• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just another example of shitty American gun culture, if it wasn't possible that pretty much anyone can own a loaded weapon I'm sure there would be less shoot first, ask questions later incidents.

You don't hear about innocent people getting shot on a regular basis in other countries.

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Fucking devils in uniform. Didnt even identify himself before opening fire on an innocent woman. Yet another example of how we're not even safe in our own homes with these white supremacists "protecting" us.

R.I.P. Atatiana Jefferson.

I wish I could say justice will be served but I'm not that naive.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just another example of shitty American gun culture, if it wasn't possible that pretty much anyone can own a loaded weapon I'm sure there would be less shoot first, ask questions later incidents.

You don't hear about innocent people getting shot on a regular basis in other countries.
I think that plays a part but the bigger problem is with systemic racism in police departments and poor training for officers.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this on BBC news. I imagine nothing will change, like cops in America just seem to getting worse and getting away with it but part of me wonders if this triggers a riot like several years ago.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Posting this, because I think it's important for people unfamiliar with black neighborhoods to grasp the normalcy that is constantly being invaded and violated by people who are supposed to protect us:

When police enter our neighborhoods, their training AND their racism train them to see superhuman "thugs" with guns and fangs or some shit lurking around every corner.

And normal, every day, tax paying Americans pay the price.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I live just outside of Dallas, and one night I woke up to this sight in my backyard:

J1Hl9Lz.jpg

Police officer and K-9 breach the backyard gate. Not visible, but 2 other officers are hiding behind the fence and holding the gate open waiting for the signal to advice forward.

Happened 2 years ago now, but this was what my wife and I woke up to one morning. Saw flashes of light outside the bedroom windows and thought it was just lighting. When I peeked through the blinds to see if it was raining, I saw 4 police officers with their guns drawn and a K-9 unit searching my back yard!

I immediately called 911 to find out what the hell was going on! They had been chasing a car burglar through the neighborhood and the K-9 had tracked him to my backyard.

I have security cameras all around the house, so after everything was done I replayed the recordings to see how this all got started. I found that the suspect had jumped the wood fence of my rear neighbor, before jumping the fence of my left side neighbor and then bolted across the street pass my wife's car in the driveway. According to the time stamp on the cameras, the police were roughly 1 hour behind him. They eventually caught him and used my camera footage as evidence against him.

A9iYOr6.jpg

It's scary sometimes. The police never identified themselves to me or knocked on the door to let me know they were there or what they were doing. I only just happened to see their flash lights In the early morning hours and got the run down on what was happening from a 911 dispatcher.

Makes me wonder what would have happened if you were doing something in your backyard when the k-9 unit reached your house. You being confused while they are on edge would have made for a possibly disastrous confrontation.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
This past Friday my supervisor talked to us about taking youth to the police academy for a tour and demo of how they train. My coworkers were surprised when I asked if I could sit this one out as I'm completely uncomfortable around the police.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
That poor woman, child, and anyond close to them.

And fuck, imagine being worried for someone, calling the cops, and then having this happen. I'd be ruined by guilt.

Also, I hate that I have to see a happy, smiley ad before being shown the body cam footage. Fucking tasteless.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Here's what a police officer says about this.

Good video, I didn't know a lot of the scene but this guy talked about it and even gave info from experience. This should be a clear cut case. A lot of people that showed up should be in trouble. They approached the scene all wrong, looking for a fight it seem. Hid their car, didn't knock or talk through the screen, tried to Rainbow Six it, blinded the victim and shot her dead. He wasn't even sure that she could hear him because the cop told her to raise her han(shoots).

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Particularly bad is that half second window between "show me your hands" and pulling the trigger. Jesus Christ.

Eat My Jorts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Makes me wonder what would have happened if you were doing something in your backyard when the k-9 unit reached your house. You being confused while they are on edge would have made for a possibly disastrous confrontation.

Imagine if he'd utilized his right to defend himself against the invading cop and dog and blown them both away.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Every fucking time I decide to come over to the etcetera side there's always some fucking crazy news like this one. Like, what the fuck? That video is fucking insane, he just straight up murdered a person. In her home, being blinded by a flashlight, being shouted at through a window with no fucking way to know who was talking and probably not even understanding what was being said and absolutely with no time to react. So fucking infuriating.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Do cops just LIKE going into peoples' houses and shooting them? Is there something about the home environment that makes it better for them? How can this KEEP HAPPENING?

Police departments keeps hiring racist people. Plus Systemic Racism.

There needs to be a police reform all around this country.

Last edited:

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
RIP to another victim of a messed up beyond words system and culture. That neighbour must feel awful, meant to do well and now this lady is dead because of a triggerhappy uniformed murderer.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
We need to start blasting back.

I'm fucking tired of this bullshit.

Me too. It's getting out of control.

This woman was calling the police, asking them for help, & you just come by & shoot & kill her for no real reason? Especially when she was playing video games right beside her nephew?

And people wonder why black people such as myself don't trust the police out here in America anymore. They wonder why the police get such a bad reputation in this country now!

It's absolutely ridiculous; Absolutely outrageous & absurd!

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Has there been any update to this, or can we expect the usual.Paid admin leave while they wait to see if this blows over

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
They better lock this murderer up. May want to check his history for more killings.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Another layer of fucked about this is that the neighbor who called was honestly worried because the door was left open past 2 am. Imagine thinking that you're helping your neighbor out of a potentially dangerous situation, only to get them killed?

And the nephew... Fuck.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Sharing this so I'm not the only one having my heart broken again this morning:

Her life mattered.