• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
A bunch of people are going to wake up in the next few weeks with a neurological condition they didn't have before, and it's all going to be his fault.

I say this as a person who got covid and now has a random ass neurological condition I've been dealing with for essentially two months now.

People are going to say that this is fine because of the vaccine and most people recover, not recognizing that they could recover and end up like me, struggling to stand up and maintain balance, let alone walk.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Texas is definitely going to be a hot zone and I won't be shocked if there is another variant.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Oh yeah, this thread also gives me an excuse to drop one of my favorite Greg Abbott facts:

When Abbott was Texas AG, he dropped a fraud investigation into Trump University. Trump later donated $35k to Abbott's gubernatorial campaign.

See also: Florida's Pam Bondi.
www.vox.com

State attorneys general who dropped Trump University fraud inquires subsequently got Trump donations

"When you give, they do whatever the hell you want them to do."
apnews.com

Trump University model: Sell hard, demand to see a warrant

The manual for the staff at Trump University events was precise: The room temperature should be 68 degrees. Seats should be arranged in a theater-style curve.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
A bunch of people are going to wake up in the next few weeks with a neurological condition they didn't have before, and it's all going to be his fault.

I say this as a person who got covid and now has a random ass neurological condition I've been dealing with for essentially two months now.

People are going to say that this is fine because of the vaccine and most people recover, not recognizing that they could recover and end up like me, struggling to stand up and maintain balance, let alone walk.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I spend so much time thinking about what could happen to me or my loved ones as a result of incompetent leadership and republican morons, but I don't spend enough time thinking about the people that have already had terrible things happen to them as a result of the aforementioned. I hope things start to improve for you in some ways, tiny or huge.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they don't want to take precautions, limit the vaccines going to Texas and spread them to other states that want to open safely

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020

Holy fucking shit, my sister started struggling to walk out of the blue last week. We all got COVID a couple months ago so I don't know if it finally kicked in or she caught a new strain

My dad almost died of COVID-induced pneumonia in November as well

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Republicans are just subhuman trash. They don't deserve the lives they're given.

We are literally finally months away from seeing this through and getting everybody vaccinated and, of course, Republicans have to set fire to everything on the way out.

I fucking hate these people and our Texas government.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Tate Reeves just gave the exact same fucking announcement. Did R governors just all call each other to try to undermine vaccines?

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
No one in Victoria is forcing the mask order except for major stores and the H-E-B's here so this really doesn't surprise me.

I grew up in Victoria, and all of my old buddies told me the same thing, that people all over the place aren't wearing masks. You can't trust these idiots to do the right thing.

I'd say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Though it's definitely a mixed bag having stupid leaders. My son has been in school face to face for months now thanks to how cavalier the state government has been, and he's doing much better than he was during the Zoom days. Still, fuck Abbott. It's all so unnecessary.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
a7bX61W.png

201605031815_hmm.png
someone should call, request a tour, record it, and when it's denied on account of COVID send the recording to the media

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If they don't want to take precautions, limit the vaccines going to Texas and spread them to other states that want to open safely

Texans already suffered enough in recent weeks from clown-ass behavior, gotta brace to suffer more from clown-ass behavior, and proposing more clown-ass behavior.

Nah. Let the ones that vote R be ungrateful and save the ones that are tired of living this bullshit.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia

Man, that sucks. I hope you recover soon. My neighbour got it bad too and he still has trouble stringing sentences together.

At one point his dexterity was even worse than mine, and I have fucking Parkinson's and RA.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
Even for Texas, this still has me a bit stunned. 100% capacity? Jesus take the wheel.

I mean we are literally just months - hell not even that many months! - from having this thing contained and people relatively safe from severe disease, and they're just throwing in the towel.

I'm worried other red states (looking at youKemp) will follow suit.

In SC, I'm sure McMaster is down here orgasming to the idea of opening up at 100% now that someone else has done it first.

Effnine

Oct 28, 2017
Between this, the power outage and just overall shittiness of the people (specifically Trumpers and Republicans in this state), my family is fully prepared to leave the state once we get vaccinated and things around the country return to some kind of normal.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is fucking awful. I'm guessing it means companies can also force all employees back into offices and in-person operations as well, if they desire since there's no legal advisory against it anymore. This is celebrating victory before even crossing the finish line.. Just think of how many additional lives are going to be lost for no fucking reason when we are getting SO CLOSE to the end. Why would you throw it all away one last time just to kill off another bunch of people rather than wait the last month or two for wider vaccination? It's not like a business is going to be "saved' by opening in March vs April. If they're fucked, they're fucked by this point...

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Yup, I pretty much confined myself to staying as far away other than takeout and groceries as much as I possibly can when interacting with the public here in Florida. I tried having dinner with the fam a few nights ago and walked by a few bars in Fort Lauderdale. Absolutely no masks and 100% capacity. I'm not angry anymore. There's no point unfortunately. All I can do is hope I can get my vaccine and hope this ends sooner rather than later.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't help neighboring states, everyone is going to swarm in for St Patrick's and then travel back.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sorry to hear this. I spend so much time thinking about what could happen to me or my loved ones as a result of incompetent leadership and republican morons, but I don't spend enough time thinking about the people that have already had terrible things happen to them as a result of the aforementioned. I hope things start to improve for you in some ways, tiny or huge.
If things can improve, who knows how long that's going to take. I couldn't even get a neurologist appointment until next week. US healthcare is trash.

Holy fucking shit, my sister started struggling to walk out of the blue last week. We all got COVID a couple months ago so I don't know if it finally kicked in or she caught a new strain

My dad almost died of COVID-induced pneumonia in November as well
It could be both. Have you seen her walk? And if so, does it look more like her body is heavy or does it look like she walks like she has MS?

This is essentially what my movement consists of, but much slower (on average). My body will also spontaneously sway sometimes when I'm just standing on the low end, and I'll have vicious tremors on the high end. Dizzy spells are common, and I can't pick up anything off of the ground without stumbling backward or falling entirely.

I also fall at least three times a day. I hope it's just that your sister feels heavy, because these spasms suck and are horrible on the back and joints.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
All this after the more contagious strain from Britain had a confirmed case in Harris county and we've only begun vaccinating people. He's going to reignite the pandemic.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
All this after the more contagious strain from Britain had a confirmed case in Harris county and we've only begun vaccinating people. He's going to reignite the pandemic.

That's what Republicans want. They don't anything to be seen as a Biden victory. They want deaths happening under his term to elevate and will do everything they can do undermine the current momentum and optimism in the administration.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
My biggest issue is that this is now going to cause more fights on mask wearing inside businesses. I don't believe many national companies are going to change anything so this will be a mess.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds about right for Texas.

Stay safe Texas ERA.