don't even want to force basic ass safety measures to be put on people do allow that to happen without risking staff and their family's lives even more.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
My mother works for a prominent community college president in Texas and the president said it is his decision and the board. Thus masks not going away or asking people to be in the office

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Memorial Hermann and HEB announced they will follow CDC guidelines rather than the Governor so that is good

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
why do americans and especially people in the south have such a huge problem with the masks? it´s such a non issue really.

Its not just americans. There are anti maskers in canada as well. Modern conservatism is essentially rejecting anything liberals say even if you ordinarily would agree with it.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR

Conservatism. It really just boils down to the fact that modern conservatives don't like 'elitist liberals' telling them what to do.

That being said, us 'elitist liberals' in Oregon are doing pretty well compared to Texas. They have 7x the population as us, but 17x the Covid cases and 19x the Covid deaths - and that's before the mandate even fully lifts. Yesterday, my entire county only had 26 cases, and nearly 900k people live here.

If wearing masks and believing in science is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
People want this though and that's why they vote.

That's the scary thing.

The GOP has fully revealed itself as a white nationalist neo-fascist party that will sacrifice as many poor people as necessary to keep the money flowing. They grind these dumbfucks who vote for them into dust yet these fools are willing to literally toss aside democracy for this Party of seditionists and traitors.

I literally do not know how you reason with or reach a voting bloc that will pull the trigger every time you hand them this:

72630653.jpg

Every...fucking...time.