• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 1, 2017

The local story states that the woman was playing video games with her eight-year old nephew moments before being shot.
I hope her family gets justice and help dealing with this. Especially her nephew. I hope that kid doesn't grow up thinking this is in anyway their fault.

I should have just finished reading this yesterday and ruined my night instead of my morning.
Urban Scholar stay good.

NR1

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas, TX
I live just outside of Dallas, and one night I woke up to this sight in my backyard:

J1Hl9Lz.jpg

Police officer and K-9 breach the backyard gate. Not visible, but 2 other officers are hiding behind the fence and holding the gate open waiting for the signal to advice forward.

Happened 2 years ago now, but this was what my wife and I woke up to one morning. Saw flashes of light outside the bedroom windows and thought it was just lighting. When I peeked through the blinds to see if it was raining, I saw 4 police officers with their guns drawn and a K-9 unit searching my back yard!

I immediately called 911 to find out what the hell was going on! They had been chasing a car burglar through the neighborhood and the K-9 had tracked him to my backyard.

I have security cameras all around the house, so after everything was done I replayed the recordings to see how this all got started. I found that the suspect had jumped the wood fence of my rear neighbor, before jumping the fence of my left side neighbor and then bolted across the street pass my wife's car in the driveway. According to the time stamp on the cameras, the police were roughly 1 hour behind him. They eventually caught him and used my camera footage as evidence against him.

A9iYOr6.jpg

It's scary sometimes. The police never identified themselves to me or knocked on the door to let me know they were there or what they were doing. I only just happened to see their flash lights In the early morning hours and got the run down on what was happening from a 911 dispatcher.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Never call the cops. Never talk to the cops. Never trust cops. They are not your friends. They are not here to help. They are an armed gang of malicious thugs.

The police need to be disarmed and dismantled. They are not fit for purpose.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Murder

Do these idiots still wonder why the black community in America do not trust the police.

You cannot just go and kill innocent black people and then expect that same community to trust you.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
It's scary sometimes. The police never identified themselves to me or knocked on the door to let me know they were there or what they were doing. I only just happened to see their flash lights In the early morning hours and got the run down on what was happening from a 911 dispatcher.

Imagine was could have happened had you gone outside to see what was going on.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
It seems like mebbe not send an armed person on a wellness check. Cops are supposed to be this neighborhood resource for safety and help, but they're also armed and racist. So, maybe a lower division created of pepper spray carrying friendly neighborhood people and call SWAT when you need a shootout.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no, who wouldn't believe these people when they say someone wasn't murdered by them for simply being a key witness against their criminal activity?

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
This is such senseless stuff. A person should feel their safest at home. What's with this pussification of cops these days? They're scared of their own fucking shadows.
Pussification? No.
More like they wanna kill all black people. They will find excuses to do it, and get away with their white tears.
As a black man. I stay away from the police.
They are merchants of death for us black people.

Vegetom

Oct 28, 2017
Never call the cops. Never talk to the cops. Never trust cops. They are not your friends. They are not here to help. They are an armed gang of malicious thugs.

The police need to be disarmed and dismantled. They are not fit for purpose.
It's fuckedup what happened. The cops that where involved should be put on trial.
But damn, is it ok to post things like this and "ACAB" on here? Yikes, your country is broken.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Her nephew is going to have nightmares over this for a long time. If not forever.

These guys keep proving that they can't be trusted with their firearms.

Isn't this the same state where the last guy was shot in his home?

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
MaN, if I were black I'd probably be dead by now by cop. Way back in college I came home (I went to college in the same city I grew up in and my parents lived in) and the house alarm was going off and a police car was there (the alarm was really bad about doing false alarms, this was no different). I go inside and yell hello to let the cop know I was there and she eventually came down, gun drawn on me. If I were black she'd probably have just shot me. I didn't even put my hands up, just told her I live there. I don't even think she asked for ID but accepted that.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Just saw this and the clip on the BBC. He doesn't even finish giving his warning and he just fires. And so what if there is a gun lying around. It's in her house. He's the one creeping around peering through windows. What on earth?

No justification. Just murder from a cowardly bastard.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
MaN, if I were black I'd probably be dead by now by cop. Way back in college I came home (I went to college in the same city I grew up in and my parents lived in) and the house alarm was going off and a police car was there (the alarm was really bad about doing false alarms, this was no different). I go inside and yell hello to let the cop know I was there and she eventually came down, gun drawn on me. If I were black she'd probably have just shot me. I didn't even put my hands up, just told her I live there. I don't even think she asked for ID but accepted that.
Yep. In the same state (Texas) you've got white people walking around with rifles (open carry or whatever bullshit) and nothing happens to them. Then you've got black kids with fucking Nerf or BB guns getting shot by police.

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Wow. So he's called to do a wellness check but instead creeps around, doesn't announce himself, and then opens fire pretty much the instant he sees someone? America, what is wrong with your police? Is the default action when investigating an unknown situation to draw weapons and fire at any movement?

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Wow. So he's called to do a wellness check but instead creeps around, doesn't announce himself, and then opens fire pretty much the instant he sees someone? America, what is wrong with your police? Is the default action when investigating an unknown situation to draw weapons and fire at any movement?
If the person looks black, unload your clip.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's all cops. I hope if the Dems can get power for two terms they do something about the police in this country. It's time to nuke the police union that protects this behavior.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
It's all cops. I hope if the Dems can get power for two terms they do something about the police in this country. It's time to nuke the police union that protects this behavior.
Didn't Obama get in a bit of trouble for saying "if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon"? Republicans would try to spin any attempt, and I hope something is done if Dems do get two + terms. Can't play nice with them anymore like Obama did, there's no reasoning with them. They are no good.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Obama get in a bit of trouble for saying "if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon"? Republicans would try to spin any attempt, and I hope something is done if Dems do get two + terms. Can't play nice with them anymore like Obama did, there's no reasoning with them. They are no good.

Further back. Remember the "Beer Summit" where conservatives lost their shit at Obama saying that a Harvard professor being arrested at his own house was the police acting stupidly?

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Fucking hell, that video. How could she even have put her hands up? There was no time. It's basically like that old South Park episode where they yelled "it's coming right for us!" to shoot animals in "self defense." As though he just thinks yelling "put up your hands" gives you free rein to just open fire.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The door is open. Why not go to the front and yell your presence into the entrance?? This shit is so fucked up.

The DA in this area is allegedly the same racist that sent a Black woman to prison for 5 years for erroneously voting as an ex con. Good luck getting justice with this case.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This one is mind numbingly stupid. Why were guns even drawn? Just knock on the fucking front door and announce yourself and wait for someone to answer. An open door doesn't indicate anything at that point.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There'll be sustained protests If this guy gets off, or at least there should be

Open and shut as you can get

Are they trained to be fearful even when there's fuck all reason to be?

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This was clearly someone who was trigger happy. Shooting someone inside of their home within 2 seconds of asking them to show their hands is murder.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Never. Call. The. Cops.
This is true.

Still, I feel bad for the neighbor. He truly seemed to believe he was doing the right thing and looking out for his neighbor. It just speaks to the dual reality black people have to live with. We KNOW not to trust police while being constantly told that we should.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
My heart goes out to the lady's family. Cops are pigs all of them. Having said that I wish the thread title said Fort Worth instead of lumping the rest of the state with the racist shit hole that is the dallas/fort worth area.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
It's fuckedup what happened. The cops that where involved should be put on trial.
But damn, is it ok to post things like this and "ACAB" on here? Yikes, your country is broken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km4uCOAzrbM

Patriot Act did an ep on our broken police system. So many of them push for the type "warrior policing" they like to push. Kill first ask questions later

cop may never see trial as there is collusion in the system that requires DA and cops to work together so if a DA goes against a cop they cops may less likely help them in the future. Cop unions also will always side with the cop to squash everything

Last edited: